Under Wedding Dress? Pic...need Opinions Please!

Hey Ladies,

I need your opinions. I have my first dress fitting on Saturday and i need to have everything with me that i am going to wear with the wedding dress so that they can make the best alterations to fit what i have. I have my shoes which i love but the only thing i am really stumbling on, is what to wear underneath my dress. I find that my dress doesn't conceal my little belly poof i have so i was hoping to get something to suck that in somewhat. But i also don't want something to be too warm for me. Also I need to figure out a bra or something to wear. I am so confused on what to get. I have attached a picture of something that covers everything what I am looking for (I hope). It's a shaper and it looks to have good support in the bra area and it's bridal. My question is do you recommend something like this for the heat? Or do you girls have any other suggestions. Anything will be great right now as I am paniking a little because my dress fitting is only 3 days away.

Kristy

post-277264-0-44140300-1421252556_thumb.png

That might be a good idea, but I think anything that fits that tightly might be warm. Will you get the chance to wear it beforehand and break it in? Something like that when new can be uncomfortable unless it can be washed and worn in advance.

What about building cups into your dress, then just getting tummy tuck undies instead of the whole one piece? The good lingerie stores should have something, or even your bridal store. Check Vic Secret online or La Senza (Canada?). Even higher end department stores should have stuff like that. And your bridal store should be able to tell you if they can work with your dress to build in cups. I know for some styles it doesn't work well.

You're starting to get close on your date too!! Not that much longer!!

• Like 1

Yeah I am thinking it's going to be too warm. I can ask them on Saturday if they can build in cups. WIth those, do they give you the same support as a bra. I don't want to go braless. i just can't do that...lol For the tummy tuck undies that you suggested? What would they be like? Would they be comfortable and thin and still do the job? Would it be good for the heat? It's so hard to decide on those things.

Yeah my date is getting close now. I still have to do a planning thread. I need to do one to keep all my plans together. I am the most unorganized person ever. I am kind of a scatter brain..lol

@@kcole123  I think she's referring to underwear that goes up and covers your stomach - so it's control in the stomach area, like an "instant tummy tuck".  They tend to be underwear shaped, but go up to under your breasts.  At least, that's what I think she's referring to!

They make good quality ones - you can check them out at most places that sell underwear.  Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Maidenform-Flexees-Shapewear-Seamless-Hi-Waist/dp/B00AWMQM4O/

Some brands are Maidenform, Spanx, etc.  My advice is to find one with reviews on the top not rolling - that would be horrible to have it roll under your dress!!

Sorry - I'm at work and can't find what I want. Our internet takes that as banned sites! lol go figure!

They don't even have to go up that high. You know how you can get stretch jeans that will make you look a size smaller? Or even dress pants for work that have little panels on the inside that sort of hold you in? You can get undies the same idea. I have 2 different kinds and it just depends on what I'm wearing over the top. I just did a google and walmart has some but like I said, I get a "site blocked" messgage if I try and click on it. Just google tummy control and a bunch of stuff will come up. Then just take a look and see what you think will work for you. Wedding dresses generally have at least 2 layers, or more, unless it's a super slinky style so you shouldn't get anything showing.

Yeah i don't want the top of them rolling down. That's why I thought mabe the slip type thingy I have posted thought would work because of that. But I don't want it to be too heavy or thick material either. What do most destination brides go with for this kind of thing? I am sure some brides out there want some kind of a "tummy tuck" from undies and also for it to be light.

I feel so pressured with this decision. You would think this would be an easy one. I find the weirdest things to stress over I swear...lol

I didn't even think of this and my first fitting is tomorrow!  I think i'll just do a regular strapless bra and find something at Target tonight that can hold me in.  Fingers crossed....

Our wedding is a day apart so we're on the same timeline : )

If you aren't comfortable going braless (like me!) just go get yourself a strapless bra.   I had one at home that was beige/black lace overlay that I used all the way up until about 2 weeks ago when I realized I should get a nude one.  So if you do have one on hand don't panic about that - for these fittings anything will work.

I do agree though, if you want something underneath like a shaper you should have it before your appt.   I can't recall the style of your dress off the top of my head (sorry) .... if you just want some control undies, then I would go out and get a few pairs.. even try them on in the store to ensure they are hugging the parts on your body you want them too (ie I wanted ones to cover up a little bulge on my sides from a scar - I had to try them on to ensure they came up high enough to cover that)....  you may find once you get your dress on that they work or don't work, and you can try again. Trust me I bought a lot of undies hahah.

I personally also feel the full shaper will be way too warm and uncomfortable in the climate. Also too because dresses (especially strapless) have to fit snug not loose so that will just be added 'constriction' and may be too much.  

You'd be shocked at what Victoria's Secret carries, check out their website.  I think a control panty would work for you though.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks @@calgarybride2015. I will try to get me some undies that will "tuck." What I am most self concious about are my love handles and stomach. I need that pushed in haha

@JKBC0418 yes we are on the same timeline. Your dress fitting is tomorrow hey? Let me know how that goes. Did they tell you anything about maintaining weight and by when you should have that maintained. Trying to lose some weight right now and hoping that the second dress fitting (in feb) will do. I hope they don't tell me I should have my weight maintained after the first dress fitting which is only Saturday. That don't give me mo time at all (although I could have started weight loss earlier).

@@JJCB0418

@kcole123  so I had my fitting today!  I only need to get a hem and bustle....it fit like a glove otherwise so she didn't mention anything about maintaining or losing, but I know I want to maintain my size so I don't need anything else done.  Sorry this doesn't really help you, but I'm pretty sure my sister lost weight after her first fitting and she was fine. 

My dress has cups in it already so I don't need a bra....if i wore one my girls will be really out there!  I did get something for my bottom from Target (link below) even though I might not wear it, because I think my dress will hold me in pretty well.

http://www.target.com/p/assets-by-sara-blakely-a-spanx-brand-women-s-supreme-slimmers-girl-short/-/A-15740118#prodSlot=_1_6

• Like 1