I've noticed the review pages for photographers are full of one timer reviews. With similar grammatical mistakes and 5 stars no cons, always AMAZING!!...

Very fishy and very unnerving. I'm looking for an affordable photographer in Cancun who doesn't pump up his/her own reviews. ... Please help!!

I plan on going with BiCoastal images. She is very active on Facebook and they have really good reviews from real brides. I also looked into Octavio Montes, his prices are very good and his reviews are all very good. But, he offers a 10% discount if you write him a good review in a forum, so it was hard for me to find any reviews of his actual work. Now, a friend of mine used Octavio for her wedding about two years ago, her pictures look good and some are featured on his website... the bride coming out of the jungle. But, they just didnt grab me. Cecelia Dumas is also affordable and another one that I had on my top list.

• Like 2

I've noticed the review pages for photographers are full of one timer reviews. With similar grammatical mistakes and 5 stars no cons, always AMAZING!!...

Very fishy and very unnerving. I'm looking for an affordable photographer in Cancun who doesn't pump up his/her own reviews. ... Please help!!

I am using the photography company affiliated with my resort, which is Adventure Photos.  I did a lot of research into who their photographers were, I requested their work, etc. before making my choice and requesting a certain photographer.

My other front runners, with very reasonable rates (I am a budget bride) were:

-Bohemia Photography

- Samual Luna

I also loved the work of Bicoastal, Dean Sandersan, and Lancelotti

These ones were in my price range...some more than others but for a budget bride they are all worth checking out.

• Like 3

Playa loves me photography by Laura McNaurma :)

• Like 1

Maybe it's because weddings are their business and they deliver good quality for what they charge. If you look at their websites the photos are well done.

Maybe it's because weddings are their business and they deliver good quality for what they charge. If you look at their websites the photos are well done.

I understand that. But everyone knows that there is maybe an over picky bride out there who would leave a 4 star review for a wonderful photographer. I'm just looking for those 4 star reviews. Some photographers have pages and pages of 5 star reviews repeating the same drivel... Not all but some.

And the finished product on their website does not make the photographer. The manners, Timeliness, added costs, length of processing are all major issues imo.

• Like 1

@@julianow ohhh don't keep it real on here, nobody wants to hear your real feelings! We wanna hear about your monogrammed OTT bags!!!

:/

Actually, there was a negative review on this website that was about my particular vendor and then later that day the review was gone. Posters remorse maybe, I'm not sure. My vendor didn't deny when I asked him about it so I considered his integrity and ended up hiring him and valuing his stand up guy character.

I know for an absolute fact many of the vendors in particular photographers, offered me a lower rate in exchange for a good review. Nothing crazy huge, maybe 10%. How that all works out in the end - I'm unsure.

My photographer took my budget and needs and made up a package for me without any mention of a review "deal".

I started a post about a photographer and some ppl made me feel as if it was unheard of for me to be able to hire a photographer in my budget. Like I was dreaming.

Keep fishing around here long enough and you will find the right photographer, reviews aside even.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Reviews are only removed by the poster.  We do not remove bad reviews at the vendor's request.  When we are asked by a vendor to remove a review, we tell them that they need to work it out with their client.

Regarding posting great or bad reviews, I think that with things like wedding photography, most people that post reviews either really LOVE their photographer or really HATE their photographer.  

If you feel that some reviews may be suspicious, flag them.  We do have some filters in place but of course cannot verify every review.

• Like 3

That's what I meant by posters remorse.

I can see the truth in people probably either loving their photographer or hating them when it comes to their wedding.

Makes sense.

• Like 1