2015-2016 Moon Palace Brides

I'm thinking about having my cocktail hour and reception on the Venado Terrace but I'm not sure if it makes sense logistically... Will there be enough room for the cocktail setup, the reception setup plus the dance floor... what do you girls think?

• 1 month later...

We have a great new promotion for BDW Brides!  Book your wedding with Wright Travel Agency and fly FREE!  See below for more information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 15 rooms or more at selected properties and receive free round trip coach air tickets.

Book 3/16/2015-5/31/2015 for travel through 12/31/2016

For more information:

info@wrighttravelagency.com

Or fill out our contact form:

Bride & Groom Fly Free Promotion

Or Call: 1-415-839-7511

Featured Resort Brands:

·     All-Inclusive Collection - Hard Rock Hotels

·     Azul Hotels

·     Casa Velas

·     Dreams Resorts

·     El Dorado Resorts

·     Garza Blanca Resorts

·     Generation Resorts

·     Grand Velas Resorts

·     Iberostar Resorts

·     Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancun

·     NOW Resorts

·     Palace Resorts

·     Riu Palace

·     Royalton Resorts

·     Secrets Resorts

·     Valentin Imperial Maya

·     Zoetry Resorts

…and more (inquire to see if your resort qualifies).

Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid on new Group Bookings with Wright Travel Agency, LLC and applies to the wedding couple ONLY. A minimum of 15 paid rooms with a minimum of 5 nights per room (or a total of 75 paid room nights) booked in the group block in order to qualify for the offer inclusions.  Any complimentary nights or bookings made outside the group block will not apply towards this promotion.  Airfare must be booked and paid to Wright Travel Agency, LLC or its supplier to receive a credit towards coach tickets.  Wedding couple to receive credit 2-3 weeks after travel (valid for the wedding couple only when traveling from any US gateway, for a maximum value of $1,000.00 total for both tickets).  Customer is responsible for any cancellation fees once airline tickets have been issued.  Offer is subject to availability at time of signing contract and receipt of deposit, and may be changed or discontinued without notice.  Blackout dates, minimum night stays, room category restrictions, seasonal surcharges, taxes, resort fees, and other restrictions may apply.  Wright Travel Agency, LLC CST# 2084813-40.

med_gallery_206696_17612_826124.jpg

• Like 1

@@moonpalacebride2be congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum!!! So glad to see another moon palace bride. Planning is going well, I'm a Jan 2016 bride So far I've booked all vendors:

Hair and makeup: Styling Trio

Photographer: Samuel Luna

DJ: PSAV

Flowers and decor: LatinAsia

We're having between 25-30 guests and have reserved cocktail hour at Tucan Garden and reception at tucan terrace, we'll be having a beach ceremony. I've also already bought my dress, it's hanging in my closet right now

Please share your details

@@FutureMrsSam how's the wedding planning coming along?

@@moonpalacebride2be congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum!!! So glad to see another moon palace bride. Planning is going well, I'm a Jan 2016 bride So far I've booked all vendors:

We're having between 25-30 guests and have reserved cocktail hour at Tucan Garden and reception at tucan terrace, we'll be having a beach ceremony. I've also already bought my dress, it's hanging in my closet right now

Please share your details@@FutureMrsSam how's the wedding planning coming along?

Thank you!! I will be getting married on tucan beach, cocktail/reception at tucan garden and terrace also! :)

I am debating about the styling trio... I have heard good things but it is hard to justify the cost since I prefer to do my own makeup and i am not sure it is worth it for just hair!

I will probably have around 30 also, I think that is such a good number! We are planning on making a playlist and renting a system instead of a dj. Is Latinasia a preferred vendor for flowers? I can't quite remember but I was planning on contacting Marvin at maya floral.

We are going for a white, Tiffany blue and silver theme. I just went with the comp package and will be adding touches of blue and silver. What are you doing?

I do want to let you guys know that my wedding coordinator said that they recently had a meeting and it is possible to swap elements from one package to another now. That makes sense because they probably lost so much $$ when they wouldn't let brides do that!

