On The Verge Of A Total Melt Down! But Trying To Be Positive!

Okay , so I'm really trying to stay positive about our wedding day!All was going well, with just 29 days to go, myself and my Fiance were getting ready to all the last minute checks, and details!I had my Hen party last night, and was feeling great! 

I was on Tripadvisor this morning, and I saw that the resort hosting our wedding had shut down this week, and didn't bother to inform us!!!!!! 

We are both in shock, as we had been talking to the events planner a few days ago! 

We had some bumps along the road, with the resort, but we never expected this to happen. In hindsight I wish we had jumped ship, and found a different resort, back in the summer when we were having some issues with our contract. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Now with less than a month to go to our big day, and 77 guests attending our wedding, we are back to square one!!! Thankfully, we don't have many out of town guests, the majority live in Jamaica( My fiances is Jamaican) . My guests from home( all 3 of them), have accommodation at a different resort (Thank God!!!).  

My Fiances parents live in Jamaica, and they said they'll start looking for a new venue ASAP!!! I'm guessing they will be calling in a lot of favors! All we can do now is pray for a Christmas miracle, that his parents will find a new venue on short notice!   

I can't help but feel  disappointed, all of our planning out the window.. I haven't stopped crying all day, my stomach is in knots with worry... I love to be in control of things, and I hate surprises, so having his parents re-organize our big day is making me freak out! I know I should be thankful, that they are going to great lengths to give us a wonderful day, and don't get me wrong, I do really appreciate all of their efforts. But it is just not going to be the day WE planned on having.... I feel like such a spoiled brat for even complaining, but I can't help how I feel.

Anyways, I feel like I'm just rambling on.... but I just needed to get it all off my chest! 

Edited by stefadile

Hugs!

First off, you are NOT a spoiled brat.  You are reacting to the situation the way any normal person would!!!!!

You have a wedding planned, you have paid to hold your wedding spot, to vacation there, and you have family who has also invested time and money to be there --- you should be pissed and upset and angry.....

Thankfully your family in Jamaica is able to run around and sort out some details for you.   Hopefully that will put your mind at ease some.

Have you tried to contact the resort?  The airline? (I don't know how your packages work from Ireland - do you book everything separately?)   I would certainly be seeking out some recourse! 

Your day will still be beautiful and magical and special no matter where it is held. I know that is hard to see now, but you will be with your fiance, your friends, and your family.  Your marriage will be beautiful.  Hang in there... please keep us posted.

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015

Thanks for the reply! I'm just a mix of emotions right now!! I'm angry, upset and disappointed...

We've tried to call, but didn't get anywhere. My Fiance's Mum is going to head down the Hotel tomorrow, to see if she can get anywhere. Thankfully the Reverend who filed our marriage license, is a family friend, so we should have no problem getting our paper work, and getting legally married.... which was my main concern.

Unfortunately we booked everything separately, flights , hotel /honeymoon, wedding etc... We were lucky enough to head over to Jamaica last year, and that's when we booked the venue. We only sorted our flights and honeymoon out, when we got back home. 

Accommodation isn't too much of a concern, as we were planning on spending Christmas with his parents anyways, so an extra few days won't be a problem!

I'm just having a hard with the thought of leaving the planning  of our wedding in his parents hands, especially since we've both invested so much time into the day..... 

Hopefully we'll know more by tomorrow.... but for now all we can do is sit tight, and hope that it all comes together somehow!!! 

• Like 1

Wow! So sorry that you are having to deal with this!  Take a deep breath - you WILL get through this!

It would be helpful for others to know which hotel is being discussed - perhaps it will inform others before they have to encounter your level of shock.

It is very fortunate that you have family and the majority of your guests in Jamaica both from the standpoint of wedding accommodations and local assistance at this point in the re-location process.  

However, as nice as it is of your future in-laws to help you search for a replacement venue, I would suggest that more than one party be involved in that - and overseen by you as much as possible - in somewhat of an accelerated re-play of the initial search.  It's very possible that another venue will be found and secured but it should be a place that fits your vision of the event.  How about contacting a local wedding planner in the area and enlisting their services.  They will have the contact info for properties and be able to determine which ones will match your vision and which of them are available for our date - much more quickly than anyone else.

Best wishes - please keep us posted!

• Like 2

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of this. What a horrible thing to have happen so close to your big day. And yes, you're fortunate to have family in Jamaica that can help you, but you're absolutely not being a spoiled brat. This is an important time and of course you want to be in control of the situation!

Deep breath! TAKathy is right. It will come together. It might be a little bit of work (what wedding isn't!) but it will work out. What about the travel agent you used to book? Could they also be of any help trying to contact properties to see who has what? Again, I agree that more than one person needs to be involved, if only for your own peace of mind!

Good luck and definitely let us know how you're getting on!

• Like 1

Okay, so relieved!!! We got a recommendation for a hotel, from TripAdvisor, and we sent my future in-laws down there this morning. It turns out the manager, and my future in-laws know each other from before!!! The hotel are available for our wedding, and have been super accommodating. We spoke to them for nearly an hour , going through everything. We've just booked them! I can't begin to explain how relieved we feel!!! Thank you all for your kind and positive words! I can finally see light at be the end of the tunnel!!! :-) :-)

• Like 2

Okay, so relieved!!! We got a recommendation for a hotel, from TripAdvisor, and we sent my future in-laws down there this morning. It turns out the manager, and my future in-laws know each other from before!!! The hotel are available for our wedding, and have been super accommodating. We spoke to them for nearly an hour , going through everything. We've just booked them! I can't begin to explain how relieved we feel!!! Thank you all for your kind and positive words! I can finally see light at be the end of the tunnel!!! :-) :-)

Good to hear!

What was the original hotel that closed? Who are you going to now?

• Like 1