How Much Are Your Guests Paying?

Brandii

@@chelseapaige37 That's a great tip! I like that idea of e-mailing the airline for a quote! Definitely make sense that the travel agent has to math that. I just hope they don't let the travel agent know what we're doing! lol. We're going with WestJet so just waiting on pricing to come out. I would love it if we could keep it at that $1700 mark and under. We keep getting quotes of $1850-$2000 which seems crazy to me for PV. Good to know about the beach. I'm more of a pool person but know some people like to swim in the ocean and go snorkelling. Can't please everyone though! 

Edited by peachykeen159

@@chelseapaige37 That's a great tip! I like that idea of e-mailing the airline for a quote! Definitely make sense that the travel agent has to math that. I just hope they don't let the travel agent know what we're doing! lol. We're going with WestJet so just waiting on pricing to come out. I would love it if we could keep it at that $1700 mark and under. We keep getting quotes of $1850-$2000 which seems crazy to me for PV. Good to know about the beach. I'm more of a pool person but know some people like to swim in the ocean and go snorkelling. Can't please everyone though!

Westjet usually has great rates but their group policies are the most strict out of all the airlines - the least amount of flexibility so just read your contract carefully! If you are partial to westjet but get a cheaper rate from another airline, see if they will price match. Most will especially for groups!

Puerto Vallarta is getting more and more expensive - I hadn't been before getting married there and we fell in love. Have you been? I Mean, you certainly do not get the crystal blue water like the Mayan but I think the beaches are gorgeous, especially out of town. Plus the jungle/mountains are beautiful and the city is amazing. I was shocked at how much everyone fell in love with it.

If you do go and have any questions about activities, let me know! We did a private catamaran day and it was the highlight of the trip. We didn't be the option to snorkel and everyone who did said there was lots to see despite the darker water. I still have yet to do my review as I was hoping to get professional pictures in it and do not have mine yet - but I will post it in the Puerto Vallarta section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@chelseapaige37 I have a preference for Air Canada but unfortunately their flights out of Saskatoon to Puerto Vallarta aren't the greatest. If it was just me I wouldn't mind the overnight layovers but I couldn't do that to guests. WestJet isn't my favourite, but they were the best for flights. Their flight times allow for everyone to fly to Calgary from all over the the country so we can leave on the same flight out of Calgary with a 2-3 hour layover. Could be fun to get the party started in Calgary airport was my thinking :)

I am concerned about the contract with WestJet though, I hope no changes have to be made once we have our confirmed numbers. Kind of hard getting them to quote when they want exact numbers but people won't go for sure until they know the price!

I've never been to Puerto Vallarta so a part of me is panicking! We were originally thinking of the Mayan so we went in January to check out resorts. Once we started getting pricing, they were all coming in around that $2000 mark. Originally PV was supposed to be cheaper but it's still coming pretty close. We fell in love with the idea of Las Caletas for our wedding so we've decided to stick with it regardless of the price for Now Amber/Secrets Vallarta. I've heard PV is great though for a group because you can do nothing but lay by the pool or you can get active and do so much more there. I will definitely let you know if I have anymore questions :)

Can't wait to read your review!

My guests are paying about $1475.00 per person for a week at the Now Jade in the Riviera Cancun, which is a 5 star resort and includes airfare (flying out of Cleveland OH), transfers, hotel, food, booze, the whole nine yards.  I've stayed there twice before and the food is EXCELLENT--at every other all inclusive hotel I've stayed at, I've walked away saying the food was "just okay," but this resort's restaurants are really above and beyond. Overall I think it's a good value, and my guests have said so as well--we have 40 people booked!

• Like 2

My guests are paying about $1475.00 per person for a week at the Now Jade in the Riviera Cancun, which is a 5 star resort and includes airfare (flying out of Cleveland OH), transfers, hotel, food, booze, the whole nine yards.  I've stayed there twice before and the food is EXCELLENT--at every other all inclusive hotel I've stayed at, I've walked away saying the food was "just okay," but this resort's restaurants are really above and beyond. Overall I think it's a good value, and my guests have said so as well--we have 40 people booked!

That's a great price from Canadian standards, but how many nights are included?

@@calgarybride2015 Seven nights, Sunday-Sunday (June 14 - 21).  The prices fluctuate a little based on the airfare, too--some have paid less, and some have paid more.  The prices tend to go up the closer you get, since the flights get more full.

Some people opted to go for four nights, which is about $1124.44.

As another bride mentioned, DEFINITELY get a travel agent.  The prices my agent is giving everyone for the entire package is way better than if everyone had booked independently, plus it just makes everything easier :)

@@calgarybride2015 Seven nights, Sunday-Sunday (June 14 - 21).  The prices fluctuate a little based on the airfare, too--some have paid less, and some have paid more.  The prices tend to go up the closer you get, since the flights get more full.

Some people opted to go for four nights, which is about $1124.44.

As another bride mentioned, DEFINITELY get a travel agent.  The prices my agent is giving everyone for the entire package is way better than if everyone had booked independently, plus it just makes everything easier :)

Awesome find, IMO, for that resort and 7 nights.  Good job!!

I also agree, I used a travel agent and I got some great group booking bonuses... She also handled everything for our 40 guests that I wouldn't/couldn't have done on my own!!!

Okay, what is your secret to getting people to book? My wedding is 6 days before yours in Jamaica and we only have 7 people who have booked (none of which are our family). At least 25 others have said they are for sure coming, but haven't put down that darn $150 deposit, which is driving me crazy.

Okay, what is your secret to getting people to book? My wedding is 6 days before yours in Jamaica and we only have 7 people who have booked (none of which are our family). At least 25 others have said they are for sure coming, but haven't put down that darn $150 deposit, which is driving me crazy.

Our deposit is $150 too. Other than my FI's parents, sister, and nephew, NO ONE else from his side has booked yet--it's literally all my family and friends.  He has all these high hopes for his groomsmen, but I am beyond stressed that they won't be able to organize themselves enough to actually make the effort to book and put down the deposit!

As for only 7 people booking, I swear I had no one book at all for several months, and then they all seemed to book at once--virtually all 40 of my guests so far booked within a 2 week span, so don't worry--you still have lots of time!

It's funny how predictable and unpredictable people can be! I will just be super bummed if the resort sells out and people can't stay with us. It pretty much defeats the purpose (plus those $160 day passes will bust our budget). I am thinking of sending out a reminder email today to our invitees - before everyone gets too distracted by the holidays. We also want to know who is planning to travel solo so we can pair them up for the double occupancy rate. We're happy to play matchmaker if it makes the trip more affordable for people!

Our deposit is $150 too. Other than my FI's parents, sister, and nephew, NO ONE else from his side has booked yet--it's literally all my family and friends.  He has all these high hopes for his groomsmen, but I am beyond stressed that they won't be able to organize themselves enough to actually make the effort to book and put down the deposit!

As for only 7 people booking, I swear I had no one book at all for several months, and then they all seemed to book at once--virtually all 40 of my guests so far booked within a 2 week span, so don't worry--you still have lots of time!