How Long Should Photos Take?

How long will it/did it take your photographer to get photos to you? I'm pretty sure mine say two weeks - it's been three so not a huge deal but I'm so anxious. We get them via online photo gallery and they have about half of them edited and uploaded. I had emailed them last week asking and don't want to be a pain but really want the rest of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chelseapaige37

Most photographers that do more than a couple touch ups will need 8-12 weeks to properly edit their artwork. This is normal. There are some that are much quicker but that may be because of less edits or taking on less clients. Every artist has their own style and knows how long they need to ensure a quality product. Follow the expectations as detailed in your contract and if it's not detailed make sure you ask. 2 weeks seems super quick! Lucky girl!

oh wow! On my contract it says 3 days to get the photos! Maybe that is a Dominican thing?

It likely means that your photographer will take standard shots and are used to quick turnarounds. Hotel supplied photographers often work this way. There is nothing wrong with it if the style is what you are looking for... But generally the more artistic/original the shots... The more editing and attention to detail will be required. There are these type of photographers in every country- so it's not a DR thing, just shows differences that can be found between vendors!

oh wow! On my contract it says 3 days to get the photos! Maybe that is a Dominican thing?

My photographer will have my photos available to view within a few days. She can't promise mine will be done and edited before I leave though. I'll pick the

Ones I want in my photo book hopefully before I leave though!

She did request we all remove our wrist bands though lol apparently they are a pain to edit out!!!

I'm not into the over edited photos so this works for me - call me plain and non artistic lol. But as said above all photographers are different.

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

How long will it/did it take your photographer to get photos to you? I'm pretty sure mine say two weeks - it's been three so not a huge deal but I'm so anxious. We get them via online photo gallery and they have about half of them edited and uploaded. I had emailed them last week asking and don't want to be a pain but really want the rest of them!

I think this time frame is realistic but if it's busy season it may take longer. I bet that's the issue right now. My photos done at home took about 2 weeks but he wasn't doing shoots everyday. I'd give them

Another week then ask if you know they said 2 weeks.

How do the ones posted look?

Edited by calgarybride2015

• 3 weeks later...

Generally 4-8 weeks, 12 weeks for some. My sister in law who is a professional photographer likes to get them done within 4 weeks even though she tells her brides 8 weeks. I get mine on Thursday from her, which will be 5-6 weeks.