Congrats @@SusanMarie813 ! We are getting married there on May 30, 2015 and are expecting around 60 guests. We're doing a planning visit in late March and meeting with Teresa to decide on packages, flowers, do tastings, look at the venues, talk about rehearsal dinner spots, etc. I am thinking I may do a hair/makeup trial then as well. Have you made any decisions about this stuff?

Hi @@airsusie so excited to see someone else join!  I am signing my contract this week.  I wanted to have it ready for Feb 1 for the group block.  I am using Destination Weddings as my travel agent.  

No decisions yet.  Once I know how many people will be coming then I can see what we will do.  The only decision I have to make is what room choice.  We think we are going with the swimup walk out.  

Going to sign for the silver package but pretty sure we will upgrade to Gold

And we are going to do a bonfire for sure.

I have been to beloved it almost chose them, but they did not do a Sunday wedding.  We needed the Sunday for the holiday days off.  Teacher friends here in NY have off. 

I would love to hear all about what you see, venue spots inside/outside etc.  I can not have it by the ocean nor a pool I have a little one.

@@SusanMarie813 So excited for you!  You are talking about signing a contract for the room block, right?  We haven't signed anything with the resort -- got a confirmation letter from them saying our date was reserved.  We also did a group block contract, but through Wright Travel.  Approx. how many people are you expecting?  We are expecting around 60 people.  I will let you know how it goes in March.  Let me know if you want me to check anything out specifically.  I have a long list of things to go over that I sent to Teresa (venue spot, flowers, decorations, group excursion, etc).  She has been great so far.  I am pretty sure we will be getting married on the beach, but will take a look at the other options obviously.  Our biggest stress right now is music.  We have been looking into getting a band -- I wasn't crazy about the Youtube clip that Teresa sent me for the house band.  We are talking to someone else on Saturday and keeping our fingers crossed   

@@airsusie

We signed the contract for the room block I am using destinationweddings.com.  So far so good.

We inviting about 200 people.. I am budgeting for 60 people as well.  We will see once the invite goes out this week.  We are sending out our booking "save the booking" for the block of rooms ASAP.  This way I can get an idea on how many people and people have time to pay it off.  Our final balance for the room block is due July 10th.  

When it gets closer to your visit I would be truly interested in the reception and cocktail options.  We will get married on the beach (weather premitting) but our reception I want indoor/outdoor not near a pool.  I have a little one and need to be really concerned about him running into the water... Its something I have nightmares about.  One of the big reasons I did not go with Sensatori.  

:)

• 2 weeks later...

@@SusanMarie813 yes, definitely will do and will try to take pix too! i just finished addressing all our formal invitations and sending them out tomorrow. our first deadline for hotel payment was actually due a couple of days ago and i think we're still on track for about 60, maybe closer to 70 actually. i think people are keen on having a vacation with this crazy cold weather on the east coast!

@@airsusie I am getting married May 23rd, right before you! I am not doing a site visit so I am very very nervous. Any help and insight you can provide when you visit in March would be amazing!!

So I know with the package I am getting hair and make up is included but I am just not sure how high quality it will be. Are you all getting the hair and make up there?

Also, I have sent (several) emails to Teresa asking for pics of locations for reception and welcome/rehearsal dinner and she still hasnt responded so any pics and thoughts on these locations when you visit would be a savior. I am glad to hear that she has been more responsive with you girls so hopefully she has just been busy lately.

What do you guys have planned so far? What are your thoughts for the rehersal dinner and reception? I know that for the ceremony i want to have it on the beach (decorations no idea yet).  For the welcome dinner I was thinking something beached themed with the bonfire and trio band perhaps.

I invited 85 ppl and I have 40 guests book so far and will most likely have 45-50. I know what I want in my OOT bags (haha for the most part anyways). I need help and inspiration for the remainder of the wedding!

I do have my photographer booked. I tried to booked the DJ with Teresa through the resort but she said I need to book the lighting when booking the DJ. ahh! So bad at planning events that's why I wanted destination however there is more involved than I was anticipating. Bouncing ideas off you girls would be so awesome!

Edited by amandapanda