2016 Brides! Let's Wait In Here!

@@Wafflesmom I love moon palace. I was just looking at other resorts yesterday and felt that maybe I should be chose a cheaper resort for guests. But then I'd be paying way more for the wedding.

I'm on my phone so I can't really comfortably do a long post.

but like you waffles mom I did pretty much a lot. I booked the DJ. We chose DJ disco movil. His prices were really great and Ni budget including the outside vendor fee of $800. For photography we are going to go with cecilia dumas. The deposit should be paid today. I'm debating on who to use for our trash the dress I'm debating between cecilia dumas and the other photographer that I just learned of today I can't remember their name but the prices are really good and the pictures are really good as well. Videography I was planning to book with indigo however I really don't want to do such a large deposit of 40%. I was hoping to stay within the 20 to 30 percent range for deposits.

I found my dress at a local bridAL store for like 40% off. I plan to go dress shopping with my mom in April and I hope she loves it too.

I sent out my save the dates in September and plan to send put incites in june. Hopefully after the holidays and tax season more people will be booking. One of my bridesmaids said that she was trying to find one of our friends to share a room with her, and apparently they aren't thinking about it yet, because it's in 2016.. smh. I booked it further out to give people plenty of time to pay and plan, but if I booked it too soon it would be inconsiderate. .. I don't get it.

I have chair sashes and table runners, custom canvas bags for my bridesmaids, I plan to buy our wedding bands on black friday.

For oot bags I'm just going to use paper gift bags and fill them with odds and ends.

I found shoes I like, but I'm not buying anything unless there's a good deal. I want blue shoes. I live near a formal consignment shop and will check them out every now and then for good shoes

I had thought about choosing a resort that was cheaper but with all the amenities and the resort credits that guests receive, Moon Palace is worth it! I've looked into DJ Discomovil and his prices are great. Depending on how long our reception will be (either 3 or 4 hours) will determine if I go with him or the in-house DJ. Have you heard any reviews about them?

And I know what you mean about the deposits, they're starting to add up (especially given the exchange rate for us Canadians)! I've basically looked at it as a positive, we won't have to shell out as much in the end! LOL

I also had the same issue with you about booking. I thought that giving people enough time to save and book the date would be a good thing. Instead, some have said that it's too far ahead to plan for?!?!? I don't get it either and I think it's something all destination brides go through!

I want blue shoes too and have been looking at Badgley Mischka ones but have to try them on. They'll be my reception shoes and will look for a wedge one or barefoot sandals for the ceremony since we'll be at the beach.

And I've seen your pics of you in your dress, you look beautiful! I'm sure you're mom will love it :wub:

Oh I also have my dress! I actually got it before I got my ring.

My dress kinda found me. I was procrastinating one day and looking on websites to narrow down what I liked and didn't like. Then I came across MY dress. I couldn't get my mind off of it and told my finance about it. He suggested I contact the seller ( dress was on preownedweddingdress.com) I did, and the price was right. When I heard back about the final price the next morning i also learned that my best friend growing up, unexpectedly passed away. This dress became something positive to think about during a difficult time. When the dress arrived it fit!!! No alterations needed!!! How lucky is this? The designer only made so many of this dress and now suggest for people to find it used if they want it. They will even help you find a used one if you need them too, that's how popular this dress is/was.

I had been concerned about who I would take with me dress shopping and the drama that can go along with this. Plus, I was afraid I would fall in love with something I couldn't afford. ( i just cant justify spending thousands on a dress to wear one day) So buying online, this way, turned out to help out in many ways. I still can't believe it fits perfectly!

For me, finding shoes may be my hardest thing! I love pretty shoes, but i don't want to pay a crazy amount for them. Plus i'm a former quadraphonic, ( now walking with just one forearm crutch ) so I have to be careful about heals. I've fallen in love with a few pairs of shoes on Pinterest but when I saw they are 3+ inch heals and over $2,000, I decided I wouldnt be getting them!

