#11 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
    Hey! here is the sunrise/sunset calender for your wedding month:
    http://www.sunrisesu...om/calendar.asp

I am getting married in May, when the sunsets about 15 minutes earlier.
    We are getting married at about 4, then I want the reception to start about 545 or 6. So that gives us time to do a few pics. I also want to maximize the partying time since it all has to shut down at 11!!
    Though I am a bit concerned about how hot the sun will be at 4 - I also don't want the sun beating down on me!
    I must be doing something wrong...8:15 p.m. sunset?
    I don't think so. Twilight times...hmmm?

#12 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
    • 292 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:19 PM

Wedding Date Confirmed for July 12, 2008. So excited!!!
      Thanks for all the help, you ladies rock!

#13 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
      • 554 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
        Wedding Date Confirmed for July 12, 2008. So excited!!!
        Thanks for all the help, you ladies rock!
        Congratulations!! That is so exiciting

#14 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
        • 433 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

That is exciting that you've got a date and a place! That's one of the most difficult parts of this whole planning process! I'm going to be getting married there in April and I think my ceremony is scheduled for 5:00 pm (sunset is at 7:09 that day). We'll then have dinner at 6:30 and then the dancing starts at 8:00, I think? I've been such a bad planner lately.... Anyway, I've been working with Monica and she's been great so far. I've got no complaints except about the photographer thing and that you can't have an outside vendor bring a cake in! Other than those things, everything has been going smoothly and I hope it continues! Good luck w/ your planning and let us know if you have any more questions as they arise!

#15 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
          • 292 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

Your posts have sure helped me to finally decide. Yeah so the Photographer thing is a real bummer. Have you girls found a photographer yet for your big day? I'm kind of on a budget, but willing to push the limit for the right photographer. Any suggestions??

#16 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
            • 433 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

Girls have used a variety of fantastic photographers which all range in price. I am using Claudia Rodriguez and so far, I love her! I've heard wonderful things about her work, as well, and she is definitely very reasonably priced.

#17 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
              • 554 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

There are definitly some great photographers on BDW.
                If you did a search for photographers - you will find tones. and there seems to be a good price range (to name a few: Sol, LEigh Miller, Elizabeth Medina, Claudia, Robin...Jonathon....hmm that is all that I can think of off the top of my head - but I know there are more). You can search their names and find their posts with links to their websites

I am bringing down my photographers from home. There is a great young couple who are trying to get into the destination wedding market, and they offered us a great deal. you can check them out at:
                Edmonton wedding photography by Rob & Lauren
                although they are still fairly new to wedding photography - I love their style and think they take some amazing pictures - they are also so incredibly sweet!

anyways - good luck!

#18 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
                • 292 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the referrals & suggestions, such beautiful work! There are so many qualified professionals, it's really hard to decide. Are any of them located right in the Riviera Maya area? I know some photographers charge travel costs if they are far out.

Question?
                  Since I have no choice but to include my photographer in my guestlist,
                  am I expected to cover the cost for my photographers 2 or 3 nt stay @ the hotel, in addition to the extra costs for my private events? Wondering, will it be less than or greater than $500. This is nuts!

#19 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
                  • 554 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hey! Yes Claudia is located right in the Mayan. I believe there are a few others as well.
                    Yes you would be expected to cover their hotel expense. I would guess it would work out to be about $500 for 1 person.

#20 brandoo

brandoo
                    • 69 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

There are some great photographers down in that area, Mrs.V is right... I tried for Elizabeth Medina, but she was booked for our date. I decided to put out the extra money and bring in our photographer from home. Heather Riley did our engagement photos: Nick & Holly. I'm confident you won't have a problem, how could you have bad pics with such a beautiful resort on the happiest day of your life anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users