#1 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Hi All:

Our Karisma wedding package includes a free Catamaran cruise for up to 40 people & food and beverage credit to use towards refreshments during the cruise.  Has anyone else done this?  If so, I would love to hear your thoughts/feedback regarding:

• Menu - which one did you choose for food and alcohol?

• Cruise itself - apparently, snorkeling happens first then snacks? What did you and your guests think of the cruise in general

• Reception on Pier Post-Cruise - our agent mentioned something about them setting up a reception of sorts on the beach or pier so the party continues post-cruise until the shuttle returns to pick us up? If anyone has pictures or details on this and what the set up is like, please share!!!

• Any helpful tips/watch-outs

Thanks very much for any insights/help you can share! :)

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#2 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

how did you get this? I feel ripped off now  :huh:

If it's anything like the events they put together i'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Sorry I can't be of more help. It sound like it would be tons of fun though :)

event.png

#3 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

@TinkerSofi - this was an offer/promo they were running around the early part of last year for new weddings booked at a Generations or El Dorado resort.  Since we booked at Generations RIviera Maya we qualified.

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

#4 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

ahh, makes sense. It will be tons of fun i'm sure. Hopefully anther bride has some first hand experience with one of these trips :).

Perhaps I'd take something for the motion sickness before I go. My friend and I got pretty sick when we went on a catamaran cruise. Mind you, it wasn't a great tour to begin with, but just something to keep in mind ;)

event.png

#5 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

That's a GREAT tip and something not a lot of people think of if it's a smaller boat. We did a "sunset cruise" in Jamaica when we got married and the water was rough. Everyone was fine at the beginning - drinking and dancing to music. The next thing we knew 3 people were heaving over the side! (gross!!) lol  I'm totally terrible with boats so I had taken something earlier in the day to make sure I was ok and stayed away from food and booze. I've learned my lesson the hard way!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#6 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

@TinkerSofi & @acw271011 - thanks for the feedback, especially re motion sickness tablets.  I suffer badly from motion sickness so I ordered packets of Dramamine to put in everyone's welcome bag.  Based on you ladies' feedback, I am thinking this is a good call and may be used by others.

Hopefully the water won't be too choppy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users