El Dorado Royale wedding advice

Hi Shannon! (and others!),

Where are you doing your fondue reception? Are you having any music? Has anyone seen pics from a beach reception?...

I am doing the free Fuentes dinner as well and ceremony at Gazebo 55. I think we are just going to have our IPod with speakers, but we kind of need an emcee... what are you guys doing about that?

Great idea about the girls day out Shannon! I may just adopt that myself!

So this is a totally ADD post (I'm all over the place, but I've got to get it out while I'm thinking of it) but I looked at Lomas web-site to try and figure out how much a bouquet with orchids would be... $250?! Holy Cr#@ (can you use curse-word inuendos on forums?... how do forums work? I best not get kicked off for that). Anyway, if mine is $250, what the heck will they charge for my bridesmaids?! And then some floral decoration? I will NOT drop a grand on flowers. No.

All of this stuff is really adding up... maybe I'll carry one of those cute monkeys from the resort instead of flowers... may have fleas, but they're cute and free!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and am also having my wedding at EDR! I am booked for May 10th. Our plan is ceremony at 5:30 pm and dinner at 7 pm.

I didn't realize the Casitas Gazebo could only seat 15, thanks for that info. My original plan was to have the ceremony there then dinner at the Gaviotas location. We were only planning on having about 25 people attend. And we were looking at the Tucanes location for a Friday cocktail reception.

For photography, I really do have a friend in the business that is coming down for three nights and going to take my pics for me. So hopefully I shouldn't run into any problems with any extra fees.

So glad to have a found other EDR brides!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoo View Post
So this is a totally ADD post (I'm all over the place, but I've got to get it out while I'm thinking of it) but I looked at Lomas web-site to try and figure out how much a bouquet with orchids would be... $250?! Holy Cr#@ (can you use curse-word inuendos on forums?... how do forums work? I best not get kicked off for that). Anyway, if mine is $250, what the heck will they charge for my bridesmaids?! And then some floral decoration? I will NOT drop a grand on flowers. No.

All of this stuff is really adding up... maybe I'll carry one of those cute monkeys from the resort instead of flowers... may have fleas, but they're cute and free!
Orchids are really expensive but it's because they have to import them. Cymbidiums are typically expensive in the states too in my experience b/c it takes forever to grow them. If you want your BM to have orchids, consider mixing it with another flower such as roses. This should greatly decrease your costs.

Hi girls,

Valeria teamed me up with Lomas for our suite & casita reservation needs. I'm curious to know if any of you ladies are dealing with Lomas as well, and how that's going? Also If I'm understanding correctly, Lomas only reserves room reservations right? Well if so, what is everyone doing about airfare?smile35.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08 View Post
Your posts have sure helped me to finally decide. Yeah so the Photographer thing is a real bummer. Have you girls found a photographer yet for your big day? I'm kind of on a budget, but willing to push the limit for the right photographer. Any suggestions??
Using Elizabeth Medina who's work is AMAZING!!! She's taken some pics at EDR before which you can find if you look around this site.

I wouldn't let the photographer thing get you down. Get a room for your photographer (which they will want anyway) and then put them on your guest list... I'll let you know how that goes for us very soon!!!

Quote:
Hi Shannon! (and others!),
I am doing the free Fuentes dinner as well and ceremony at Gazebo 55. I think we are just going to have our IPod with speakers, but we kind of need an emcee... what are you guys doing about that?
We're doing El Cocotal since it seemed a little more intimate. For the reception, we put together all of our own music and one of our friends will MC the evening...

Quote:
So this is a totally ADD post (I'm all over the place, but I've got to get it out while I'm thinking of it) but I looked at Lomas web-site to try and figure out how much a bouquet with orchids would be... $250?!
We chose a tropical bouquet and they're making the bridesmaids' for around $10-$20 less each. Probably spend something like $200-$300 and then we'll use the bridesmaid ones as center pieces...

Quote:
They have to make their money somehow. There are lots of little ways that they can get the total bill to add up. You just need to pick and choose, and be careful... I'd recommend riding in on the donkey over carrying a monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bre View Post
Orchids are really expensive but it's because they have to import them. Cymbidiums are typically expensive in the states too in my experience b/c it takes forever to grow them. If you want your BM to have orchids, consider mixing it with another flower such as roses. This should greatly decrease your costs.
You also need to order your orchids at least 60 days ahead if I remember correctly. I can't imagine too many people going withthem due to the hassle, cost, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08 View Post
Hi girls,

Valeria teamed me up with Lomas for our suite & casita reservation needs. I'm curious to know if any of you ladies are dealing with Lomas as well, and how that's going? Also If I'm understanding correctly, Lomas only reserves room reservations right? Well if so, what is everyone doing about airfare?

There are plenty of posts around here explaining this relationship. Everyone who has a wedding at EDR plans it through Lomas. Valeria works for Lomas. They work along with EDR to do the planning...

We're using a fantastic TA who has taken care of everything travel related, so I'm not sure who she has been booking all of our rooms with. I would imagine that it's Lomas, but could be direct with the resort.

As far as other travel arrangements (don't forget transfers from airport to resort,) you'll need to do them on your own or get someone to do them for you. If you need help with that PM me and I can hook you up with our TA who has been basically perfect!

You will use Valeria to plan all of the on-resort events and the details of your wedding. She will help you book all of your amenities (spas, massage, honeymoon dinner, group dinner, etc...) She will also help organize the ceremony with regards to time, location, minister, etc...

Hope that helps clear things up for you.