486 replies to this topic

#271 robynm10

robynm10
  • 23 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 19, 2017
  • Wedding Location:The Finest, Playa Mujeres
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:27 AM

@emmycita who are you using for hair and makeup? and are they charging you an outside vendor fee for that or possibly a visitor fee? thanks!

#272 emmycita

emmycita
  • 8 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Finest Playa Mujeres
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

@robynm10 I'm using Styling Trio 

http://www.stylingtrio.com/

$150 USD Vendor fee (except for photog and decor which is $500 USD)

Edited by emmycita, 10 March 2016 - 11:35 AM.

Finest Playa Mujeres May 16th 2016!

#273 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

I read good things about the in house DJ so I will be using him. He has been very responsive and has a detailed form we can fill out so he will help us MC the wedding as well.

The Spa was definitely strict about their suite so I will opt to get ready in my room with my BMs/Family too - hopefully it isn't too far of a walk from the spa since everyone is getting their hair done.

@emmycita - What time are your events starting? Would you be willing to share what your photographer recommended? We are getting married at the Stone gazebo at 5:30 and plan to do formal pictures at around 3pm.

#274 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
    • 195 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

I used the spa for the day of makeup and hair. No issues and it fits 4 at a time because they only have 4 chairs to do them. Think ably getting your hair and make up in the room. You will not have any idea if it will get cleaned in time. You have zero control over this. As well as a groom room is not a definite and we didn't know till 6pm the night before if we had the extra room. After the spa we all went to my room to get dressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The house DJ was great we used him. No issues at all. We gave him a specific list of music we wanted to play

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#275 lizzjameson

lizzjameson
      • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

@mexiwedding I've been communicating with Yanin and she seems more responsive than Luzdary or any of the others.

I'm using the spa for hair but not my makeup even though it's included with the Gold Package cause I'm really particular about my makeup. For my hair I booked a trial run two days before the big day.

#276 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
        • 195 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:38 PM

I had Ludzary as my coordinator. No issues. It takes about a week for them to answer a response.

My friend used the in house photographer for engagement photos and they were really good. I flew my ow photographer for the pricing it paid to have him 3 days and do my photos.

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#277 lizzjameson

lizzjameson
          • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

@mexiwedding can you send me the in house dj's info. I never got a firm or anything from him and I haven't addressed that part at all yet other than actually booking him and confirming it with Yanin. Lol

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions @SusanMarie813 you've been sooooooo helpful!!!!

#278 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
            • 39 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

@lizzjameson Sure thing!! Their email address is: 

Sales Mannia <sales@manniacancun.com.mx>

Everyone has been super helpful and I am so worried I will forget something since wedding planning is SO not my thing....this thread has been such a huge help. I really appreciate everyone's fast responses and can't wait to hear how everyone's wedding turns out!!! 

#279 lizzjameson

lizzjameson
              • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457642444.274855.jpg   490.37KB   5 downloads

Yaaaaaay!!!!
                Bags are Done!!! Filling them with goodies now!!!
                - personalized sunblock and Chapstick
                -portable power with a sticker on it that says "our love is powerful but you'll need some extra juice to keep you charged all weekend"
                Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457642598.886747.jpg   166.14KB   4 downloads
                - an "oh shyt hangover kit" with travel Advil, tums, rehydrate pack, eye drops, mints, etc
                -fun sunglasses
                - a personal lil handwritten thank you note
                -a sssssshhhhh personalized door hanger printed from vista print

@SusanMarie813
                So happy to hear the in house photographer was good! We're just going with them with what comes with our gold package and if we need to for some reason we can stage extra photos when we get back
                Lol

#280 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
                • 195 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

We used what came with the gold package for trash the dress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users