Looking for other brides that had their wedding at SGR....
We are booked, and I have my call with the coordinator next week
Plan on just sticking with the basic package, and adding a structure for the beach, a band for the reception portion, a few décor touches (pink paper lanterns!!!) and photography.
Here are my questions
1) Notarized Birth Certificate- my pre-planner seems a bit flakey, and I am worried we are submitting the wrong thing. Believe we can notarize photo copies of our original BC, and just hand carry the originals when we travel?
2) How do the photography packages work? I am ok with just 48 pics (only will be use and parents so don't need a whole lot!). I am assuming they take a bunch, then you choose which you want to buy? Can you add extra prints after the fact and pay per picture?
3) Reception- I only want to take advantage of the 30 minute reception and hire a calypso band for that time. Then, the 5 of us will do dinner at one of the 15 restaurants on site. I think its silly to spend the extra $$$ when we are at an AI!!!! Thinking of having the reception at the Bayside Café (steaks and seafood). since this is a more casual restaurant, I know we wont need an RSVP so thinking it might be an easier option. Wondering how the food there is?
4) We are not having a butler room. Will anyone at the resort steam my dress/his suit?
5) Did anyone take advantage of the $500 jewelry credit? How are the bands? I think that would be great for FI since he just wants a super clean and simple band. Save some money
I really just want a simple simple simple wedding and really excited that we found this at Sandals!!!
If anyone has examples of photos they wouldn't mind sharing, I would love to see
OH! And what about the beach? I know the beach itself is smaller (but great for sunbathing!).... are the beach weddings more secluded? I don't want a thousand people milling around