NMungarro

Newbie Bride June 2015 Wedding Moon Palace Resort

Hello! I'm a newbie planning our wedding at the Moon Palace Resort in June of 2015.  We have been engaged since July and can't wait for our destination wedding.  We anticipate having 50-75 guests and plan on having group activities our guests can enjoy. I have already begun to plan our wedding am in the process of deciding on DJ, photographer, decor, flowers, etc. 

Has anyone used the in-house vendors?

Does anyone have any recommendations for outside vendors? Is it worth the fee?

Any sort of tips, experiences or thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

Congrats and welcome! Moon Palace is a very popular resort with the ladies here so there is no shortage of information that should help you on your planning adventure! I hope you have a good travel agent helping you out as that will be important over the coming months. Here are links to two of the discussion forums that will give you a start. Definitely spend some time reading through as there is a lot of content.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/71504-moon-palace-2014/

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78216-2015-2016-moon-palace-brides/

Good luck and happy planning!!

Hi @@NMungarro welcome to the forum and congrats on your engagement and 2015 wedding! I'm also getting married at Moon Palace so I can try to help you out but I've never been there and my wedding is later than yours, it's actually in 2016. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask. 

Even though my wedding is still a year away, I've booked a few vendors already. For hair and makeup, I've booked Styling Trio.nthey have great reviews and is an onsite vendor. For photography I went with an outside vendor, Samuel Luna. I love his photography style and with the outside vendor fee, he was still cheaper than the in-house palace photographer. For decor Palace has three in-house vendors and I went with LatinAsia. They are so nice and easy to communicate with. They have a great vision and works with your budget. I'm still looking into a DJ but have heard that DJ Discomovil has a great rate and is worth it even after the vendor fee. Hope that helps a bit.

Welcome to BDW!  Moon Palace is a fabulous place to get married.  Do you know what resort you will stay at?

We are a Platinum PRO agency with Palace resorts which is their highest level.  We can def. help answer some of your questions.

Welcome to our forum community, NMungarro, and COngrats on your upcoming Moon Palace wedding!!! you're off to a great start by joining the forum with all its' resources to help with your planning decisions - so well done :)

Also you've chosen a beautiful venue for your wedding celebration - as you can see in these magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured at one of his recent weddings there....with more at the album link here: Moon Palace Wedding Album

901362_10151930922849487_1996511889_o.jp

1412812_10151930923244487_505331647_o.jp

1401724_10151930925634487_219052324_o.jp

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Hi, and Welcome to the forum!

Moon Palace is an awesome choice with something for everyone! Please let us know if you have any questions or we here on the forum and from Wright Travel can be of help to you!

@NMungarro   Congrats on picking a resort!  We actually get married the same week as you there!  We will be getting married two days before you on Tuesday 23rd at Toucan Gazebo.    Maybe we will get to run into one another while there!     Moon Palace is a beautiful resort.   For us we are pretty much bringing all our own décor except we are going to rent some lighting and sound system.  For the sound system so far we got a better quote through PSAV.  For décor I would say contact all three vendors,  give them your ideas and see what they have to offer.  Also don't forget to ask the vendors their setup, delivery fees, etc.  We want either lights wrapped around palms or tiki torches, but not all of the vendors offer it.   Your wedding is Thursday right?  - the nightclub on site is only open certain nights of the week.  Its open Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat 10p-3 or 5am.  One thing we are doing is instead of paying for extra hours to have our reception keep going we are going to invite our party to join us at Nior after since its open.  Just a suggestion since yours is on one of the nights its open.  Who is your coordinator that you are working with? 

@NMungarro   Congrats on picking a resort!  We actually get married the same week as you there!  We will be getting married two days before you on Tuesday 23rd at Toucan Gazebo.    Maybe we will get to run into one another while there!     Moon Palace is a beautiful resort.   For us we are pretty much bringing all our own décor except we are going to rent some lighting and sound system.  For the sound system so far we got a better quote through PSAV.  For décor I would say contact all three vendors,  give them your ideas and see what they have to offer.  Also don't forget to ask the vendors their setup, delivery fees, etc.  We want either lights wrapped around palms or tiki torches, but not all of the vendors offer it.   Your wedding is Thursday right?  - the nightclub on site is only open certain nights of the week.  Its open Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat 10p-3 or 5am.  One thing we are doing is instead of paying for extra hours to have our reception keep going we are going to invite our party to join us at Nior after since its open.  Just a suggestion since yours is on one of the nights its open.  Who is your coordinator that you are working with?

Thanks for the info on Noir @@misbosox, our wedding is on a Saturday so luckily it's open for us too! I was hoping for this since we're also not intending on paying a lot to extend the reception. My coordinator is Elizabeth and she's absolutely wonderful! She's very helpful and always gets back to me within a day or two (usually a day). During our first phone call, we absolutely clicked and I felt like I was talking to one of my friends. I'd keep her as my onsite if I could! Who's yours?

@@Wafflesmom ours is Brenda. I've been working with her since this summer and she is my on site also. Almost done with planning. Best tip I can give make sure everything you have in writing. All my phone conversations I followed up with them via email as we'll. that way if any changes to pricing or anything I have proof of what we originally agreed on. Big example at time I booked the outside vendor fee for photographers only was lowered to $400. Now they brought it back up to $800. I asked my coord if when I confirmed with photographer and resort back when it was $400 and have it in writing from her, she said they will honor it. Have you done a site visit? If not it's good to do one.

Hello! I'm a newbie planning our wedding at the Moon Palace Resort in June of 2015.  We have been engaged since July and can't wait for our destination wedding.  We anticipate having 50-75 guests and plan on having group activities our guests can enjoy. I have already begun to plan our wedding am in the process of deciding on DJ, photographer, decor, flowers, etc. 

Has anyone used the in-house vendors?

Does anyone have any recommendations for outside vendors? Is it worth the fee?

Any sort of tips, experiences or thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

Congrats!!

I'm getting married at Beach Palace (sister resort) and it's pretty much the same vendors that they use. We're not going with any of the wedding collections that the resort offers.. we decided to source our decor through Zuniga (which is a Palace preferred vendor - so we won't have to pay a vendor fee). I know if you want to get flowers, I heard many brides who have used 'Maya Floral' and to avoid the outside vendor fee, have just met them in the lobby and grabbed the flowers.

The only vendor fees you really can't get away with are photographer/videographer.. They will charge you a vendor fee no matter what unless you use their onsite photography (which is extremely pricey and in my opinion not the most amazing for the price).