• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AMD

• 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hello All! Trying to decide b/w getting married on the beach vs getting married in a Gazebo. Average temp in Cancun the day I am getting married is 81.  We love the idea of on the beach, but are worried thats too warm/ uncomfortable for the guests.  Who was had their wedding on the beach about that temp and what were your opinions?   Thanks so much in advance!

#2 beckys98

• 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Hi! I don't know if it is the same on the Cabo side of Mexico, but my sister got married in Riviera Maya in July with her ceremony on the beach and it was fine! There was a very nice, constant breeze off the water that really helped. In fact, we went to a more interior bar to grab a drink before pictures and THAT was when I was hot because the buildings blocked the breeze.

She originally planned to have her reception outside as well but due to rain earlier in the day it was moved inside - honestly, I was quite glad for the air conditioning for that. The ceremony is only 20 minutes, but for dinner/dancing it would have been a bit hot.

#3 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

there should be a good breeze on the beach - 80 will be nice! 

• AMD likes this

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 IvanLuckiePhotography

• Vendor
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

@AMD which month are you getting married? also what time is your ceremony? do you care about pictures? (yes/no)

#5 nattiegams325

• 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

My fiancé didn't ask for much, but one thing was that we not get married in the sand because he wanted to wear shoes :-) if you're by the ocean, it will be windy, doesn't matter if gazebo or beach, and the temp should be the same. One thing I did witness at beach weddings if it was a strong gust, sand could blow up - but I only saw this once out of about 8 weddings I creeped on during my site visits!
    • AMD likes this

#6 IvanLuckiePhotography

• Vendor
    • 183 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

beach could be less hot than gazebos, exactly because of the wind, but depending also where gazebo is located, from April until august heat and humidity are at maximum, if the ceremony is on the beach, It depends on the time and location also to determine if it will be hot or less hot, this is why I asked, there are some beach locations at certain time that buildings cast shadow on the venue and will be the less hot possible

in any case, photography and video will be affected this is why I also asked

#7 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

I got married in Jamaica in October and we were lucky enough to have the best of both worlds. The resort had their gazebo right down on the beach which was perfect because I didn't want sand. I wanted shoes too. I still feel the same way. There was a constant breeze off the water when we were there, and I remember the ladies on the resort forum all said that April was the windiest month of all. I don't know if it's the same for Cancun but generally there is a breeze off the water and 80 degrees is a pretty comfortable temp.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#8 PalmTreeDreams

• 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

Remember that 80 degrees with the Mexico humidity is more like 90. My wedding said highs in the low 80s everyday… it clearly felt hotter than that! But still worth it ;)

#9 IvanLuckiePhotography

• Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

@PalmTreeDreams humidity is 100 most of the time :( could be 70-80 depending on the season, April to August 80F for sure and 100% humidity, there are nothing that can't be solved with some beers :)

• AMD likes this

#10 AMD

• 6 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Mexico
          • LocationColorado

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

@AMD which month are you getting married? also what time is your ceremony? do you care about pictures? (yes/no)

Getting married April 26th at 3 PM at Moon Palace.  Def. would like nice pictures! The beach always seems like a great idea, but not sure if it always pans out to actually be that way!

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate it! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users