6 replies to this topic

#1 ASmooth

ASmooth
  • 39 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:23 AM

What is everyone doing about inviting their bosses??

I work for a small company but we have over 100 staff.  Im inviting people i directly work with like my supervisor that i report to and a few co workers.  Im friendly with a lot of people in the office but im just inviting the ones i directly work with.

Now the Administrator of the company over sees my dept.  I work with her often and we go back and forth a lot during the week.  Im not sure if i should invite her.  Ive known her for 8 years!! She was so excited to hear about my engagement but shes also the head of the company.  Is it weird to invite her??
Most of my co-workers have invited her to their weddings and shes gone to a few. 

Also, im not sure i have her correct address. Is it awful to hand deliver the invite?? Or should i try and get her address??

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think you should invite people who mean something to you and who you want at your wedding. Just because you've known her for 8 years doesn't mean she gets an auto invite. Just my opinion!

I invited 2 coworkers to Mexico. Both are super close to me outside of work. One I knew before we became coworkers and she is also a bridesmaid.

We hand delivered invites. I don't see this as tacky, well amongst my family and friends anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 27 October 2014 - 10:55 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

My boss is considered a friend and I invited her... You shouldn't feel obligated, but invite her if you want them a part of your special day! Hand delivery is fine!

#4 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
  • 246 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

I did invite my boss. I work at a nursing home and she is my director of nursing. We do not always get along, but she treats me like a daughter and acts like a mother. So even though I doubt she will go I think it is a very nice gesture. I asked for her address and sent it to her in the mail.

#5 Mangosong

Mangosong
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

@ASmooth I think it's up to you and your relationship with them. I personally have a rule about inviting co-workers - work is work, social is social and the two don't mix.

It's not that I don't like my co-workers, I do. I just don't want hurt feelings, one over the other, etc. And I just feel like [for me] it should just be kept separate.

#6 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

I am inviting my boss. She's going to be in Mexico for business and knowing that I think she's expecting an invite. Things would be weird and uncomfortable if I didn't invite her bc she takes this stuff personally. But that's me.

#7 spjwedding

spjwedding
  • 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
  • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

I invited my boss because I've known him and his wife for years now and they're  more friends than just a boss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users