#11 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

we chose to rent a hurricane vase from the resort and brought shells and votives to put inside them. the resort filled them with sand for us. the price to rent the vases was ridiculous - $30 each maybe? but it was a lot less expensive than getting the whole centerpiece from them. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#12 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

we chose to rent a hurricane vase from the resort and brought shells and votives to put inside them. the resort filled them with sand for us. the price to rent the vases was ridiculous - $30 each maybe? but it was a lot less expensive than getting the whole centerpiece from them.

That is nuts! My resort charged $35 for a large flower centerpiece in a glass vase. I asked to rent the vase only and didn't get far so I bought the Blume boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#13 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

yep. it's nuts. I'd rather pay $30 for a vase and $2 to fill it with shells than $60 for what they wanted... but it's all perspective. We knew a lot of decorations would be way overpriced. We kept it simple, and only spent $$ on the few things that really added to the evening. I wouldn't do anything different from a decoration perspective - it really was lovely. 

That is nuts! My resort charged $35 for a large flower centerpiece in a glass vase. I asked to rent the vase only and didn't get far so I bought the Blume boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users