Playa Del Carmen Wedding - 2016 And So Overwhelmed

2016 Brides Beach Weddings Budgeting

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 MNsunseeker

MNsunseeker
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Is that for your wedding only? If yes I think 10k for your guest size is more than doable. What resort?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes this is for our wedding only- resort is Secrets Capri Riviera.  So excited!

#12 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

Yes this is for our wedding only- resort is Secrets Capri Riviera. So excited!

Awesome!! I had 45 people and paid around $6000. My resort had decent prices for extras though and no hidden fees for set up etc. That was the bill we paid for our wedding day. Accommodations, airfare, gifts, photographer, dress, jewelry, etc was more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 12 March 2015 - 08:28 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#13 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Yes this is for our wedding only- resort is Secrets Capri Riviera.  So excited!

My husband and I are doing a vow renewal in October. We're staying at Azul Fives but doing our ceremony at Grand Coral Beach Club. We're only a few - about 8 max by the looks of it and that includes hubby and I.

This is absolutely an awesome site to get your tips and ideas from. Cost wise I agree - if you set a budget you'll have to stick to it. We're using Samuel Luna for photos but no videographer. And we're off the resort for a dinner and using a restaurant in Playa del Carmen. For the number that we have it wasn't worth all the extra stuff through the resort.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#14 MNsunseeker

MNsunseeker
    • 61 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

Thanks all :)

#15 Stephieee

Stephieee
      • 12 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 11, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

Hi All, for any new brides who see this I wanted to point out that I'm not that lost/overwhelmed anymore :)

Once you pick the resort it definitely gets easier! 

We ended up contacting a TA who worked with the resort to secure our date. I had already browsed the packages online, so knew which one I wanted. From there I was assigned a coordinator who I deal with directly now. She took my deposit, secured my date and sent me over a list of everything I need to have decided on before the wedding. Additionally, she sent me a list of add on's and upgrades like a light up dance floor, DJ, table center pieces, fireworks, etc.

I kept thinking the wedding would be the cost of my package plus hotel/flight.

But, now that I am two months into this I realize its the package cost, add'ons, photographer, dress, hotel/airfare and any additional items like welcome gift bags for guest and grooms suit. I think we are looking at between $15k-$20k

This is more then what I had originally wanted, but I'm going to get a luxurious wedding at a great resort and also have a honeymoon! 

Im a year away and have only put my initial deposit down, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here. 

#16 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
      • 122 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

^^ I thought the exact same thing. Pay for the wedding package and we were good to go. Hence why I thought it was a LOT cheaper than a wedding in Canada. Boy was I wrong! All the extras add up quickly! But it still is cheaper in the end, and like you said - a beautiful wedding at a great resort AND a honeymoon all in one.

Congrats!!!  :)

#17 Stephieee

Stephieee
      • 12 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 11, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

Im roughly 3 months away from my wedding and wanted to post another update!

I selected a photographer, which was rough! I did a google search for playa del Carmen videographer and photographers. I want both at my wedding, and as was hoping to find a company that could do it all. When I started looking for that I realized there were only a handful that actually did it. Price and quality were huge factors! Everyone we know has been telling us not to go cheap with photography. I also want a video of our day. I think it would be great to watch on our anniversary, show our family and friends who couldn't make it to the wedding, and really be able to relive the whole day.

Octavio Montes does both! His portfolio on his website looks promising and I think he will be able to capture what I want. I think having him and his team do all the video and photography will be beneficial- one stop shop and they can collaborate and work together on my wedding day.. Communication with him was easy, he suggested a timeline ( which was less hours then I thought I needed ) so kudos on that, and gave me a list of things I need to decide on before the big day. He was responsive when I emailed and called me from Mexico to discuss the wedding. Which is also something else I was interested in. I wanted a photographer whose been to the resort, knows the area and can suggest the best picture spots and poses. Im really excited and cant wait to see how everything comes out! Here is his link if anyone is interested www.octaviomontes.com

Additionally,  we booked DJ Dormixx and his light up dance floor. Not sure if he has a website. He sent me an email after the resort secured him. He also sent me a list of things I need to decide on, asked tons of questions and seems super legit.