Some of the diys I plan on doing are mr and mrs signs, Tiffany blue chair ties, cake topper, table numbers/seating, welcome bags (probably just a bubba cup, key card holder, activity and phone number list), and a diy photo booth/guestbook set-up with a Polaroid camera. I also plan on bringing my own paper lantern and making diy throwies to put inside and light them up- I found a tutorial somewhere lol. Probably others too but I can't remember off the top of my head! :D :D :D

Please share your details

@@FutureMrsSam how's the wedding planning coming along?

Things are coming along.. I find the whole process to be LONG.. I could have probably had the whole thing planned in a few weeks but I have wait for this or wait for that.. I guess I'm not a patient person lol

I received my date confirmation and contract last week and I sent it back right away saying that I wanted a group contract but I'm still waiting for them to send it to me... The contract said something about having the group contract signed within a week of the wedding contract or the wedding contract could be null and void.. but since I haven't received it yet I guess that rule isn't written in stone :wacko: I'm guessing most of you have already received your group contracts?

I booked the complimentary package but now I think I may want the exotic peacock package instead.. I love the colours..It'll go better with colours (maybe I should say: our lack of colours) We want to have in white, guests and all, so I think it'll look nice with that particular package... Not sure if you have been to MP but there is a beach on the Grand side, I think it's called the Caribeno beach, that's where we would like to get married.. it has an awesome path leading to it and it's kind of off on it's own so it should be semi private

I haven't bought my dress yet but I think I found it!! I love it!!

http://raffinebridal.com/wedding-dresses/kenneth-winston-1592/

I want to get it altered and make it strapless which means the back will have to come up a bit.. plus I want to remove some of the tulle and have a bustle (??) added so I can tuck in the train. What do you think?

The only reason I didn't buy it is because I couldn't actually try it on.. They didn't have my size, or bigger than my size.. and I'm nervous about buying a dress I haven't tried on.. so I'm on the hunt for this dress in my size ;)

I'm also working on my STD, which I want to send by June, I saw a Prezi STD on here somewhere and I thought it was genius!! So, though I'm not a computer wiz, I'm working on putting it together

Thats' it for now :)

@@moonpalacebride2be yay we have the same locations! My coordinator recommended them to me and said those are her favourite locations.

I'm not great with makeup or hair and thought this was one day I don't mind splurging! We've booked them to do mine, my MOH, two bridesmaids, MOB and MOG. It will be fun having everyone get ready in the room and drinking champagne. We're having photos taken whole getting ready too.

LatinAsia is a preferred vendor for flowers and decor. Just double check with your coordinator since Palace has done a lot of changes in the wedding dept. LatinAsia is great to deal with and super responsive. I have heard great things about Maya Floral so you can't go wrong with them.

Our colors are coral and grey and have also gone with the complimentary wedding package since I wanted to decorate it however way we want. We've rented a chuppah with white draping because I like that look better. The one with the complimentary package is nice but I've always envisioned it to look a certain way.

I'm not very creative so I won't be doing too many DIYs. The only thing would probably be our table numbers and my friend is making our place cards. I do like the Polaroid idea so I may also do that.

Who's your photographer?

@@FutureMrsSam my destination wedding travel coordinator actually arranged all of my contracts with Moon Palace. She just had me sign and review the contract, tell her my ceremony date and time preference and she dealt with them the whole time. It may be different for me since I'm Canadian. Here we book our flight and accommodations as a package. I didn't find it too long but I was doing this around October. I know that right now their really busy so that may be what's delaying things for you.

I've seen the peacock package in photos and it looks so nice. We went with the complimentary package since we wanted to add our own touches. I'm a bit of a bridezilla that way lol

I know a bride who actually had her wedding at Caribeno beach. She highly recommended it since it's more secluded.

I love the dress! But if you want strapless, maybe it will be more cost efficient to find a strapless dress with similar aspects of that dress? It may be really costly to do all those alterations. I hope you do find it though so you can try it on!

Edited by Wafflesmom

@@Wafflesmom it's been a week since I sent in my wedding contract and have yet to receive my group conract, I emailed them this morning to followup.. I'm Canadian too :) I'm in Winnipeg :D  I'll ask my TA if she can look after that for me.. what did your group contract include?

Initally I wanted to decorate myself but the thought of travelling with my decorations wasn't appealing to me :wacko: Plus I'm not crafty so making DIYs gives me a bit of anxiety lol

Good idea!! I'll see if I can find one cause so far I haven't had any luck finding my dress :(