24 replies to this topic

#21 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

From my experience with my clients and applying to myself, the airbrush is usually worth it for a special event such as a wedding, especially considering the heat and humidity. I especially like it because you don't have to worry about rub off during dances/hugs/etc. If you aren't oily/sweaty, you certainly could skip the airbrush but I would definitely recommend a setting spray, a good primer, some blotting sheets, and some setting powder to reapply during the day. A good foundation applied with a flat top kabuki gives a similar look to the airbrushing, just forfeits the longevity factor. Hope that helps...either way, I am sure you'll look beautiful  

#22 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

From my experience with my clients and applying to myself, the airbrush is usually worth it for a special event such as a wedding, especially considering the heat and humidity. I especially like it because you don't have to worry about rub off during dances/hugs/etc. If you aren't oily/sweaty, you certainly could skip the airbrush but I would definitely recommend a setting spray, a good primer, some blotting sheets, and some setting powder to reapply during the day. A good foundation applied with a flat top kabuki gives a similar look to the airbrushing, just forfeits the longevity factor. Hope that helps...either way, I am sure you'll look beautiful  

that's very helpful. I think I'll splurge here and get the airbrush ;). After all it is a very special occasion and I want to look good! haha

event.png

#23 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:43 PM

I just started using a 4-1 product (SPF, primer, foundation, powder) by pure minerals -- she recommended I use it with a kabuki brush and wow I can totally see the difference in coverage (I'm sure it's in part to both products)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 27 November 2014 - 04:44 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#24 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

I'm so jealous that your resort offers air brush! Mine doesn't and I just cannot stomach the vendor fee to bring someone in to do it - especially since I don't have a bridal party so it would just be for me. I would probably pay the $200 if they did. I'm getting married in June and I'm a MAJOR sweater (ugh), but I did my own make up for my sister's wedding in Mexico last July and I don't think I look bad in the pictures from the end of the night so I'm hoping I'll be okay!

#25 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm so jealous that your resort offers air brush! Mine doesn't and I just cannot stomach the vendor fee to bring someone in to do it - especially since I don't have a bridal party so it would just be for me. I would probably pay the $200 if they did. I'm getting married in June and I'm a MAJOR sweater (ugh), but I did my own make up for my sister's wedding in Mexico last July and I don't think I look bad in the pictures from the end of the night so I'm hoping I'll be okay!

Yeah I think if I had to pay $800 to bring someone in I would probably get the regular makeup. Have you tried asking your resort whether they would charge you anyway for a service that the resort doesn't offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users