Sign in to follow this  
palmtree99

Oot Bag & A Favor?

We're going to have nice OOT bags and then our favor is really small - some fancy Italian candy (FI is Italian and it's a traditional Italian favor apparently.) 

We're doing an OOT bag, raffia fans at the ceremony, and then leather luggage tags at the reception. I don't think the favor is necessary, but we wanted something nice (that would actually get used) as an extra thank you since people are spending so much to travel with us.

I agree in that anything goes. Whatever works for you is fine. I don't think there are hard and fast rules for a DW so go with what you're comfortable with.

If you don't do favors in lieu of OOT bags, do you think the guests will "get" that that's sort of their favor?  I don't want anyone to wonder why there's no favors at the reception.  I might go the candy route just so I don't have to worry about anyone thinking that's strange.

Does anyone really care about favors? I have been to many weddings and honestly couldn't tell u if they were there or not. I mean I am doing oot bags, maracas and fans but I consider those more of the ambience of the wedding. I think it's perfectly fine to skip the trinkets

• Like 1

@@nadiakat17 I agree,  feel the same way at weddings.  I understand that it's a way to thank your guests, and while I appreciate the gesture, at the end of the day I don't really need a little jar of candy to take home with me that I'll forget about.  I'm guessing a lot of people feel this way, but I think it's one of those traditional things you just have to do at a wedding.  But I do think that OOT bags are fine in place of a trinket-type favor.

• Like 1

I think part of the fun of a DW is that anything goes! I don't think any of my guests will have been to a DW before so I'm setting the bar lol...I am giving out OOT bags when they arrive, bamboo fans for the ceremony, and maracas at the reception (the whole shake to kiss thing instead of tapping on glasses!).

I think part of the fun of a DW is that anything goes! I don't think any of my guests will have been to a DW before so I'm setting the bar lol...I am giving out OOT bags when they arrive, bamboo fans for the ceremony, and maracas at the reception (the whole shake to kiss thing instead of tapping on glasses!).

Where are you getting your maracas from? I love that idea!