Kcole123 Planning Thread - April 17, 2015 - Melia Caribe Tropical

it's $800 for us to for the outside vendors and I thought that was expensive. We're only paying it once for the photographer and videographer (they're from the same company)

• Like 1

Yeah $1000 is so crazy but we can book the photographer and videography for minimum three night stay at the hotel which, I was told, about $600. I would rather pay that than the $1000 for sure.

Hey girls,

So my fiancé I managed to get on board with the Video and trash the dress session. I am so excited about this. Because we are getting married April 17th, we decided to have the trash the dress on April 19th. This is to avoid being photographed while we have any nasty hangovers. I know when I asked Nathan he said two days after would be much better. Had a time convincing him to do this to begin with, so I don't want to drag him out of bed the next day with a hangover.

Anyway I had already decided on a dress I am going with for the trash the dress and I bought it on Etsy for $200. As soon as I seen it I thought it would be perfect for this. Ordering online is tricky and it scares me a little but they want me to take all my measurements in order to customize it. I am going to wait another couple weeks before I do this because I am hoping to lose another 5 pounds.

But I thought I would show you guys the dress anyway.

post-277264-0-07997200-1422149152_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Well girls, I am exactly 67 days  out from the wedding. I should probably update what I have done since I last posted.

I ordered my second dress yesterday. They say it takes about a month to get here. I am hoping and praying that it will fit when it gets here. I will keep you all posted on that when I get it. Actually I will try it on and post a pic once I recieve it.

I have also used a template that I found on not sure if it's this forum or if it's a Facebook group I am on. But I made the welcome brochure based on the resort we chose and has our timelines in there as well. And most importantly has a map of the resort, which I expect will be used because the resort is huge.

I have confirmed and final numbers now from my travel agent of who is going. I have 29 people, included kids and myself and nathan. That is awesome and I am happy about that. I originally thought it was going to be around 35 people so less is good too. (Especially when budget is a concern).

I purchased sunglasses for the bridal party, put together key card holders, I purchased jewellery for the bridal party, I have yet to purchase watches for the groomsman. I may do that this weekend. I am looking for something around $120 as that is what I spent on each bridesmaid.

Things I have yet to do:

Purchase Marrige Liscence

Contact a Justice of the Peace (we are getting married before we leave and it's our secret, family or friends do not know this. I imagine if they did we would probably have mayge 5 people at our wedding.....lol)

Contact and send paperwork to resort

Contact La Barcaza with final numbers.

I have two dress fittings coming up

Get nails done

Get eyelash extensions

Start tanning

Contact Carribbean Celebrations with final numbers for set up of centre pieces on boat.

Contact who I can (vendors) to see what payments I can make before I leave for Punta Cana.

Get my engagement ring cleaned

Get my immunization needles (I am getting them done in 4 days)

Purchase watches for Groomsman

Purchase (at Dollarstore) kids items for their welcome bags.

Purchase Lingerie for the wedding night (Pink Fuzzy Pajamas will have to be put away for this night...lol)

Purchase some little thing for our parents.

OMG when doing lists, there is still so much left to do. Cross off one at a time. I am sure I am missing some things too.

• Like 2

Well girls, I am exactly 67 days  out from the wedding. I should probably update what I have done since I last posted.

I ordered my second dress yesterday. They say it takes about a month to get here. I am hoping and praying that it will fit when it gets here. I will keep you all posted on that when I get it. Actually I will try it on and post a pic once I recieve it.

I have also used a template that I found on not sure if it's this forum or if it's a Facebook group I am on. But I made the welcome brochure based on the resort we chose and has our timelines in there as well. And most importantly has a map of the resort, which I expect will be used because the resort is huge.

I have confirmed and final numbers now from my travel agent of who is going. I have 29 people, included kids and myself and nathan. That is awesome and I am happy about that. I originally thought it was going to be around 35 people so less is good too. (Especially when budget is a concern).

I purchased sunglasses for the bridal party, put together key card holders, I purchased jewellery for the bridal party, I have yet to purchase watches for the groomsman. I may do that this weekend. I am looking for something around $120 as that is what I spent on each bridesmaid.

Things I have yet to do:

Purchase Marrige Liscence

Contact a Justice of the Peace (we are getting married before we leave and it's our secret, family or friends do not know this. I imagine if they did we would probably have mayge 5 people at our wedding.....lol)

Contact and send paperwork to resort

Contact La Barcaza with final numbers.

