I did wood tables and the Tiffany chairs. I also brought my own burlap runners.

If your using sky bar you don't need any extra lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photos I posted in previous post

We are using our local travel agent, and depending on how many people go we may get a discount but I'm not counting on it. Our Wedding is May 25, We are staying Sunday to Sunday Finest Club ocean front, $4000 for our flight, hotel transfer, and stay. Flying from Texas..... My mom and dad are staying Sun- Thurs and they are paying $2200, with the cheapest room possible. The prices include flight, transfer and hotel.

Its pretty expensive compared to the $700pp week we stay in Cancun while I was in college :P

It is pricy but I can tell you after our guest experienced it they realized you get what you pay for. They felt 5 star all the way.

I recommend the finest swim up room. If you are doing a finest club room. Well worth it.

Hi Ladies!!

I am looking at the Finest for my 2016 wedding. I have looked at SO many hotels, I am slowly going crazy. I love the Finest but the price for my guests seems a little high. The travel agents are telling me it is because this is a 5 star luxury hotel and more on the expensive side. I am even looking into the off-season (I had not idea July was a high season since it is hot in NY as well).

Did any of your guests complain or were upset by the price? Did you feel it was worth the extra cash?

Any input would be SO greatly appreciated.

I am also looking at Paradisus and Azul Sensatori. But the Finest is my favorite!

Thanks again!

People thought it was high but once they stayed they realized why. It was worth every penny they said. I agreed as well.

@@SusanMarie813 - Absolutely beautiful photos!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Our wedding is around the corner...we leave in three weeks!

Enjoy every minute of it. You will have a GREAT time.

So happy I found this forum. We just locked in our date for November 11, 2016. I've heard and read nothing but great reviews about The Finest. Some questions I did have:

Can we extend our reception time past 11? No 11 is the dead stop. Only inside club is open till 1. They are very strict with timing. It's because sound carries.

Is there a lot of seaweed on the beach? No they do well taking it off. There are good days and bad and nothing can tell what the weather will be.

Do they serve top shelf liquor?

Yes they do.

@@Maurindy2016 My wedding is June 2016 as well! I am having trouble understanding the expense worksheet that Luzdary sent though. I am not exactly sure what to fill out.

Does anyone know if "Tiffany chairs" are "Chevari Chairs"?

Regarding group rates, we originally reached out to Destination Weddings but the group rate was higher and I didn't like the rule that our guests would have to book within 30 days or else me and my Fiance are stuck paying for the down payments on all of our reserved rooms. We are going to go directly through the hotel for group rates because they are cheaper than the numbers from DW. If anyone knows of a better route to ensure our guests good group rates, please let me know :)

Did anyone do a Bonfire? If so, was it worth it?

Did anyone do a mayan show or fire show for their guests?

What is a good restaurant to do the rehearsal dinner at?

Edited by mexiwedding

@@Maurindy2016 My wedding is June 2016 as well! I am having trouble understanding the expense worksheet that Luzdary sent though. I am not exactly sure what to fill out.

Does anyone know if "Tiffany chairs" are "Chevari Chairs"?

Regarding group rates, we originally reached out to Destination Weddings but the group rate was higher and I didn't like the rule that our guests would have to book within 30 days or else me and my Fiance are stuck paying for the down payments on all of our reserved rooms. We are going to go directly through the hotel for group rates because they are cheaper than the numbers from DW. If anyone knows of a better route to ensure our guests good group rates, please let me know :)

Did anyone do a Bonfire? If so, was it worth it?

Did anyone do a mayan show or fire show for their guests?

What is a good restaurant to do the rehearsal dinner at?

The Tiffany chairs I used are in one of the photos I posted with the tables.

Didn't do a bonfire or the show. Instead I did a welcome party at las dunnas

Rehearsal we did at Brass.

The sheet starts to get filled out as you get closer and know your head count.

As for DW the rate maybe less with finest directly but remember your getting a service you do g have to do anything she handles all the Travel Arrangements. Plus transfers and insurance which I highly recommend. My MIL slipped and fell and now needs major knee surgery. All covered under the insurance. Bad weather lost luggage etc. we even saw the Dr there for our son. Covered. It's worth it sometimes. JMO.

I'm using DW as well @@Maurindy2016 the rates should only be slightly higher than the finest site and when finest lowered their rates online a month or so ago my DW consultant made them renegotiate our contract and everyone's rates drop and some were refunded as much as $400. I just liked not having to deal with everyone's questions and how high maint some can be not to mention most of my party loved the payment plan option.

I'm using DW as well @@Maurindy2016 the rates should only be slightly higher than the finest site and when finest lowered their rates online a month or so ago my DW consultant made them renegotiate our contract and everyone's rates drop and some were refunded as much as $400. I just liked not having to deal with everyone's questions and how high maint some can be not to mention most of my party loved the payment plan option.

Agreed this will happen. I asked at that time and my rate was lower because I got introductory rate.

As well you don't want to add planning people's trips on top of everything else.

My DW agent was great. If anyone wants her info. She will go the extra mile. And help you as much as she can.

How did you like the live band?  Did they play recent song on pop charts?  And do they DJ? 

Our one requirement for the wedding is that we wanted a good live band instead of a DJ. Totally glad we spent the money on it. We and our guests LOVED Balance La Banda and the dance floor was packed all night long. We got tons of comments afterward about how much fun the dancing and band were. We weren't sure how good they would be from the youtube clips and were worried it might be cheesy, but those clips do not do them justice. They did play a lot of stuff from pop charts - Bruno Mars, Rhianna, Maroon Five, but fun songs from the 70s and 80s too (Journey, disco stuff, rock songs). They were supposed to take breaks between sets, but just kept going because we the fire dancers ran a little long. They will DJ as well (they picked the best dinner music - jazz covers of pop music - several guests asked us about the music) and did all our MC-ing too - we gave them a schedule (i.e. introducing the first dance and father daughter dance and toasts as well). We skyped and did a lot of whats app-ing with them beforehand. So great to work with. HOpe this helps!

Here's a clip they have on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozILlP2DTic 

• Like 1

@@airsusie

How were the fire dancers? Do you have any pics or video?? I'm considering that for my reception on April. What are your thoughts?

@@lizzjameson loved the fire dancers. we actually saw them when we did our planning visit and decided to have them. u should just check w/ your wedding coordinator that the finest won't be doing a show with them around the same time that your guests are there which is what we made sure of. otherwise, it won't be as "special" ... attached a few pix. tried to upload some better pix, but the files aren't uploading. i think they are too large. 

post-280976-0-56398700-1443912921_thumb.jpg

post-280976-0-46995100-1443913137_thumb.jpg

post-280976-0-08954700-1443913155_thumb.jpg

• Like 1