yasminea84
  • 44 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade-Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

This is one of my first posts!

Have any of you ladies had your wedding reception at Castaways. I'm trying to figure what to bring as far as décor. Its hard to figure out exactly what I need since I'm not familiar with the entire space. I've seen a few pictures here and there. But I haven't found a FULL view of the CASTAWAY restaurant. Im also considered about that space being too large? Is there different  table arrangements we can do? What did you girls bring with YOU

Your help is appreciated! :)

Edited by yasminea84, 12 December 2014 - 01:07 PM.

70 Guests + Bride and Groom!

#2 rachelia160

rachelia160
  • 296 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

Hi @yasminea84!

I'm having my reception at Castaways too, so I'm excited to see how people respond to this thread!

Not sure if this will help you or not, but here are some pictures I took of Castaways when I was there earlier this year.  The space looks kind of big, but it's divided into 3 sections, so I think it will feel more intimate than you think, especially if you keep the "action" in one of the sections.  How many guests are you planning on having?

Also, here's a really helpful diagram that someone (sorry I don't remember who) posted of their layout at Castaways a while back that I held onto.

As far as decor, so far I've bought Chinese lanterns, chair bows, and we'll be making our centerpieces.  I'm unsure of how much decor I'll need either--I want it to be cute, but I also don't want to lug down a bunch of stuff that no one really notices or cares about.

Thanks for posting this, I'll be following this thread! :)

Rachel

IMG_0825.jpg

DSCN2151-1.jpgDSCN2150-1.jpgDSCN2148-1.jpgDSCN2147-1.jpgDSCN2146-1.jpgDSCN2145-1.jpg

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

Welcome to our forum community, jasminea84, and Congrats on your upcoming dw in Puerto Morelos!!! as you've already seen, there are great resources here to help with your planning decisions, so well done on a great start :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

1973397_10152879945134487_19503965244023

10818477_10152879947124487_6409932447186

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 yasminea84

yasminea84
    • 44 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade-Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

Hi @yasminea84!

I'm having my reception at Castaways too, so I'm excited to see how people respond to this thread!

Not sure if this will help you or not, but here are some pictures I took of Castaways when I was there earlier this year.  The space looks kind of big, but it's divided into 3 sections, so I think it will feel more intimate than you think, especially if you keep the "action" in one of the sections.  How many guests are you planning on having?

Also, here's a really helpful diagram that someone (sorry I don't remember who) posted of their layout at Castaways a while back that I held onto.

As far as decor, so far I've bought Chinese lanterns, chair bows, and we'll be making our centerpieces.  I'm unsure of how much decor I'll need either--I want it to be cute, but I also don't want to lug down a bunch of stuff that no one really notices or cares about.

Thanks for posting this, I'll be following this thread! :)

Rachel

IMG_0825.jpg

DSCN2151-1.jpgDSCN2150-1.jpgDSCN2148-1.jpgDSCN2147-1.jpgDSCN2146-1.jpgDSCN2145-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics!!! I was thinking about doing long communal tables. I think long tables look so elegant! I wonder how that would be arranged!

70 Guests + Bride and Groom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users