I've also been considering a flat Tommy Bahama starfish shoe. Its more reasonably priced and in the reviews people say they are comfortable and wear them all the time, even after the wedding. ( I'll try and find a photo to post later)

Is anyone else struggling to find shoes?

5157df3d455037b5be8b5426ddcad7f5.jpg

Above are the Tommy Bahama shoes that I'm interested in. 

cc5a52e8c6f574700882c03defa7c24b.jpg

This is me dreaming!! Aren't they pretty? But there is no way I would pay thousands for a pair of shoes and that I could wear a shoe with a heal this high.

I'm September 2016! And I'm frantic about trying to plan a wedding! Let alone a destination wedding! (Not much of a planner, I enjoy going with the flow lol) I've gotten into contact with Palace resorts but I'm wondering if there's any other resorts that you ladies recommend! 

5157df3d455037b5be8b5426ddcad7f5.jpg

Above are the Tommy Bahama shoes that I'm interested in.

cc5a52e8c6f574700882c03defa7c24b.jpg

This is me dreaming!! Aren't they pretty? But there is no way I would pay thousands for a pair of shoes and that I could wear a shoe with a heal this high.

Very awesome!! Love the sandals. I went I to tommy Bahamas the other night and was ill when a basic sundress was $200 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Surfingsara I love shoes, my fiancé says I have an addiction lol I love those Tommy Bahamas they do look comfy! And the $2000 sandals are gorgeous but if you aren't comfy in high high heels, that would not be worth it! I'm looking forward to trying on shoes and seeing how well I can walk in them. I love heels but will have to wear them only for the reception part since our ceremony in on the beach.

@@Kawtarz1991 what are you looking for in a resort (e.g. Nice beach, size of resort, price, etc). We love Moon Palace because we wanted our guests to feel like they don't have to be with the wedding group the whole week. Plus there's tons of wedding benefits with palace resorts!

Edited by Wafflesmom

@@Surfingsara I love shoes, my fiancé says I have an addiction lol I love those Tommy Bahamas they do look comfy! And the $2000 sandals are gorgeous but if you aren't comfy in high high heels, that would not be worth it! I'm looking forward to trying on shoes and seeing how well I can walk in them. I love heels but will have to wear them only for the reception part since our ceremony in on the beach.

@@Kawtarz1991 what are you looking for in a resort (e.g. Nice beach, size of resort, price, etc). We love Moon Palace because we wanted our guests to feel like they don't have to be with the wedding group the whole week. Plus there's tons of wedding benefits with palace resorts!

@@Wafflesmom, our ceremony will be on the beach too. I'm also thinking I can wear them for our at home reception.

I have a lover hate relationship with shoes, I really want to love them and enjoy looking at them, I just can't stand to wear them.

I have a few pairs of heals a little over 2 inches high that I love and walk great in. I think I do better in them than a kitten heal pair that I have. All my heals ( that are comfortable) are Talbot's brand.

Very awesome!! Love the sandals. I went I to tommy Bahamas the other night and was ill when a basic sundress was $200 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, Tommy Bahama stuff isn't cheap! But $98.00 is a whole lot better than a few thousand. I have some of their dresses and I love them! They last a long time. Its pretty hot here from April through October, so cool dresses are nice. My fiance also wears their silk shirts all the time. For his outfit he's getting a new shirt and doing the silk wedding paints. He has a few already and loves them! The groomsmen will do the same, just a different color shirt than what he wears.

My dress is a very unique color, they say its ivory but I think its more of a sandy champagne color, and he already has a Tommy Bahama shirt that matches pretty well and doesn't clash. ( hell just get a new one in that color for the wedding)

They actually have something that looks very similar to the Tommy Bahama shoe on Amazon.com. I think I even saw one brand that was around $30.00. So I may get that and if its comfortable just wear it and save some money.

I'm September 2016! And I'm frantic about trying to plan a wedding! Let alone a destination wedding! (Not much of a planner, I enjoy going with the flow lol) I've gotten into contact with Palace resorts but I'm wondering if there's any other resorts that you ladies recommend!

