@@nyarcher1215 thanks!!! Congrats on your recent wedding.

I just reached out to Victor again. I am hoping the fee will drop down to $150. Thanks for note about the private room at Le Petit Plaisir. We will definitely look in to that when we get there. There's definitely less than 20 people the first few days we are there.

Did you have to pay extra for them to set up the decor you brought? Also, did you happen to have a photobooth or cigar bar setup at your wedding? Trying decide if we want to add that to the wedding bag or set up a cigar bar either during the cocktail hour or reception.

@@mcjfam3 We didn't have to pay extra for the resort to set up our decor. I just had mock set up done in my house before so I sent our WC the photos and directions on how I wanted it done. They took everything when we met for our run through of paperwork and payment on site and brought everything back to us two days after our wedding since we got married on a Saturday and our WC was off on Sunday. 

We didn't do a photo booth or a cigar bar. We are an older crowd and neither of the two appealed to our group so we did without it. We went pretty simple since the Grand Palapa area is beautiful and didn't really need anything else. In my opinion, the cocktail hour goes by very quickly. We had the Gold Package so we had the Mexican Trio playing which was really nice. 

I just got my pictures back and figured I would share the link in case anyone is interested. We used a different photographer (found through our wedding coordinator). They were much cheaper than what The Finest was offering and made a really nice video for us (I like it even more than the pictures). 

Here is the link to their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/Amorcito-Corazon-Studio-309871612427020/

The name is Amorcito-Corazon Studio and it is a young couple with a few other people. They are very professional and you can tell they love what they do so I just wanted to recommend them for anyone looking!

Here is the link to our pictures:

https://amorcitocorazonstudio.smugmug.com/Lovestories/Gari-Randi/

Here is the video they made:

https://vimeo.com/191331202

Good luck Ladies! I am so sad looking at the videos and pictures, make sure you take in every second!

I agree with using an outside photographer and videographer. We used Samuel Luna Photography and the cost for him, a photo assistant and video team was much less than what the in house cost and they offered more. We haven't gotten our photos or video yet but I'd say there are plenty of outside photo/video people who will charge you much less. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just heard from my outside coordinator that Victor that replaced Viviana is now gone, too. Apparently being replaced by a new coordinator also named Victor. Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks!

Ugh...that's so annoying. The last time I communicated with Victor was a few weeks ago. Luckily I have the email with him stating the outside vendor fee for makeup vendor is $150.

@@robynm10 how's your wedding plans going? I am trying to decide if I should hire a dj or not. Are you planning to get a dj?

• 1 month later...

Just a couple questions for past brides!

We decided to choose the buffet option bc we wanted it to be more social. Did anyone choose the Carribbean Buffet (not bbq one) for their reception? Any feedback?

Also, what were your favorite passed apps?

Lastly, we are doing a Welcome Party with pass apps at the Sky Bar. I'm not going to bring in any decoration for it. Has anyone had a welcome party up there? Suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

I just had my wedding there in January and it was fabulous! For those of you asking about the Victor's.......yes there are 2 Victors, when I was there I met with Victor #1 and he introduced me to Victor #2 and Victor #2 took over for the rest of the planning. They didn't say that Victor1 was being replaced by Victor2, but I could see that being true since Victor2 took over on my wedding day.

He is a sweet guy! 

• 7 months later...