travelgal78

Tequila Shot Instead Of Sand Ceremony?

Ooooh! I like this! Been noted. Although I worry about dribbling or coughing it up on my dress......would make for a hilarious picture though! lol

EDIT:

Uhhh, also do not google 'shot at the altar' . I thought I would find fun ideas to have a tequila/rum shot during a wedding ceremony......I really didn't think that through :o . 

Edited by Everly
  • Like 1

Awesome idea! Such a coincidence that ive found this thread as i had decided to do this too and have just ordered custom shot glasses for my guests with their name on & a mexican theme painted onto them. Doubling up as placemarkers, a keepsake and a glass :D

Awesome!

We didn't do this in the end (totally slipped my mind) but now that I have went thru their ceremony there, it will totally work!  Just let your WC know what you plan to do and when and she will have it all ready for you!  I got my WC about 1 month before.

• Like 1

Hi Gals!

We are only 95 days from our wedding! I feel like this year is flying by...getting so excited!!

Anyways, fiancé and I are trying to figure out an alternative to the traditional unity candle or sand ceremony. We are considering writing letters to each other and placing them into a tequila bottle to be opened on our 5th anniversary (similar to the wine box ceremony but with a Mexico twist). We would then do a shot at the end to celebrate.

Thoughts? Lame or cute? Would love to hear what other DW brides think! :)

We're doing both! I got "took a shot, tied the knot" shot glasses from oriental trading company (plastic), and the resort will serve them following the ceremony. We're also doing a sand ceremony during the ceremony!

Ooooh! I like this! Been noted. Although I worry about dribbling or coughing it up on my dress......would make for a hilarious picture though! lol

EDIT:

Uhhh, also do not google 'shot at the altar' . I thought I would find fun ideas to have a tequila/rum shot during a wedding ceremony......I really didn't think that through :o .

We're doing a mixed tequila shot, probably a blue agave margaritas, just for this lol. I'll be sure not to spill!!

• Like 1

Oh my goodness I didn't even think about spillage! I literally cant wear white for more than 10 minutes before I have spilt something down myself!!! DO they do bridal bibs??!!!! haha

Oh my goodness I didn't even think about spillage! I literally cant wear white for more than 10 minutes before I have spilt something down myself!!! DO they do bridal bibs??!!!! haha

I was worried about spillage. I never had a problem but my guests did. By that time my

Dress was black from dirt anyways so I didn't care lol. The pool jump cleaned it up

I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@calgarybride2015 Hey!!! Congrats on your recent wedding! Hope everything turned out great  :D

@@calgarybride2015 Hey!!! Congrats on your recent wedding! Hope everything turned out great :D

Thanks it was 100% perfect :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like the perfect start to a ceremony or end.  I love it.  I"m going to discuss this with the FI.  :) 

I wonder how much extra this would cost to do at the resort.  

How did anyone incorporate this? I have wanted to do it, and said I was, but now that i am writing my vows... How do I throw "lets all take a shot" in there from the minister?! :)