Execellence Riviera Cancun Brides Post Pics Of Your Decor Inspiration

hi everyone, I'm getting married in erc on june 27th 2015 and i have so many vision of how i want my decor to be and look, but I'm so overwhemed....it would be awesome if everyone could share their inspiration or if you already got married share pics of your decor! thank you all 

this is my inspiration decor post-281659-0-04138300-1421106957_thumb.jpgpost-281659-0-46587000-1421106947_thumb.jpgpost-281659-0-88294000-1421106932.txtpost-281659-0-83424300-1421106920_thumb.jpgpost-281659-0-04138300-1421106957_thumb.jpg

@@Giocivs88 I'm getting married at excellence Playa Mujeres.( just north of Riveria Cancun).

Have you looked at the flowers and center pieces from the resort? I was sent PDF catalogs when I contacted the wedding department. I would start here. Your inspiration photos are beautiful, but check if they can get those flowers during your wedding month. They dont have every flower every month. Plus, some colors of flowers are more expensive. Also consider the charge for outside vendors.

You could probably bring all of the supplies for the second from the bottom photo. But glass vases can get heavy in suitcases.

I'm not planning on bringing many decorations. My package (Love) has a center piece included. I may bring a few things but I dont want to have to bring tons of stuff with me. I may do pretty flower center pieces for my at home reception.

I was overwhelmed thinking about what to do too. One think I've heard many times is not to try to recreate images from Pinterest ! They are not DIY, they are done by professionals with unlimited budgets. This goes for finding dresses on the site too. I have a friend who fell in love with a dress on Pinterest, when she went to get it, it was discontinued.

Hope this was helpful!

• Like 1

@@Surfingsara thank you, yes it was very helpful....when i posted this i had no idea they were to send me pdf of all the centerpieces and bouquets ... and they're just as pretty...

i have a question, does the package come with any decorations? or do we need to pay for everything separate like napkins, linens, chairs, tables etc? 

@@Giocivs88, I'm not exactly positive about linens. I know they did tell me that for a beach ceremony, the love package included chairs with white chair covers. I specifically asked about this because one of the pictures I was sent from the resort didn't have chairs in the photo. Ill try and find you the photo they sent me. I have it saved on my computer, and I'm writing this from my tablet right now. ( it may be a few days as I have a bunch going on right now, but I will get it to you.) As for the reception, I'm not positive of what's included, I didnt ask any specific questions about. From what I have gathered from the website, this site and the pdf's from the resort, the reception is usually at one of the restraunts, so I assume they have tables and chairs. Also, every photo I've seen has white table cloths, so I assume this is included. If you are interested in chair sashes or colored table cloths I think its extra or you can bring your own. I saw a photo posted on the excellence playa Mujeres page here that showed some of the terraces available for a reception. I'll try to find this for you too. I know your at erc, but the two resorts are similar when it comes to wedding stuff. Also you may want to post this question to TripAdvisor. I found a lot of information there. Plus I had many people respond to my questions. I even found a few people who visit excellence playa Mujeres multiple times a year and they checked on something for me, as I won't get to visit the resort before my wedding.

I know from this site, people talk about bringing decorations. ( for all different resorts) Im still trying to figure out what, if anything I'm bringing. I'm in school right now and will graduate I only weeks before my wedding. So I only have time to think about this kind of stuff during my breaks.

@@Surfingsara .. awww thank you so much for your help.. you're getting married a few weeks before me... after talking to my mother in law i think I'm going to being the ribbons for the chairs and runners for the tables... I'm not sure if i want to leave the napkins white or not.. i saw in the link for the decorator that they have maracas, i like that as a favor since it is a mexico wedding... my fiancé is a graphic designer so he's probably going to take care of all the post card and "paper" details lol

and i also won't be able to visit the resort before my wedding so I'm constantly overwhelming my coordinator with questions and requests on prices lists haha! 

good luck with graduation :)

• Like 1

@@Giocivs88, I'm happy to help! I've had many people be so kind and help me. Some tines I wonder how I'm going to make all of this happen... But I know it will all come together. Plus we have some time... But its actually about 17 months!! Squil!!

