• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 palmtree99

palmtree99
  • 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Bermuda

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

@tehopper yes that is the same one!! I would love to find something like that!

#22 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

@palmtree99 I'm 5`2 and I'm wearing a short dress!! I tried on long dresses and they were all lovely, but just not for me.
I've opted for a vintage style /1950`s dress .It`s a tea length dress, its so cute and feminine!!!!! You can most certainly feel like a bride in a short dress!!!! Follow your gut instinct! Do what makes you feel good, after all its your big day!!!! :-) :-)

(I've attached a pic of the dress.... not sure if you can see it)

.Attached File  image.jpeg   31.66KB   7 downloads

Edited by stefadile, 18 October 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#23 palmtree99

palmtree99
  • 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Bermuda

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

@stefadile thank you for sharing!! I keep trying to google image shorter girls in wedding dresses but only get images of short dresses, not short girls : ). I've always been worried I'll look like a 12yr old in a wedding dress. I LOVE the tea length style of yours!!

#24 stefadile

stefadile
  • 192 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Negril , Jamaica
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

@palmtree99 you're welcome!!glad I was able to help!!
Like I said I'm 5'2 , and my fiancé is 6'3..... in the beginning I was sceptical about short dresses too, and I tried one on just on a whim, and loved it!! I think its just one of those things, you've got to try out, and see if its for you! Good luck finding your dress!!

#25 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

I am highly considering a short wedding dress, since it will be sooo hot the day of the wedding, but I still have reservations. Anyone out there doing a short one also? Have pics? Or did you do a short dress and regret it? Ahhh..so many options!!

My friend wore one at her wedding, sorry this is the only picture I could find on FB that shows it's length.

I think it looks stunning

friend_zpscb52da67.jpg

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#26 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

I've seen someone's on David's Bridal website that are short in the front and long in the back that looked pretty. Or you could do a tear away so you get the best of both worlds?

#27 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

the "high low" dresses look aweful on me! I'm only 5ft tall, and they make me look even shorter. :(  I saw a picture on Pinterest of a dress that is long for the ceremony and has a detachable bottom to make it short for the reception. I can't seem to find one anywhere though like that. Anyone heard of such a thing?

I know what you mean! I'd love to be able to wear those high low dresses and not look ridiculous haha. I'm 5ft as well :). I saw some of those convertible dresses online but in the end I didn't like them as much as the regular dresses so I didn't ask to see any or try any of them on.

I'm going with a long dress because I love it and I never get to wear long dresses :). I did try on a couple of short ones but they didn't impress me. I wear short dresses all the time and I really wanted something different. I thought they looked too casual for me and we're still going with a bit of a more formal wedding, despite it being a DW. With that said, I think you need to find what makes you happy. In my case, a long dress was what I envisioned, but if it's a short one for you, there are some great choices out there! 

Also, in my opinion I hated how tea-length dresses made me look. I really looked like a 12 year old and they cut my legs at the worst point making me look even shorter. Again, this is what I thought of those dresses on me, but everyone is different and they really work for some short girls.  I was worried about the same effect with a longer dress because i have a small chest and I was afraid of being "swallowed" by this huge dress. However, there are some dresses that accentuate curves, making you look like a woman, without making you look super short. I'd say stay away from ball gowns, and maybe try some a-line/mermaid gowns. The trick is, try everything on hahah, you will soon realize what works for you and what doesn't. 

Edited by TinkerSofi, 26 October 2014 - 11:07 AM.

event.png

#28 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

i googled the dress online and saw the Tara dress... I WANT to try that on.  This is my second marriage and I want a little poof and I love that it comes off and you have a beautiful cocktail dress.  I saw two different ones I like.  My first wedding I had a full detachable train.. so I guess I like that style... 

Now I have to see if they have these in my area to try on.  Wedding is on a huge budget.. and I spent 2000 on my first dress to sit in a box.. and eventually gave it away.. wont do that again.  I also want to do the trash the dress photo shoot... 

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#29 lydiasusi

lydiasusi
    • 73 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

I am highly considering a short wedding dress, since it will be sooo hot the day of the wedding, but I still have reservations. Anyone out there doing a short one also? Have pics? Or did you do a short dress and regret it? Ahhh..so many options!!

I have one where the front is short as mid calf, and the back is slightly long :)  I think my choice is excellent.

I sweat a lot, and I want to be comfortable, I'm "keeping it real".  Keep your eyes open, options open.  There is something out there for everyone ;) Good luck! 

My Jessica McClintock Vintage dress :) (not me in the pic) and yes, the sleeves are getting altered <3 IT'S SO COMFORTABLE 

il_570xN.328235509.jpg

think outside the box!!!! 

#30 Melody743281

Melody743281
      • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

This is my dress: http://www.alizeedre...-adwer0023.html

I like its appliques details, I choosed long wedding dress because my wedding is in winter day. I also suggest you try highlow dress,3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users