@@Tsampson

I can't remember what the bouquet number was and I don't have the catalogue anymore. I believe both mine and the bridesmaid were under the BB category. I told Viviana that I wanted the bridesmaids to have all white flowers, preferably roses and hydrangeas, and I wanted mine to have some pinks with white. So it wasn't an exact bouquet from the catalogue, I kind of made my own.

Since we used to resort photographer, he was only supposed to shoot the ceremony; however he offered his time before and after the ceremony. He spent about an hour and a half shooting us and the groomsmen getting ready, and probably about a half hour after getting shots on the beach. I think this was plenty of time. I remember being sick of smiling and just wanting to go enjoy ourselves at cocktail hour.

Our hor d'oeurves selections were:

Hot Hors d'oeuvres
1. Mini fish tacos with guacamole and Mexican salsa
2. Baked stuffed polenta with spinach and roasted tomato
3. Mushroom filled with Italian sausage and basil, gratinated with mozzarella
4. Chicken jalapeno quesadilla with Mexican salsa
Cold Hors d'oeurves:
1. Brie canapé with marinated roasted balsamic apple
2. Curried chicken salad on cucumber boat
3. Brochette of cherry tomato and buffalo mozzarella with pesto dip
4. Tortilla pinwheel with red pepper cream cheese and cilantro

From what I can remember, they were all delicious, I missed the first round due to pictures, but I think everyone's favorite was the stuffed mushrooms. I personally loved the Brie canape. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the food at this resort, everything is so good!

I chose chocolate cake w/ buttercream frosting for the cake, and again it was good. The flowers did start to melt off not long after they brought the cake out, so try to get to your cake cutting and pictures as soon as they bring it out! :)
  • Like 1

@@SusanMarie813  Our photographers are M&J Photography.  We were deciding between them and Elizabeth Medina.  We Skyped with and liked them both, but ultimately decided on M&J. Our videographer is Playa Weddings.  For music, probably going with a band, Balance La Banda, instead of a DJ. Just think it'll be more fun for us and the guests.  We looked at a bunch of videos for various bands and liked them best.  Teresa sent me a link for the house band and we weren't too impressed.  

How did you like the live band?  Did they play recent song on pop charts?  And do they DJ? 

So happy I found this forum. We just locked in our date for November 11, 2016. I've heard and read nothing but great reviews about The Finest. Some questions I did have:

Can we extend our reception time past 11?

Is there a lot of seaweed on the beach?

Do they serve top shelf liquor?

Hi Ladies!!

I am looking at the Finest for my 2016 wedding. I have looked at SO many hotels, I am slowly going crazy. I love the Finest but the price for my guests seems a little high. The travel agents are telling me it is because this is a 5 star luxury hotel and more on the expensive side. I am even looking into the off-season (I had not idea July was a high season since it is hot in NY as well). 

Did any of your guests complain or were upset by the price? Did you feel it was worth the extra cash? 

Any input would be SO greatly appreciated.

I am also looking at Paradisus and Azul Sensatori. But the Finest is my favorite!

Thanks again!

I recently switched to Finest. I was tired of looking into resorts and finally picked one (now Sapphire) and after I booked it I felt a huge lift of my shoulders. Then I started looking again. (We went to a wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun and it was AMAZING, we just wanted to get married at a different resort) So I found Now Sapphire because they are also owned by AM Resorts so I thought it was comparable. Well.... after looking more into Now I didn't feel as great. It was cheaper but it wasn't as new or nice as Dreams or Finests.. The FI and I discussed the difference in price at Finest and Now, We decided it is worth it.

Since we are staying here for our honeymoon as well we decided to do what we wanted. Ours ended up being $500 more, but my mothers only $100 per person. So I def think it was worth it!

I know there are cheaper resorts in Mexicao but I think its my wedding and Id like a nice resort, even if it does cost everyone a little bit more. :) I have to keep telling myself not to worry about it.

I recently switched to Finest. I was tired of looking into resorts and finally picked one (now Sapphire) and after I booked it I felt a huge lift of my shoulders. Then I started looking again. (We went to a wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun and it was AMAZING, we just wanted to get married at a different resort) So I found Now Sapphire because they are also owned by AM Resorts so I thought it was comparable. Well.... after looking more into Now I didn't feel as great. It was cheaper but it wasn't as new or nice as Dreams or Finests.. The FI and I discussed the difference in price at Finest and Now, We decided it is worth it.

Since we are staying here for our honeymoon as well we decided to do what we wanted. Ours ended up being $500 more, but my mothers only $100 per person. So I def think it was worth it!

I know there are cheaper resorts in Mexicao but I think its my wedding and Id like a nice resort, even if it does cost everyone a little bit more. :) I have to keep telling myself not to worry about it.

Thanks! so much. I just got two agreement for two different dates - July and April. and The agreement says that July is low season meanwhile the prices are higher! I am a little frustrated and do not understand it really. 

Is anyone else using Destination Weddings for their group rate? I know they are including transport to and from the hotel, but this just seems like the price keeps getting higher and higher. 

We are using our local travel agent, and depending on how many people go we may get a discount but I'm not counting on it.  Our Wedding is May 25, We are staying Sunday to Sunday Finest Club ocean front, $4000 for our flight, hotel transfer, and stay. Flying from Texas..... My mom and dad are staying Sun- Thurs and they are paying $2200, with the cheapest room possible. The prices include flight, transfer and hotel.

Its pretty expensive compared to the $700pp week we stay in Cancun while I was in college :P

hi ladies!  Getting married June 2016!  I greatly appreciate everyone's feed back, posts, reviews, and pictures!  So THANK YOU!

I am getting the gold package, the price for the package seemed reasonable.  My question is, I was looking at the decor pricing PDF, and it seems like if we want our wedding to look nice, we pretty much have to pay for seating, drapes, lighting.  The package doesn't provide any of that at all? 

Saw someone pictures online of these big ugly chairs covered all in white, with white table cloth.  Not my style.  Did anyone purchase any extras?  Pictures to share?