#11 NMungarro

NMungarro
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

@misbosox

How exciting that we are getting married the same week! We'll be arriving on Saturday so we might very well run into each other. We are also getting married in the Tucan Gazebo, and from the pictures it looks absolutely stunning! Will you (or someone else from your group) be setting up the décor items? Do you know if the hotel charges a set up fee is they do it? We also decided to go with JSAV for music, however I did just cancel the dance floor we were getting with them, they wanted 600 for set up and removal!  I actually don't know who our coordinator is, we're working with a local travel agent who specializes in destination and she is the one getting me quotes and talking to the hotel. If I see you at the club on Tuesday I'll be sure to say hi, if that's okay, I might have my bachelorette party on that day, as my maid of honor lives in a different state and still wants to celebrate.

Its so nice to have another bride to bounce information off and thank you so much for your input!

@ perianjay

Thank you so much for that information, I'll have to check out Maya Floral.  I didn't expect for all the décor, flowers, etc to be so expensive when I was first planning.  I am using an outside photographer and luckily I'm only being charged the $400 fee instead of the new $800 fee they have recently added.

Have you used Maya Floral or do you plan to?

Thanks so much for that information I'll be contacting Maya floral,

Nancy

#12 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

@misbosox

How exciting that we are getting married the same week! We'll be arriving on Saturday so we might very well run into each other. We are also getting married in the Tucan Gazebo, and from the pictures it looks absolutely stunning! Will you (or someone else from your group) be setting up the décor items? Do you know if the hotel charges a set up fee is they do it? We also decided to go with JSAV for music, however I did just cancel the dance floor we were getting with them, they wanted 600 for set up and removal!  I actually don't know who our coordinator is, we're working with a local travel agent who specializes in destination and she is the one getting me quotes and talking to the hotel. If I see you at the club on Tuesday I'll be sure to say hi, if that's okay, I might have my bachelorette party on that day, as my maid of honor lives in a different state and still wants to celebrate.

Its so nice to have another bride to bounce information off and thank you so much for your input!

@ perianjay

Thank you so much for that information, I'll have to check out Maya Floral.  I didn't expect for all the décor, flowers, etc to be so expensive when I was first planning.  I am using an outside photographer and luckily I'm only being charged the $400 fee instead of the new $800 fee they have recently added.

Have you used Maya Floral or do you plan to?

Thanks so much for that information I'll be contacting Maya floral,

Nancy

For the specific flowers that I wanted, it would be too expensive because they would have to import them (peonies). I decided not to go that route and i'm going to be getting real touch bouquets.I hear that they are one of the most reasonably priced florists (in Mexico). The prices are obviously quite a bit more out there than they would be at home for a bouquet. I think I was quoted about $350 for a peony bouquet. Way out of my budget, but again, it was because of the flower choice. He had mentioned if it were another flower that he doesn't need to import it would be a lot cheaper.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#13 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

Thank you for the great advice @misbosox! Based on what I've gathered from the palace brides on here, I've been saving all of my email messages and will have a binder of all of the correspondences handy. Elizabeth has already sent me an email that they're honoring the old photographer vendor fee for us, and I didn't even have to ask her! I've saved this email :)

We're hoping for a site visit but not certain due to budget.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#14 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

Thank you for the great advice @misbosox! Based on what I've gathered from the palace brides on here, I've been saving all of my email messages and will have a binder of all of the correspondences handy. Elizabeth has already sent me an email that they're honoring the old photographer vendor fee for us, and I didn't even have to ask her! I've saved this email :)

We're hoping for a site visit but not certain due to budget.

I love your binder idea. My emails often get lost in the sea of my inbox. I love physical paper sometimes (I'm really oldschool in some ways). I think I may have to steal this idea so that I can keep organized!!

My planning thread :

#15 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

I love your binder idea. My emails often get lost in the sea of my inbox. I love physical paper sometimes (I'm really oldschool in some ways). I think I may have to steal this idea so that I can keep organized!!

Haha, you and I are old school this way! It's my A-type personality that needs this Lol. I was going to tab it so I had all the correspondences separated for each vendor (photographer, decor, DJ, etc). Since we're doing a civil ceremony, all the required paperwork will also be in the binder.

I can always pull up the messages on my ipad but I don't want to have to rely on the wifi. With my luck it probably won't work if I had to use it asap.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#16 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Haha, you and I are old school this way! It's my A-type personality that needs this Lol. I was going to tab it so I had all the correspondences separated for each vendor (photographer, decor, DJ, etc). Since we're doing a civil ceremony, all the required paperwork will also be in the binder.

I can always pull up the messages on my ipad but I don't want to have to rely on the wifi. With my luck it probably won't work if I had to use it asap.

Yea I know what you mean.

I feel like I definately am going to bombard the planner at the resort with photos of how I want each thing set up and every single little detail. They are going to hate me because i'm so neurotic lol

My planning thread :

#17 misbosox

misbosox
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

@NMungarro  we are going to try to set up most of our décor our selves.  They told me if we set up ourselves there is no fee.  If we have the resort set it up then they charge starting at $100 up, depending on how much and how difficult to set up.  We are also arriving on Saturday.   Only few more months away! so exciting

#18 priscilla31185

priscilla31185
  • 18 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

Hello Ladies, I am set for June 11th of 2016 at Moon Palace!! its been a long time coming!!! I just had a few question since you ladies have been through everything now.. What are the options for the vendors for the photography/videography DJ, and decor?? I was planning on just using the free decor, but not sure what that all includes. I would be bringing my own center pieces.. also what are some of the items you all are bring from home?

tia,

PRISCILLA 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users