Photo

Finest 2015/2016 Brides

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#331 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:09 AM

@lizzjameson Whoa thanks for the tip - they didn't give me deadlines for anything!! LOL I will get working on my selections this week then!

If you find a map, can you please let me know?? I would love to include it in our welcome bags as well.

Did they send you a seating chart template to fill out with the layout of your reception? Or do we have to draw this up for them?

I can't wait to see pictures of all of your weddings!!!!! <3

#332 Maurindy2016

Maurindy2016
    • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

@Lizzjameson:  There is a map of the resort on the www.finestresort.com website.  Scroll to the very bottom and you will see map link.  I cannot cut and past for you on here for some reason.

#333 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
      • 195 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

@mexiwedding they didn't. When I got to the hotel I gave them my place cards and table numbers they did the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#334 Maurindy2016

Maurindy2016
        • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:40 AM

What activities did everyone do for their guests?  Did anyone do an excursion or something extra ?   I was thinking about a ferry trip out to the Isle Mujeres...wondered how that works, costs, etc.

#335 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
          • 39 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

@SusanMarie813 The resort photographer is telling us that we can ONLY use the included package for the wedding day :(

As for seating - so you had no say on making sure your family sat closer to you guys?

@Maurindy2016 Since my wedding is on the larger side, we are just going to book a Mayan Fire Show the day before the wedding and give a welcome toast to our guests. 

#336 lizzjameson

lizzjameson
            • 66 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:08 AM

@mexiwedding were you able to confirm the resort wasn't having a fire show already that same weekend? I thought about adding that to our reception but didn't want to pay for a show that may already be happening while they are there for free

#337 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
              • 39 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

@lizzjameson No I did not but great suggestions - will ask her now! Hmm I don't know what other options we have if they are already offering that show...something that would accommodate 90+ guests....

Yanin also just told me that the resort changed their schedule and is having a Bollywood Party on Thursdays and a White Party on Mondays - FYI. Back when we visited them in September, we were told that they alternate between a White Party or Pirate Party every Thursday.

I've heard they are strict with Men's dress code at the resort restaurants and my older relatives are wondering what they should wear. Does anyone know what Men should wear? Are sneakers? Jeans? Polos allowed?

#338 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
                • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:29 AM

@mexiwedding I did family at table 1&2 so they put that next to us. The space was small enough that it didn't matter to us. Everyone coming was as important as family. I'm sure you can draft up seating chart like create your table then the table numbers you want next to you. I had 8 tables 4 on each side.

That really stinks about the photographer. We didn't have to do that.

The men no shorts and no sandals. And they will turn people away it happened to us. No open sandals for men at the restaurants.

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#339 Maurindy2016

Maurindy2016
                  • 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

@lizzjameson No I did not but great suggestions - will ask her now! Hmm I don't know what other options we have if they are already offering that show...something that would accommodate 90+ guests....

Yanin also just told me that the resort changed their schedule and is having a Bollywood Party on Thursdays and a White Party on Mondays - FYI. Back when we visited them in September, we were told that they alternate between a White Party or Pirate Party every Thursday.

I've heard they are strict with Men's dress code at the resort restaurants and my older relatives are wondering what they should wear. Does anyone know what Men should wear? Are sneakers? Jeans? Polos allowed?

@lizzjameson:  I check their website and this is what it listed for each attire:

Casual: Shorts, Bermudas, sarongs and t-shirts are welcomed.

Casual Elegance

For Ladies: Long pants, Capri pants, skirt, blouse.

For Gentlemen: Long pants, collar shirts and dress shirt or polo shirt.

Casual shoes or elegant sandals must be worn.  

T-shirts, tank tops, shorts or beach sandals are not allowed.

Elegance

For Ladies: Dress, Long pants, Capri pants, skirt and blouse.       

For Gentlemen: Long dress pants and collar shirt

#340 Maurindy2016

Maurindy2016
                    • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

Someone on the boards gave me the person to get them from. I'll see if there is anyway I can find info.

@mexiwedding I had 50 people. I did photographer and added tables and chairs. With my flight and hotel 10 days we spent approx 18k. That included oot bags filled with stuff (not all of it was worth it) invites, my gown etx.

wow that's really good that you were able to spend only that much! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users