I bought a mini instant camera and thought it would be fun for our guest book. I am having a hard time finding a book to use though. Any suggestions? I am also wondering if I should have some sort of tape at the table or the type of book to slide the photos in.

Also any suggestions for wording on a sign at the table. A cute way to ask my guests to take their pictures and write a few words.

Thanks!

• Like 2

We're doing this too!  I got a guestbook room Etsy!  I made a sign copying the stuff I saw on etsy haha... it was pretty easy

I wrote: "Shake it like a polaroid picture" across the top then wrote "Please leave your photo and best wishes for the Mr. and Mrs." in a nice font underneath.  I'll post a pic in my planning thread soon!

I got washi tape to use originally but then today I went to Michaels and got photo corners. I'm thinking I'll stick them on in advance so guests just have to slide their pics into the 2 corners.  I want them to write a message too so I didn't want them to take too long figuring out how to put it in the book.  I also got some photo props and stamps that I'll put on the table

• Like 1

I am doing the same thing! We bought the camera, tried it out and love it. We bought props on a stick for under 5 bucks and found a book on etsy.

Look up  LiuMy on etsy.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I wish I had thought of it earlier. We leave in less than 2 weeks so probably Esty won't work now. Maybe if I can find a canadian seller?

Even with a Canadian seller you'd have to move quick!!! And they'd have to ship immediately.   I just shipped something from AB to ON and it took over a week!!!

Have you poked around Michaels or Walmart?

Another idea would be Amazon, they have that super fast shipping for free if you purchase over $25 ... if it's amazon selling it.

Yeah I wouldn't risk it at this point!  Def. check out Michaels or Walmart, or check any specialty stationary stores.  Not sure where in Canada you are but there are a couple stores in Toronto that specialize in that type of stuff

We're doing this too! I got a guestbook room Etsy! I made a sign copying the stuff I saw on etsy haha... it was pretty easy

I wrote: "Shake it like a polaroid picture" across the top then wrote "Please leave your photo and best wishes for the Mr. and Mrs." in a nice font underneath. I'll post a pic in my planning thread soon!

I got washi tape to use originally but then today I went to Michaels and got photo corners. I'm thinking I'll stick them on in advance so guests just have to slide their pics into the 2 corners. I want them to write a message too so I didn't want them to take too long figuring out how to put it in the book. I also got some photo props and stamps that I'll put on the table

I just went and looked on Esty. One seller says she can ship in 3-7 days. Do you remember how long it took to get yours? Thanks for mentioning Esty. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one shipped out in time.

Even with a Canadian seller you'd have to move quick!!! And they'd have to ship immediately. I just shipped something from AB to ON and it took over a week!!!

Have you poked around Michaels or Walmart?

Another idea would be Amazon, they have that super fast shipping for free if you purchase over $25 ... if it's amazon selling it.

I have looked in Michael's and couldn't really find what I wanted. I will check Amazon though. Good idea!

@@Sara1603 - I think it was a couple of weeks to a month to be honest. I find a lot of stuff on Etsy takes a while b/c they often make the stuff when you order it. If the seller has it ready to ship, maybe? It'd still be a risk... but maybe you can pay for upgraded shipping and hope for the best

I last minute ordered a tulle ballerina skirt from Calgary a week before my Bridal shower... paid extra for express shipping because based on the guidelines I'd get it in 2 days to Toronto. Well she took 2 days to get it TO the mailbox so it arrived 2 days after my shower.  After that, I've been pretty wary about shipping things and getting them on time

@@Sara1603 - I think it was a couple of weeks to a month to be honest. I find a lot of stuff on Etsy takes a while b/c they often make the stuff when you order it. If the seller has it ready to ship, maybe? It'd still be a risk... but maybe you can pay for upgraded shipping and hope for the best

I last minute ordered a tulle ballerina skirt from Calgary a week before my Bridal shower... paid extra for express shipping because based on the guidelines I'd get it in 2 days to Toronto. Well she took 2 days to get it TO the mailbox so it arrived 2 days after my shower.  After that, I've been pretty wary about shipping things and getting them on time

Ouch! You are right. I would be pretty upset to pay extra for rush and still not get it. I'm sure if I look around I'll find something....

Maybe a scarp booking album. I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator. I have such trouble making final decisions and then wind up in rush mode. Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it :)