• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

Thank you so much ladies! I decided to go back to the store to try it on again and look at some other dresses. I feel like I maybe got the wrong cut. Fortunately the store is pretty accommodating and will let me apply the deposit I gave onto another dress. Or, if I don't find anything else I like there, I won't be obligated to pay the balance/take the dress. I'd still be out $900, but at least it wouldn't be the full amount. 

#12 amanda2016

amanda2016
  • 90 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:St. Lucia
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

Have you tried it back on?

sliderId

#13 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

@amanda2016

Yes, I tried it on again.

I went back yesterday and I ended up getting a new dress. I'm SO glad I did. I am in love with what I got, couldn't stop staring in the mirror and now looking at pictures. I made the right choice.

Then what sealed the deal was after the store, after I put a new deposit down, I showed FI the dress I was going to wear. He says 'that's pretty and I see why you picked it and you look very pretty in it, but it doesn't wow me.'

#14 amanda2016

amanda2016
  • 90 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:St. Lucia
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

YAY!! I am so glad to hear you have found the one you LOVE!!

sliderId

#15 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

Glad you found a new dress. Yay!!!

I never really once thought my fiancé wouldn't be wowed with the dress. I figured it was everything - the marriage, the moment of seeing me, how I look as a whole that would just overwhelm him. I never once thought ' I wonder if this will wow him' I just picked what I loved cause I'm the one wearing it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#16 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yay!!!! That's brilliant news!!! Glad you've found your dress!!!! :-) :-)

#17 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

@stefadile Thanks!!! I'm SOOOOO happy I went back. The dress I got is so special. The one I had just seems a little cliche for Mexico now that I've looked at both. 

#18 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

My fiance is actually quite picky about fashion (super annoying) so I'm convinced he WON'T be wowed by any dress I pick! Pretty sure what will wow him is WAY out of our budget! That is probably why I haven't even started dress shopping...I gotta get on that :)

I never really once thought my fiancé wouldn't be wowed with the dress. I figured it was everything - the marriage, the moment of seeing me, how I look as a whole that would just overwhelm him. I never once thought ' I wonder if this will wow him' I just picked what I loved cause I'm the one wearing it. Lol.

#19 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

My fiance actually prefers short dresses hahah but I told him I'll be wearing a long one. I think it would wow him if I wore a mermaid dress (he's kind of a big fan of my butt ahaha) but I didn't feel like me in those types of dresses so I picked something I liked without really worrying about him :P. I think in the end they'll be wowed anyway because of the meaning of the moment and the fact that we are all going to be so happy :).

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users