Photo

PA/NJ Girls - Dress Stores?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:50 PM

I am thinking about starting to look for a wedding dress and have heard so many horror stories about different bridal salons.

Can the PA / NJ girls post to this thread (both positive and negative) places to go and to be avoided?

Thanks!
    Alyssa

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

I didn't go to too many, but the ones that I liked are:
      Bridal Sophisticate (Media)
      Stella Maris (Holmes) - my girls got their BMs dresses here

Almost all of my friends have gotten their dresses here, but I wasn't a huge fan:
      Betty's (Clifton Heights)

This is a bit overpriced, but my friend who just got married got her dress here and loved it:
      Lizelles (Havertown)

I know a lot of people like Harleysville Bridal, but I didn't make it there.

#3 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
      • 298 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

I liked Bijou Bridal which is in Paramus, NJ. They are a bit pricey but have beautiful couture gowns if that is what you are looking for. Arlene's in Bloomfield, NJ also has couture gowns at lower prices. There are also a lot of bridal shops in Englewood, NJ on Palisades Ave. that have beautiful gowns as well.

#4 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

I was looking for a casual dress, so I shopped at a lot of bridesmaid dress stores. I went to 2 bridal stores: Harleysville Bridal & David's Bridal.

Harleysville Bridal was nice. Small and nice people working there.
          I ended up getting mine at David's Bridal in Conshohocken.
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#5 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

IT DEPENDS on where you live. What part of the city are you in?

side bar

too funny Heidi

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

Lady P - i live in Center City but am willing to travel within an hour

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:51 AM

I went to mostly places near me and not in the city, but here's what I can remember... I was also looking for a specific style that wasn't widely carried, so I had alot of trouble finding anything with a slim silhouette, and lace and beading.

Harleysville Bridal - the selection was pretty good. Mostly current styles, the people were nice. Really small shop. (I like small shops as opposed to the large warehouses). Prices seemed the same as elsewhere - average was around $1,000-1,500. I would have loved to support this store.

Ann Baileys - Doylestown - this is where I found my dress and they had the most that were in the style that I wanted, I swear I think I could've bought like 4 dresses from there. Kinda expensive though.

Country Bride - Bensalem - blah. I didn't like anything in this store and I didn't really like the people so much either.

Bridal Town - Skippack - this place looks like it is off a horror movie set. My sister got her dress here a few years ago and it was gorgeous, but they did not have 1 dress that wasn't puffy. Not one in the entire store. There were a few pretty puffy ones that I tried on that I even liked, but it didn't fit what I was looking for. The place is really weird looking though.

Sabrina Ann - Ardmore - Consignment bridal shop, wedding gowns. Ardmore, PA. - This is a bridal consignment shop and the dresses in the store were of really good quality. She will even take your name and contact you if something similar to what you are looking for comes in.

Eliza D - Montgomerville - this is mostly a bridesmaid store or if you are attending a wedding, but they had quite a few that could pass for bridal if you didn't want something too bridal-y. When I went there, I almost bought 4 dresses, cuz they were under $300 a piece and they were nice. The designer for a few of them was Scala.

That is all I can think of for now...

#8 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
                • 490 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

I got my dress at Lily's Boutique. Its located in Washington Twp, NJ the people in there are really nice.

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carlymcmullen

Bridal Town - Skippack - this place looks like it is off a horror movie set. My sister got her dress here a few years ago and it was gorgeous, but they did not have 1 dress that wasn't puffy. Not one in the entire store. There were a few pretty puffy ones that I tried on that I even liked, but it didn't fit what I was looking for. The place is really weird looking though.
                    OMG...I forgot about Bridal Town. I got my BM dress for my SIL's wedding there. That place was creepy! The woman who helped us looked like the old lady from "There's Something About Mary" (really really tan and wrinkly). Also, our dresses were supposed to be hunter green and white, and when they came in, they were all green. Definitely do NOT go there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users