Finest 2015/2016 Brides

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#21 Pixistick

Pixistick
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

I am getting married next January!

I have booked our resort stay but now I am trying to figure out how to get the room block. I contacted Teresa regarding room blocking as well as wedding ceremony and reception locations/photos but she has not responded yet. 

I am going to go check out the resort in person something this summer, and hopefully I can meet up with Teresa to get some colors and decor figured out. 

I plan to hire the photographer that is offered at Finest (Beach Wedding Studio) Has anyone been in contact with them?

Do people normally give out OOT bags to guests for destination weddings? I have never been to a destination wedding before so I have no idea what to do...  :unsure:

When I go there I want to look for a place where I can order mini tequila bottles or bottles of vanilla as wedding favors. Any ideas where I can get those?

#22 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
    • 195 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I booked my room block with a TA. It's so
      much easier they handle everything.

Plus they give you perks with the amount of rooms booked etc.

I'm using destinationweddings.com so far so good.
      Beach Wedding Photo I'm curios too. I'd be interested in seeing reviews.
      Anyone get there dress? I got mine at a sample sale. Here it is. Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424823309.880576.jpg   293.51KB   14 downloads

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#23 airsusie

airsusie
      • 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

@SusanMarie813 beautiful!!!  i ordered my dress back in november and it's due to arrive any day.  it was originally a ball gown skirt, but i had it made to have a mermaid fit, so i have yet to see how it will look.  @Pixistick - am not using the resort photographer/videographer for the wedding day pix, but since they are part of the pkg, i asked if we could use them for the rehearsal dinner and teresa said okay.  i haven't been in contact w/ them yet.  

#24 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
        • 195 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

@airsusie who are you using for Photography if not them?  And DJ are you using one?

We are up to 40 guests as of today.

SusanMarie813 September 13, 2015

NE112015 November 27, 2015

Ok figured it out!  Below are all the documents I have so far for the resort that I gathered :)

Attached Files

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#25 airsusie

airsusie
          • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

@SusanMarie813  Our photographers are M&J Photography.  We were deciding between them and Elizabeth Medina.  We Skyped with and liked them both, but ultimately decided on M&J. Our videographer is Playa Weddings.  For music, probably going with a band, Balance La Banda, instead of a DJ. Just think it'll be more fun for us and the guests.  We looked at a bunch of videos for various bands and liked them best.  Teresa sent me a link for the house band and we weren't too impressed.  

#26 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
            • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

@airsusie I will check the photographer out. 

Map of the resort.

Attached Files

#27 NE112015

NE112015
              • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

@airsusie do you have their price list by any chance?

I thought the resort photographer's prices are a little high!

#28 airsusie

airsusie
                • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

@SusanMarie813 that map is great.  thanks.  @NE112015 i have it ... uploading file.  Attached File  2014-15 Prices.pdf   4.99MB   33 downloads

#29 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
                  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

@airsusie do you have your video pricing curious.

Did you guys see the photos on FB of the Sky Deck THAT IS THE SPOT!  I hope I can have the reception on the sky deck. :)

#30 amandapanda

amandapanda
                    • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

@SusanMarie813 i LOVE that dress. It looks amazing on you. I am getting married May 23rd 2015. 

Just a heads up to everyone else if you know where you want your reception go ahead and confirm with Teresa NOW! She told me a few times I could have the Sky bar during our discussions and then this week when I asked for pics so that I could decide she sent me pics of everywhere other than the Sky bar. When I asked for pics of the Sky bar specifically she said that it was already booked for another wedding. After a mini melt down she finally told me today that she was able to work it out to give me the Sky bar for the reception.  If you are looking for an outdoor area from what I have seen this is the best choice.  If you have the reception on the beach you have to rent a dance floor etc. Just wanted to make everyone else aware just in case you were setting your heart on the Sky bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users