Have you checked out excellence Fb group?? Its for all 3 resorts. People post pictures and will answer questions. I've found one lady who sent me a pm and has given me a bunch of tips about the resort. Plus she has friends who visit frequently and they have said they would check things out for me too! I think it says something about a resort when people go back one or more times a year ( wish this was me! But maybe I'll be a super successful social worker and professor and I'll get to visit excellence all the time!! Gotta dream big!!) Plus people who visit here make friends with other guest and the friendships continue once they leave the resort!! The Fb group is invite only, if you can't find it, pm here and we can exchange Fb names, and I can send you the invite to the group.

Oh! I really like your ideas for chair covers, and table runners!! I think I may use your idea. After you said this, maybe colored napkins might be nice, so its not all white. I actually told my fiancé about this this morning and he's not opposed to it. This is huge! He keeps thinking the resort will do eveo, all he has to do is show up. Well, he is correct, but I'm not sure he will like the cost if the resort does it all.

We are in wedding savings mode right now. Our goal is to have enough saved by this June to cover the wedding. So wedding budget is a frequent topic of conversation.

Do you know when we will have the final cost of the wedding? I haven't talked to the resort since August. They told me then that it would be February before the 2016 wedding schedule opens. He wants to pay for it all 100% before we go. So all he needs to bring money for is tipping.

We had a very bad experience with a photographer that we paid for the package up front and then after the shoot, I went to see the photos while he was working. Well I was blindsided at this meeting because I was told this was the only time I could view the photos, plus I needed to pay an extra 600-1300 if I wanted any photos!! I called him crying!! I just couldn't imagine picking out photos in less than 30 min. Plus I had not expected to pay extra. Much less 600-1300 more!! The photographer even felt bad! She didn't own the business so she didn't have any control over this, plus the she had no idea the owner had not talked about pricing with me. But out of the kindness of her heart she let me come back to view the photos ( and with out charging me for another viewing!) Plus she worked out a better pricing since she couldn't get in touch with the owner. I only got 10 images, but at a total of $600 for only 10 digital images, this was expensive!! So needless to say we never want to have anything like this again!

I also think I said I would get images of something or a website or something for you... I apologize, its been a crazy two weeks and I completely forgot!! Sorry! Remind me again, and I promise I'll get it this time! I have a few hour break on Wednesday and can do it then. Once again I'm so sorry! Normally I'm on top of things.

How much were maracas from the resort? I found a few suggestions on this site for maracas at a good price. ( I'll try to find the link for you or you can look under my topics/ post and you should be able to find it.) I was thinking of doing these for our at home reception.

Oh lucky you for having him to handle the paper goods! This seems to be what's causing me the most stress. Well this and everyone annoying me over when I can provide them with pricing.

@@Surfingsara honey you've been so helpful and kind, thank you so much!

I didn't buy the maracas yet but the coordinator sent me a link to the In house decorator and they re selling them for 4 bucks a piece around.

Right now all I know I want to do is have the cerimony on the beach under the wooden gazebo...the coordinator sent me a list of all the extras and I got so overwhelmed that I still don't know what else I want to do!

I'm also having such a hard time finding chair sashes that match the color of my bridesmaids since the color is called celadon green l, which is almost like a calmer mint green.

What about you? When are you getting married and what are your decoration ideas?

Oh yes I forgot you're June too!

• Like 1

@@Giocivs88, Well, at least your not alone! I know I want to get married on the sand and I know about clothing and accessories (I have been purchasing them as I find them, have my dress, veil and earrings. I think I know what shoes I want, but I really dont like wearing shoes and if we are getting married on the sand, do I really need them?) We purchased luggage this past weekend at Costco, they had a good deal on Samsonite luggage. I know what I want to transport my dress in, its a Wallybag. I'll find the link for you. It has amazing reviews from destination brides!!

• Like 1

I did find some cute starfish ones! I'll send you the link when I get to my computer.. I'm in between classes right now.

I do have nice leather flip flops that I wear as my every day ones. Here in NC, flip flops are standard in your wardrobe. People even wear them in business settings... They are called olukai. Much better support than rainbows.