Photo

Finest 2015/2016 Brides

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#61 airsusie

airsusie
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

@jeaninealvarez congrats and thanks for posting. i'm glad/relieved to hear it went so smoothly. thanks for the info about the flowers, especially. i was going back and forth about having DIY centerpieces and the hotel flowers and just told teresa i wanted eight floral centerpieces, so am glad to hear they were worth the money.  is that the same boat that is by the wedding gazebo? it turned out nice in the photo! you look beautiful - congrats again!

#62 NE112015

NE112015
    • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

@jeaninealvarez, beautiful pictures! I am planning on doing the same thing as you did, we'll have the ceremony on the beach and plan to have the reception at the sky bar. My only worry is that our guest list has grown to 75 people and I am not sure if they can fit everyone in the sky bar area.
      I am bringing my own photographer! I agree with you that it's worth it. I looked at the resort photographer and their work was not my taste.
      I do have a Question for you. Did you use the DJ from the resort? How was the DJ? Is it good entertainment? I am so worried about the entertainment. I'm planning on having a bonfire the night before and maybe hire fire dance show, and get the DJ for the wedding night.

@Alicecc2015, I am getting married in November as well. When is your wedding date? Mine is 11/27

#63 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
      • 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

wedding planning updated:  I really should do a blog i think it would be so much easier.  LOL.

1. Flower Girl and Ring Bearer outfits purchased.  I got a great price exactly what I wanted on etsy.  Lady is hand making the dress and outfit for him.  https://www.etsy.com...hop_home_feat_3

https://www.etsy.com...g-shop-header-3

2. Flowers I have a hard time paying for flowers I know silly.  But I ordered a sample of the real touch flowers and got the bridesmaids flowers for $15 each!!!  Mine $30 and its perfect Orange Cala Lillies with Blue Ribbon and mine is Orange and White Cala Lillies and I got matching pieces for the guys.  The package only covered my bouquet and the groom and 2 for the grooms men.  So maybe they will let me get corsages with them instead for parents.

https://www.etsy.com...h?ref=related-3

So far both vendors have been great to work with!

Next post some DIY's I have completed.

@jeaninealvarez  beautiful photos!!!  Congrats on your wedding!

Do you have a photo of your gazebo for the beach?

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#64 jeaninealvarez

jeaninealvarez
        • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

Hi Ladies

DJ Mannani is fantastic - he played a bit of old, new - everything! I didn't even give him a list of songs, honestly it goes by so fast that I think its better to let him do his thing for the party!!

We had the mariachi band perform during the cocktail reception (which i missed most of due to photos) - and they were AWESOME! There is a trio of ladies and they are so good it gave me goosebumps (there is live music throughout the resort every day/evening).

Attached some more photos.

Attached Files

#65 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
          • 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

@jeaninealvarez  Was your Gazebo decoration included in the wedding package or you added it?  The material.

Love the photos getting excited 4 months and counting September 13!!!  60 plus people!  

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#66 Alicecc2015

Alicecc2015
            • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

@NE112015
              Our wedding is two weeks earlier than yours, on the 6th. :-D

I haven't picked the wedding dress yet and didn't really love anything I have tried on or worried about it will be too heavy and hot.

Any of you ladies choose the gown yet? If so what material or style ?

#67 Tsampson

Tsampson
              • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Hi ladies!

It nice to see this board with great information. My wedding is set for 10/2/15 at the finest. My travel agent has had a difficult time with communication with the coordinators at the finest so I'm a little nervous. i was told that I didn't need to pay for my wedding package until I arrive which I thought was strange. Did you all pay for the wedding package when you booked the rooms? Also have not heard from a wedding coordinator yet. We have just been dealing with Raul at the resort so far. Any insight or tips would be appreciated!! Thanks!

#68 NE112015

NE112015
                • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

@Alicecc2015, same here I need to start looking at dresses quickly. I'm planning on going to BHLDN and hoping to find something off the rack there.

@Tsampson, I haven't had much interaction with my wedding planner either! I am working with the resort directly and in order to book my wedding date, I had to book my stay. We are atayin there for 7 nights so our wedding fee should be waived off base on the contract. I am also visiting the resort 2 months prior to our wedding date so we can 1) see the resort and 2) finalize the details.

#69 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
                  • 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

I was having good communication all of March and April. One thing I recommend is one email at a time let them respond to that then send the next. It was helpful. I sent an email a few weeks ago and no response. I'm curious why. I don't have anyone else's email. Been dealing with Theresa.

Everything but the hotel room gets paid there. We used a TA for our rooms that made it very easy to handle.
                    It does take about a week in between even my TA said that.

Dress I got mine at a sample sale at a bridal shop.

Did lots of DIY projects.

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048198.989735.jpg   202.4KB   11 downloads

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048225.238124.jpg   216.27KB   9 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048234.757542.jpg   360.65KB   9 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048243.245118.jpg   391.25KB   8 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048261.020399.jpg   406.06KB   9 downloads

This is the flowers I mentioned Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048293.053296.jpg   226.73KB   9 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048299.973750.jpg   185.52KB   7 downloads
                    Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048312.046540.jpg   226.73KB   8 downloads

These are the pails I made for the kids baskets
                    Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048329.854487.jpg   274.44KB   8 downloads

These I ordered from etsy for my son to hold.
                    Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431048360.517058.jpg   314.04KB   9 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#70 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
                    • 195 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

This is what I'm getting my bridal party. We have a running joke #teamstarfish. This is perfect. Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431097664.184126.jpg   127.46KB   10 downloads

Also I got a response to all my questions today.

Totally recommend when you email with them bullet point everything for each question. She has never once missed anything. Also one email at a time let them respond then do another. I keep one in my draft of questions I have during the wait period.

I'll share photos she sent me of lighting
                      Sky Bar with DJ and the lights there already. Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431097862.500205.jpg   29.21KB   9 downloads

Las Dunnas Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431097875.479672.jpg   32.68KB   8 downloads

Right now we are planning sky bar reception and Las Dunnas our welcome party but not sure if we will be over the max for sky bar. If so we will be swapping doing sky for welcome and las Dunnas for wedding. We are at 60 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users