I have two dress fittings coming up

Get nails done

Get eyelash extensions

Start tanning

Contact Carribbean Celebrations with final numbers for set up of centre pieces on boat.

Contact who I can (vendors) to see what payments I can make before I leave for Punta Cana.

Get my engagement ring cleaned

Get my immunization needles (I am getting them done in 4 days)

Purchase watches for Groomsman

Purchase (at Dollarstore) kids items for their welcome bags.

Purchase Lingerie for the wedding night (Pink Fuzzy Pajamas will have to be put away for this night...lol)

Purchase some little thing for our parents.

OMG when doing lists, there is still so much left to do. Cross off one at a time. I am sure I am missing some things too.

You are doing great!!

Do you have a Fossil outlet in Edmonton? if you do, I think you can find a very nice watch for $120 each.

I would assume that The Bay would have some similar prices and they always have sales. 

I purchased the cheap colorful sunglasses for my bridal party and I am so glad I finally decided to do this. Not only were they needed because the sun was blaring, but they made for some great pics :)

Now that I have been there, done that, you may be surprised at how many people don't care you got legally married in Canada. My aunt asked me about this before we left and she suggested that we do it at home for ease. I told her we were undecided. It came up numerous times in Mexico from guests and people were like 'oh just make it legal back home' when I said we were still undecided (hahah I suck)... so with that said, I think people would understand.

Hahaha Kim yeah your photo along with some others gave me the idea of the sunglasses. They look so cute in pictures. I bought mine at Claire's. I was hoping to get sunglasses for a $1 but no luck (and I would have given them to the whole group) but instead I bought them for $5 each and bought only for the bridal party.

• Like 2

Hahaha Kim yeah your photo along with some others gave me the idea of the sunglasses. They look so cute in pictures. I bought mine at Claire's. I was hoping to get sunglasses for a $1 but no luck (and I would have given them to the whole group) but instead I bought them for $5 each and bought only for the bridal party.

Yes $1 would have rawked!! I probably would have too. Knowing what I know now :) we paid $2 at dollarama. They came with these dorky glass cases too.

I'm eager to hear your review. I've stayed at a Melia resort in Cuba but do want to see Punta Cana one day too /)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Girls,

I thought I would share some of the items I purchases/created lately.

First are cute little note pads that I had not planned on but thought they were very cute when I seen them. Thought they would go nice in everyone's welcome bags and best of all they were really cheap. They came in packs of 12 for $2.50. I bought three packages.

note pads

Next are sunglasses I bought. I was originally thinking maybe I could purchase sunglasses at maybe a dollar store for like a $1 but who was I kidding. I couldn't find them that cheap anywhere and not the ones I wanted. So I just bought sunglasses for the bridal party because they were around $8.00 each. I bought the black for Nathan and White for me and I thought the aviators would be cute for the bridal party. I think they girls will love theirs because they also have coral as the handles as well.

bride And groom glasses

Groomsmen Glasses

Next up is the girls jewelry. I was not happy with the jewelry I had bought for them and felt I thought it just seemed cheap looking. I didn't want to spend a fortune in jewelry for the girls but I didn't want it to look to cheap looking either. So I used the box from the original jewelry I had bought and purchases some new jewelry. I paid less for these ones then the other original ones I had bought. Claire's had an awesome sale on for all jewelry for $5. So I bought three sets. they came with the necklace and these pretty drop earrings. I think these look much better than the other ones I had bought.

Girls Jewlery

Next up is the tip holders I created. As stated in an earlier thread, I found a template that I thought was super cute to place in the holders. I haven't received the coil rings for them yet but I thought I would show you how these turned out anyway. I will take a picture of all of it put together once I put the bags together.

Tip Holders

I purchases luggage tags at Party World for myself and Nathan. I ended up buying two sets just because that's probably the luggage we will end up carrying. I thought these were really cute as well.

Luggage Tags

And lastly, my welcome brochure. I again used a template that I seen either on this site or a Facebook page. I edited the template to the resort that I am going to and my own timeline of course. I love this welcome brochure and think everyone will find it very useful. Especially with the map on there. The resort is huge apparently.

Brochure1

Brochure2

Brochure3

• Like 3