2015-2016 Moon Palace Brides

If they changed policies after you signed they have to honor what the rates were back when signed.  That is how I locked in few things.  We started working with palace back in late 2013 so I was able to lock in few things plus we didn't pick our photographer until they offered the 400 deal so we were able to lock that.  Every year more things change, every resort is like that. 

@@KatyM81 did you do the dolphin excursion?  I know they moved it to off site.  Just wondering how many hours of the day does it take up now?   And what do they have at the dock where the dolphins use to be?

Also, I keep getting conflicting info on using the vip area of Nior.  I first heard it was only $100 something per bottle service.  Then I was told its about $300-400 for a table for 6.   Does any one actually know?   I just want to be able to reserve the upper back area of the club and who exactly to contact.  We have 30 people but I only think maybe 20-25 might go.

I didn't do the dolphin excursion but my sisters did. I think they left at 11 for the 12 time slot and the actual spending time with dolphins part was a little more than an hour. I'm pretty sure they were back around 2. So it's definitely more time consuming than it being right there, but they had a blast! On the dock where they used to be it looks like it's just a launching pad for some of the water sports, but I really don't know since I only walked past there once and wasn't sure what it was at first...  And we didn't go to Noir so I can't help you out with that question, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! I didn't realise they have moved the dolphin experience!

I emailed our wedding coordinator regarding this new cost to have the reception in the ballroom. I explained that it wasn't in our contract etc. and we had based our booking with moon palace due to the base costs and that I wasn't happy with this additional cost that we were informed of, especially as with approx. 50 guests, that would increase our costs by approx. $1500. It made no difference, she pretty much said nothing could be done about the costs and there were free reception venues such as the terrace.

We are not happy at all because it was important to have our reception indoors for the vision we have. So annoyed as we calculated all the base costs before deciding which hotel to book at.

@TropicsBride   I booked my wedding back in Dec of 2013,  my wedding is actually next month June 23.  You put your requests in and the sooner you do it gives you a better chance of getting it. The first person that requests it gets it first.   However, the true key on locking it in is paying your PO (purchase order) before the deadline date.   You get your PO around 45 days out from the wedding.  Once you sign all the documents and pay the remaining balance that will lock in your locations.  However, if you don't pay it by the deadline date the resort can give your 1st choice location to the next person that requested it.

Does anyone have any information on cakes? I received some information from our wedding coordinator about The Sweet Party, a catalogue, but no price guide, no photos of cakes you can choose from, no contact details. I need to ask for some more information from our coordinator but just wondering if anyone had any other bakers they had been in contact with as I like to compare?  

@@TropicsBride I only booked a few months ago so only just over a year in advance so can't help there but would definitely try and book your wedding earlier than later! Happy planning  :)

@@Wafflesmom that sounds ideal to go with Moon Palace. I would prefer that. I thought they must do cakes in house but they sent me a bakers details I thought it must not be the case. Will get on to my coordinator about this. I've gone with the catholic chapel package which doesn't include a cake but I would definitely prefer to have it done in house. 

Thank you!

Hello Brides!! Congratulations to each and every single one of you!!! I recently got married on May 1st in Playa del Carmen, so I wanted to share with you the best Dj and Photography Brands that I got for my perfect Day!

If you don't have any idea or recommendation for these two, I am glad to share my experience now that I finally got the chance to meet and work with them.

For the photos I got in touch with Shenko Photography, www.shenkophoto.com, a married couple that are real real artists. Their pictures took my breath away, and they uploaded a blog on their webpage for a sneak peek of my wedding day photos!

They made us a photoshoot one day before the Wedding, so we could meet each other in person and get to know each other working with the camera, which really helped for the big day so we could feel more comfortable.

Here is the blog if you want to take a look! 

http://www.shenkopho...-at-azul-fives/

I 100% recommend these people! Also because I think that wedding pictures are the best and only memory you got from that day, everything happens so quickly that I didn't even remember some details until I see the pictures!

For the music, I took a friend's recommendation and I love it ! Dj. Rickalvin from Fuzion Musical 

Ricardo Trujillo Duran

Entertainment Manager
9981604069 · dj.rickalvin@hotmail.com

He was really great! He also works with his wife and they were really punctual and very well organized, also got great prices and packages!

The music was really good and he was really interested to know our choices and what we liked and what we didn't like, so he did the best work!

I really hope to help you guys and don't hesitate to ask me whatever you need!

Best Regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you heard anything about the whole Moon Grand section (rooms, pools, restaurants, etc.) of the resort being closed from August through the end of 2015? One of my guests brought this to my attention based on information they found listed on Costco's Travel site.

My wedding is taking place 11/15/15 at Moon Palace with ourselves & our guests scheduled to stay in the Moon Grand section & I'm having trouble getting an answer from my contacts at the hotel. I'm trying not to freak out but a big reason we decided to have our wedding here was because of how much we love the Grand section. I also don't want us to be shuffled into lesser rooms at the last minute if the hotel isn't paying attention to the fact that we're reserved in a non usable spot. Thanks ahead of time for any information you might have!

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone have an indoor reception? Or is anyone having an indoor reception? I am wondering what I should add as far as the decor and all. Drapes, lighting, Curtain etc. Is it worth it or no.