@@Kawtarz1991 I'm in love with Excellence Playa Mujeres! Its just north of the major Cancun area. Its a smaller resort and adults only. But they have sister resorts next door called The Beloved and The Finest that opens Feb 2015 and both of these are kid friendly. The Beloved was highly recommended on TripAdvisor by many people.

• Like 1

We are getting married January 7th, 2016!! We have 61 people booked so far. I haven't done much other than pick the ceremony venue and get my guests booked. I will go shopping soon in a month for the dress. We are bringing a friend who is a photographer to take pictures so that was easy! We have a lot of time so I figure I won't overload myself with everything at once.

Ours is January 9, 2016 at Azul Fives!  @@Smellsey, maybe we'll see each other!  We arrive on the 6th. 

I'm a bit of a planner so we've made quite a few decisions already. My theory is that the more I can plan up front, the more time I have to adjust if things don't go according to plan. I realize I have to give up a fair bit of control planning a destination wedding. We'll see how that goes ;) haha

So far we have:

-The resort, ceremony & reception locations, menus etc.

-Hair & Make up (the resort spa)

-Photography (Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell) *We really got lucky - Derek was in Toronto for a friend's wedding so we were actually able to meet in person and do some engagement photos!! Such a rare thing for photography and destination weddings. 

-Dress (I'm having my dress custom made by a boutique in Toronto. My amazing maids of honour got me a gift card for a custom made dress. This boutique specializes in bridesmaid & party dresses as well as wedding dresses. It was the perfect option for me and I was able to get a discount off the cost with the gift card and a promotion they were having. Fingers crossed it turns out the way I've envisioned. So far the process has been great!)

-Music (My fiancé and I are both have very musically inclined friends and family. His family are all string musicians. In my perfect world they would play live at the ceremony but we're a little worried about bringing all of the instruments and having them safe. The backup plan is the have a recording of them playing. Our first dance will also be sung by two very good friends)

That's about it so far. I'm trying not to plan everything before I hit the year mark - I kinda love this process so I'm trying to savour it!

Our deposit deadline is coming up so hopefully we'll be getting more guests booked very soon!  Happy planning everyone!

• Like 3

Hi Ladies!

I'm also planning a 2016 wedding at Moon Palace.  My date is set for March 12, 2016.  I am having a Catholic ceremony n the Chapel and deciding where to have the reception.  Does anyone have any info on good reception sites?  I am looking at the Tucan Terrace, rooftop and Grand Terrace.

Thank you!

Hello future brides! We're so excited to see you here planning ahead and hope we can assist you with your questions and inspire you with ideas for the upcoming nuptials. 

Moon Palace (and Palace Resorts in general) are very professional in their approach to weddings, they definitely know what they are doing. There are so many resorts to choose from it can be very difficult to decide, you just have to go with your gut and what makes you go WOW, like each of your wedding day choices. 

Wedding at Iberostar

gallery_207303_17114_150940.jpg

Wedding at private villa Hacienda del Mar

gallery_207303_17893_162142.jpg

Wedding at Secrets Maroma

gallery_207303_16081_27672.jpg

Wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun

gallery_207303_17584_41737.jpg

Wedding at Cabanas la Luna

gallery_207303_17505_340373.jpg

Wedding Xcaret Park

gallery_1421_10030_1386232345_225474.jpe

Wedding at Grand Sunset Princess

gallery_1421_15759_1386231783_214230.jpe

Wedding at Blue Venado (we are featured vendors at this venue, we LOVE it!)

gallery_1421_11073_1386231745_213205.jpe

Wedding Isla Mujeres Zamas Beach

gallery_1421_15598_1386231727_212852.jpe

Wedding set-up at Paradisus

gallery_1421_8374_1386231462_207275.jpeg

Just a taste of some of the magical places in the Riviera Maya where one can wed. Have you chosen your venue? Happy planning! 

• Like 1