Hi everyone!

I'm glad I found this board! I am starting my wedding planning process at the finest resort and I have been in contact with Laura. She's been pretty responsive so far. I now am at the point that I need to book our room to secure the date and time for the wedding. How are you guys handling the reserving a block of rooms for your guests. Should I contact the resort directly or go through a travel agent? My only issue is that I don't have or know of a good travel agent to work with...

Excited to hear more about everyone's wedding planning progress

When we go in March, I'm getting a hair and makeup trial to see how it goes, but yes, am planning on doing it all there.  If I don't like it, I'm not sure what I will do!  If you're going a few days before your wedding, maybe you can get a trial too just to put yourself at ease.  

I e mailed w/ Teresa maybe last month and she said she didn't have pix of the venues yet since the resort wasn't open. I bet if you follow up with her, she can send them now.  I will take some in March and post them here.  I'm not sure what I had in mind for the rehearsal dinner, but we are thinking we will have fire dancers as part of the rehearsal dinner, so I assume it'll have to be a venue that is close to the beach.  We also want to do the ceremony on the beach, but not sure about the reception.  We have tentatively hired/decided on a band (still need to sign the contract), so whatever place can accommodate them.  

What are you doing for OOT bags?  

Someone else was asking about the group room block.  I'm sure you can do it directly w/ the hotel, but I went w/ Wendy with Wright Travel and she's been great so far.  

@@airsusie I am getting married May 23rd, right before you! I am not doing a site visit so I am very very nervous. Any help and insight you can provide when you visit in March would be amazing!!

So I know with the package I am getting hair and make up is included but I am just not sure how high quality it will be. Are you all getting the hair and make up there?

Also, I have sent (several) emails to Teresa asking for pics of locations for reception and welcome/rehearsal dinner and she still hasnt responded so any pics and thoughts on these locations when you visit would be a savior. I am glad to hear that she has been more responsive with you girls so hopefully she has just been busy lately.

What do you guys have planned so far? What are your thoughts for the rehersal dinner and reception? I know that for the ceremony i want to have it on the beach (decorations no idea yet).  For the welcome dinner I was thinking something beached themed with the bonfire and trio band perhaps.

I invited 85 ppl and I have 40 guests book so far and will most likely have 45-50. I know what I want in my OOT bags (haha for the most part anyways). I need help and inspiration for the remainder of the wedding!

I do have my photographer booked. I tried to booked the DJ with Teresa through the resort but she said I need to book the lighting when booking the DJ. ahh! So bad at planning events that's why I wanted destination however there is more involved than I was anticipating. Bouncing ideas off you girls would be so awesome!

Hi everyone!

I'm glad I found this board! I am starting my wedding planning process at the finest resort and I have been in contact with Laura. She's been pretty responsive so far. I now am at the point that I need to book our room to secure the date and time for the wedding. How are you guys handling the reserving a block of rooms for your guests. Should I contact the resort directly or go through a travel agent? My only issue is that I don't have or know of a good travel agent to work with...

Excited to hear more about everyone's wedding planning progress

I went through a travel agent.

I am working with Theresa I emailed her asking for the venue photos etc.  Nothing as of yet.

My room is booked I have a Finest Club Swim out Suite.  I am using Destination Weddings as my TA and she did my reservations and room block.  

For our "welcome" thing calling it thing cause I don't know what to call it.  I think I am going to do it as a bon fire on the beach.  I was going to do it as a goodbye party but since most of my guests are leaving all sort of different days I decided to just do it as the welcome party.  We aren't doing a reheresal.

Farewell Party I am just planning on doing something with whoever is left at a resturant.  Figured we will all go at the same time and wait to be seated.  And see what happens.  

Our wedding is not till September so that is all I really know.  Ceremony on the beach is about all I know.  Once I see the options for Cocktail and Reception I will decide.  We know we can't be by water I have a son who LOVES the water and will be terrified that he will run into the pool or water.  So waiting to see the options.

The one good thing is I got my dress at a sample sale this weekend.  I didnt want to spend a ton of money on a dress, because I want to trash the dress and would feel so guilty.  I got an amazing deal on a $1500 dress!!!  I paid $500 and it was my size.  Minor alterations will need to be done, and the cleaning of the dress.  Not bad. Best deal so far.

Now just waiting for people to book there rooms, we did this super early so hopefully it helps... our TA lets people pay off the trip and do not have to pay in full at time of booking so we were hoping that helps people book.  

I will share anything I hear from the hotel :)

• Like 2

@@airsusie  I need a favor if you can get a copy of the spa and pricing for the actual spa (massages) and also pricing for hair and make-up.  My hairstylist is actually a friend and is coming to the wedding.  He wants to offer his services to the ladies coming.  I told him I would find out how much they cost at the resort so he can not go above that.    If you can get hold of that it would be awesome.

27 guests booked as of today!

hi @@SusanMarie813 the spa pricing is actually on their website ... i don't think it includes the breakdown in hair and makeup prices (they just gave me a total price for our massage, makeup, hair), but you can e mail them at onespa@finestresorts.com  they were pretty responsive when i was booking for our trip in march.  congrats on getting your dress!  such great news!  

For the OOT bags this is what I have decided on so far... canvas beach bags printed with the word Mexico on them. Inside will be tumbler cups, and Ohh $hit kit (tums, sunscreen, ip profen, band aids, imodium), deck of cards,  itinerary. Debating on what else?

Edited by amandapanda

@@amandapanda that's exactly what I am thinking to do too. I also concidered to add customize beach towels in the OOT bags. It can add up quickly though. I'll have to see how creative I can get with my budget.

My fiancé and I booked our room and stay for the week of our wedding last night. I'm getting even more excited about getting married there!

Hi ladies, The spa got back to me at least with the spa pricing and packages.  I am waiting to hear the salon for pricing I will post that as I get it.  I wanted to post the PDFS on here but I can not figure out how to post a document.  EEK.

So what is everyone's wedding dates we can keep a list :)

Respond here and I wil having a running list for all of us.  I have a feeling we will start getting more brides joining us!

SusanMarie813 September 13, 2015

I'm getting married November 27th.

As far as decorations, I'm just going to get Tiffany chairs and chargers from the resort. I think the beach scenery will be pretty for the wedding and reception. I will get small table numbers from here in US to add a personal touch.

Is anyone looking into hiring the photographer and or the dance band the resort offers? Do you have any details or reviews in how they are?