5 replies to this topic

#1 ASmooth

ASmooth
  • 39 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

My invitations have been printed an are on their way to me. 
My travel agent just called and told me she is moving to a different store.  Her email will stay the same but her phone # is changing.  All my invites have been printed with her old number.  How can i let my guests know that her number is incorrect without it looking stupid.

My sister suggested putting a label over it with the correct info. I hate that!! I spent a lot of money on these and don't want them ruined with a label!!! The people who made the invites offered me a re-print at a discounted rate but its just so much to spend on something i already spent enough on.

Im going to update her info on the wedding website but not everyone looks at that.  Any ideas how i can fix this without it looking too tacky???

#2 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

@ASmooth wow that would annoy me to death so i understand why youre upset! Can your travel agent set up forwarding services? So that when they call the old number, the calls will be forwarded to her new one?

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#3 TAkathy

TAkathy
  • Insiders
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

I agree with @ASmooth if this can be done it is easiest but this may be a Travel Agency with many agents so not possible.

Short of that, perhaps you can add a small small but noticeable enclosure with the new phone # which is obviously presented with the invitation.  In a bright or noticeable color and brief message indicating a change from what is on the invite.

Or

Do a cut-out design co-ordinating with your invitation (star-fish, shell, flower, etc) that the note is secured to and attach this to the invitation via a thin piece of ribbon taped on the back.  This will get people's attention without detracting from the invite itself. 

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#4 ASmooth

ASmooth
    • 39 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas
    • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

@smileitseb it is so bothering me but i keep telling myself not to stress it.  The timimg was impecable though.  I had just approved the last proof and 2 days later she called.  Anyway, i asked if they could forward the calls but its a no go.  She won't be moving till the second week in November so i don't even have her new number yet.  I only have the number to the new store.  I wanted to have my invites out by the end of this month.

@TAkathy thats probably what im going to do.  Its the only way aside from reprinting. Do you think i should also note that the new number won't be available until November??

#5 TAkathy

TAkathy
    • Insiders
    • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

I would keep the info as brief but complete as possible. Include all necessary information so that people are not confused and understand who and when to call.  Everything about the change/correction should be in one place.  Highlight the new number.

I used a similar method (the note with ribbon attachment) to my daughter's baby shower invitations.  This part notified people about her registry info.  It was a jungle-themed invite.  So the cut-out was a monkey and the ribbon was a piece of fabric "vine".

It blended right into the theme and immediately brought attention to the note the monkey was "delivering" as he swung inside the card when it was opened.  

I'm sure your invitation will look beautiful!

Good Luck!

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
      AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
      Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#6 jaspbri0317

jaspbri0317
      • 79 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 13, 2018
      • Wedding Location:Curacao

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

I would do a little insert. Maybe business card size? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users