• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
  • 202 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Is it serious over $200?! Also is it necessary to get it boxed up etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

I don't think you need to box it. I don't know anyone else who has but not sure!? I just plan to have mine cleaned and store it in the garment bag. Would be curious to hear the justification as to why boxing is better!!

I'm a bit shocked at that price but then again not overly! Maybe call around?

Edited by calgarybride2015, 20 November 2014 - 10:35 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

I had mine cleaned at the resort after I did a trash the dress in the ocean and the pool" they charged me $80. The best money I spent! It came back looking and smelling amazing! It can cost $200-400 here so I am happy!

#4 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
  • 202 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

Oh crap I should have asked!!'the laundry service at my resort was ultra expensive though... Like $10 for a pair of pants. I'm making some calls and can let you ladies know what I find

#5 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

I know that preservation prevents it from getting yellow. Maybe that's the difference between the box and garment bag I'm guessing the more oxygen that touches the dress the quicker it will become yellow because it's an oxidation process.

event.png

#6 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

Our resort was also ridiculously expensive for all other laundry services...but usually the wedding dress is around this price. They actually called twice after I sent it down to confirm that I was ok with the charge!!

#7 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

I had two quotes - one was $300 and the other was I think $240 so the quote you got is actually pretty good. I was told if there is beading, crystals, etc. that's where the work is in getting it cleaned, since they don't want everything to come off.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#8 jackielemman

jackielemman
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:37 AM

I don't want to freak you all out but, my amazing designer wedding dress was dropped off at a reputable dry cleaners in Austin and it came back with a gigantic tear above the bustle-- larger than my head. Luckily the dry cleaners is taking responsibility but the dress absolutely cannot be fixed. its hand beaded lace. Please, make sure when you drop off the dress to get a written note from the cashier of any damage on the dress. That way when you get the dress back and there is something wrong with it there is no question as to who is responsible. This was standard policy at my dry cleaners but I can see this not being practiced at most dry cleaners. 

There is no price on the sentimental value of your wedding dress. Its been a huge headache and its been almost 4 weeks of having to deal with this. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users