Tomorrow is our deposit deadline, we need 20 deposits in order to get the booking going. We have 32 invited, so we figured we were good, since they're all immediate family. We had to deduct four of those because they're coming from the states, so they don't count on the numbers. Then my father, and sister decided not to bring anyone and room together instead. Then my two bridesmaids decided not to bring their SO's and room together as well. Then my FSIL sends us a message saying the three of them were planning to come, but they're trying to get pregnant, so they can't put down deposits until later. Now we're down to 19. Then my sister decides that she doesn't want to book with us because the flight times are inconvenient. (that's why I gave you two different options to fly out of!). Now we're down to 17 and at risk of having our booking cancelled.
First step was calling my mother and telling her that if my sister doesn't book with us TODAY, I'm cancelling the wedding. She called my sister and she's going to book tonight. So now I'm back to 19. Still need one more, though.
So now we're considering putting down the deposits for the three of them regardless, and if they can't come, we need to find people to take the spots. Waiting to hear from LaurieLee whether or not we can put down deposits without names on them.
Any words of wisdom from someone who's been through this?