Best Wedding Locations

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 islandbride2016

• 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

I just recently got engaged and want to get married in Jamaica. Looking at wedding locations any suggestions?

#2 kmk2016

• Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

Best advice is to find a great TA who specializes in destination weddings... They will be able to offer suggestions based on your wedding budget, you ideal guest costs, the look and feel you are wanting, and the amenities you require! Once you have them narrow it down for you, check here for wedding reviews and past brides comments about the resorts in question as the folks here are invaluable! Good luck and happy planning!

#3 acw271011

• Moderators
    • 3,123 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

I got married in Jamaica and we fell in love with the island. There are so many beautiful resorts available for hosting your wedding. We were married at Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica so of course I'm biased in favour of that resort! lol but @kmk2016 is absolutely right in terms of working with a travel agent to find a location that works for you. And there are lots of Jamaica brides here - both past and present so looking through the forums here will definitely help you through your planning journey.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#4 sasha2016

• 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:16 AM

We are considering a private villa on the beach or a private location on the beach so that we have privacy and we can do what we want and go as long as we want into the night.

#5 JA2012

• 334 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'd suggest looking at some off resort and day of wedding venues. That way you can have your wedding the way you want it to be with less restrictions than what the typical hotel offers which can really add up. If you choose to go the hotel route, ensure that you have everything in writing and guaranteed before you get there. My friend recently got married at a well known JA hotel and had a tough time because the original staff she was dealing with changed and then they charged her for everything she was promised to get for free.

#6 Soon2beMrsJ

• 121 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

Congrats on your engagement! We're getting married in April at the Royalton White Sands, it's about 30 minutes from the Montego Bay airport. We visited in May and loved it. The wedding planner there (Chandlyn) is excellent and the grounds are beautiful, plus lots of choices for ceremony and reception spots. I can email you photos we took while we're there if you like, just let me know.

Happy Planning!  :)

#7 jamaicanbride2015

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

We have been working with Helen G Events and she helped us find this gorgeous private villa in Ocho Rios. This way we can do exactly what we want and our guests can stay at an all inclusive close. We also looked at other locations but liked the idea of a private villa in Jamaica.

#8 shugapop1

• 868 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

congrats on your engagement, we did ours at Sandals Whitehouse and it was amazing. we chose there because all the rooms were ocean view, so noone had gto upgrade to have view of ocean and all have private balconies, loved it. www.sandals.com/whitehouse

Hi ladies! I haven't seen any posts about arch or gazebo ceremony decor, so I thought I'd try to get it started. 

What are your plans?

i did orange sheer fabric on my gazebo for decorations it was perfect

#9 Samantha2015

• 8 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 14, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Trident Hotel Jamaica
            • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

I just recently got engaged and want to get married in Jamaica. Looking at wedding locations any suggestions?

Trident Hotel or Strawberry Hills Resort (best locations in my opinion for weddings :) )

We Did! 

#10 rachelchic81

• 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

We got married in Jamaica and have vacationed there since.  There are so many great locations to fit just about whatever you are looking for.  Montego bay is more of the city but plenty of resorts there that offer wedding packages on the resort.  Negril area has a lot of smaller hotels with the beautiful beach but may lack privacy if you are doing a beach ceremony.  The cliffs will offer more privacy but not beach.  Still amazingly beautiful though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users