I'm going to do flowers through the resort and hopefully DIY my own table numbers and seating charts. I'm looking forward to getting crafty with it and keeping cost lower.

Edited by Stephieee, 03 December 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#18 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:51 AM

Im roughly 3 months away from my wedding and wanted to post another update!

I selected a photographer, which was rough! I did a google search for playa del Carmen videographer and photographers. I want both at my wedding, and as was hoping to find a company that could do it all. When I started looking for that I realized there were only a handful that actually did it. Price and quality were huge factors! Everyone we know has been telling us not to go cheap with photography. I also want a video of our day. I think it would be great to watch on our anniversary, show our family and friends who couldn't make it to the wedding, and really be able to relive the whole day.

Octavio Montes does both! His portfolio on his website looks promising and I think he will be able to capture what I want. I think having him and his team do all the video and photography will be beneficial- one stop shop and they can collaborate and work together on my wedding day.. Communication with him was easy, he suggested a timeline ( which was less hours then I thought I needed ) so kudos on that, and gave me a list of things I need to decide on before the big day. He was responsive when I emailed and called me from Mexico to discuss the wedding. Which is also something else I was interested in. I wanted a photographer whose been to the resort, knows the area and can suggest the best picture spots and poses. Im really excited and cant wait to see how everything comes out! Here is his link if anyone is interested www.octaviomontes.com

Additionally,  we booked DJ Dormixx and his light up dance floor. Not sure if he has a website. He sent me an email after the resort secured him. He also sent me a list of things I need to decide on, asked tons of questions and seems super legit.

I'm going to do flowers through the resort and hopefully DIY my own table numbers and seating charts. I'm looking forward to getting crafty with it and keeping cost lower.

I'm happy that you picked Octavio. He did our photos too, and I agree, I couldn't find same quality pictures for that value. I wrote a review yesterday on his vendor page and posted some of our pictures on there :)

event.png

#19 Deannak

Deannak
      • 13 posts
        • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hey there! I was married at Now Jade last year. We spent about $15,000 for the two of us and our immediate family (with everything all together - flight, wedding package, dress, suit, decor, photographer, DJ, etc) and our guests paid their own way and rooms. I think you can contact either the hotel or a travel agent. I personally went straight to the hotel wedding coordinator to book, but my friend used a travel agent for her wedding. So, I don't think it matters. A travel agent might be easier to arrange flights and stuff too though. We did that part on our own.

First step, research your resorts and book. Next step find your photographer/videographer. Our photographer created our wedding day itinerary for us and gave us a lot of advice. It really took a lot of pressure off. We used Bohemia Photography, I was very happy them. I actually just got on here to review them, I didn't know this site was here for my wedding (which would've been nice)! Their website is www.bohemia-photography.com

Best of luck to you! And just remember, nothing is ever perfect, so just go with it! 

How was your experience with Now Jade? What abou the resort itself, not just the wedding part!? thanks

#20 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:16 AM

Welcome to our forum community Deannak and Congrats on planning a dw!!!

The NOW Jade makes an awesome backdrop for wedding photos - as you can see in these magical wedding moments that matter we captured there....to give you an idea of how yours would look - enjoy!!!

....from our NOW Jade Wedding Album 1:

11170315_10153455291979487_1861569579814

11705723_10153455292729487_5708464463776

11241626_10153455298954487_3232365128474

11705777_10153455298269487_2956703173343

....from our NOW Jade Wedding Album 2:

10847189_10152879943384487_8969600163677

10700346_10152879943989487_5608264306960

10714219_10152879944064487_5396703682965

10850043_10152879945124487_5726771364352

10481829_10152879945984487_3218129313193

Hope you enjoy your research and planning journey - all the best, cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Beach Weddings, Budgeting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users