@@Maurindy2016 I feel like I am very close to done. A huge bummer is not having heard from Yanin in 3 weeks now since I have open questions!

Out of my 95 guests - 6 need either vegetarian or gluten free meals. I have already printed out our seating cards since I never heard back from Yanin on how I would indicate which guest needed a special meal. Does anyone know how it is done?? I am hoping Yanin can give us a sticker to put on their seating card or something?

I did programs using vista print and welcome bags. I included personalized sunglasses, hangover kit (bandaids, tylenol, tums), aloe vera, mexican candy, wedding schedule, mini beach balls

Has anyone used their makeup services? I am so nervous that they won't know how to do asian makeup - sometimes i end up looking like a clown :( I set up a trial so fingers crossed! I have been having flashback issues with my current foundation so need to find one that doesn't make me look like a ghost when flash is used.

@@Maurindy2016 I feel like I am very close to done. A huge bummer is not having heard from Yanin in 3 weeks now since I have open questions!

Out of my 95 guests - 6 need either vegetarian or gluten free meals. I have already printed out our seating cards since I never heard back from Yanin on how I would indicate which guest needed a special meal. Does anyone know how it is done?? I am hoping Yanin can give us a sticker to put on their seating card or something?

I did programs using vista print and welcome bags. I included personalized sunglasses, hangover kit (bandaids, tylenol, tums), aloe vera, mexican candy, wedding schedule, mini beach balls

Has anyone used their makeup services? I am so nervous that they won't know how to do asian makeup - sometimes i end up looking like a clown :( I set up a trial so fingers crossed! I have been having flashback issues with my current foundation so need to find one that doesn't make me look like a ghost when flash is used.

@@mexiwedding my daughter and I both used their hair and make services. They did a wonderful job. Just be sure you have a picture of both to go from because they speak very little English!f2512452569ae00b0b22d2f76cb52902.jpg8feffc5b7887f79c44b0d0b75bac9aa9.jpg52ec01a16d5d18648e37323cd41814bf.jpgd9146a9a593accde12fce02546fc9926.jpg11c9f0f2cbd7dd72b942a8f9312bc53b.jpge169e0c1d3d9b5db25b1bef083c414b9.jpg1f3cda7b49858525839c862d758a55f8.jpgd24ba37e0d3979037e9733f32c15ebd9.jpg

• Like 1

@@robynm10 Thank you so much for these photos!!! This totally helps me figure out what I need to do for my reception. I was planning on having my tables under the palapa and wasn't sure where to put the lounge and if I needed a dance floor. Who's your WC? Mine (Yanin) definitely did not send me this. I haven't heard from her in weeks either. Frustrating. I'm getting more information from the brides on this site that I am from the on site WC! 

@mexiwedding:

I hear you!!!! I am also  very fearful not getting my makeup right also :(.

So sorry you have not heard from Yanin in 3 weeks...that is a hell of a long time!!!!!  I have an email from her about how to do the place cards to indicate meals:

She suggested using some sort of color scheme to indicate what meal everyone is getting.  For mine, I am going to do it color coded backings, also I have typed out entrée choice on their name card along with the table number.   Hope that helps, if not, I can forward you an email with a sample she sent.

What information did you include on your program?  Did you include the officiant name???  I dont have the name.

Great ideas on the welcome bags..I like the mini beach ball idea.  I am trying to find cool things ppl would want, but yet not be too costly or too big to transport.

What did you do about seating chart?  We are doing 2 Long rows of rectangular tables, and I having trouble getting a real/finalized lay out so I can assign table numbers.  Hope its as nice as I envision.

Goodluck! and thanks for your feedback!

@@mexiwedding I'm in the same boat about makeup. I'm afraid they won't know how to do Asian makeup and I'll look like a clown too! 

@@lizzjameson Thanks for the tip about bringing photos. I definitely have an idea about what I want my hair to look like but the makeup I was going to defer to them since I don't really wear it on a daily basis. Now I have to scour the internet for a makeup look I want so they don't clown me up.  

@@Maurindy2016 Thanks for the info!!! Sadly we already made our seating cards all in the same color but maybe i can buy stickers. She told us we could only make one entree option for our guests but that we could have vegetarian/gluten/pescatarian. Do you know what the specialty meals include?

If it isn't too much trouble can you please send me her email about seating cards? kim.angel.le@@gmail.com :)

For my program I included Officiant, reader, wedding party, schedule, a note honoring our deceased family members, and a brief thank you message. I can upload a photo once they arrive if that helps! My aunt is officiating for us but I think it is ok for you to leave your officiant out if you are using the resorts?

For the ballroom seating layout we drew up a mockup and sent it to her but have not heard anything back! We need 10 tables so we are doing 5 round table and 5 long rectangle tables and just alternating between each throughout the ballroom. I like your idea of making really long rectangle tables though - how many people are you fitting at these? Yanin is letting me squeeze 11 people at one of my rectangle ones but the rest only have 10 at each.

@@lizzjameson your makeup looks amazing! i love the eyeliner too! good idea about pictures....now I need to scour for some too LOL good tip abouot the english. my fiance's mom is bolivian so maybe I will ask her to accompany me to help communicate? or is that overkill bridezilla-ish??

• Like 2

@@mexiwedding I just contacted my friend to tell her fiance I'm using him as a translator during the hair and make up :-) (he speaks fluent Spanish). 

I was planning on foregoing the seat cards and just have different picture frames with each table number and its guests in each one. I figured this would save me some money and people can take the frame home with them if they want. 

@@nyarcher1215 My WC is Vivianna. She usually replies to my emails within 3-4 days. It is definitely slower around the weekends, when I am guessing they have weddings. I was thinking the same for the layout. Cocktail hour and lounge on the outside of the Palapa, and dinner tables on the inside. I am torn as to where to put the band and the dance floor though! Vivianna did say she was having a wedding there at the end of May that was having a similar amount of people as us and a band. She was going to take pictures of their set up and send them along. I will be sure to post!

@@mexiwedding I just contacted my friend to tell her fiance I'm using him as a translator during the hair and make up :-) (he speaks fluent Spanish).

I was planning on foregoing the seat cards and just have different picture frames with each table number and its guests in each one. I figured this would save me some money and people can take the frame home with them if they want. [/quote

The person I had I showed her photo. I told her light makeup and done. She spoke enough English to understand. They did 3 people's hair.

Hi!

For those of you wondering about asian makeup at the Spa, I suggest you getting a trial done to see how it goes, also have a backup plan for if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to.

I got married in January and got a trial makeup done at the spa and it looked awful, they are not familiar with putting makeup on monolids, I ended up with one eye significantly larger than the other. So I ended up having to do my own makeup, luckily I found a good youtube video for that, I don't usually wear makeup so it took a lot of practice. 

They do a really good job on hair so no need to stress about that.  :)

• Like 1