• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sryan921

• 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 14, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Sandals Grande Antigua
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

How did I not know about this site?! Finding people to talk to about Antigua, or a destination wedding alone, on weddingwire or theknot is like pulling teeth!

Glad to have found this site – I will be random contributor as I still have 11 months to go and get all wedding-obsessed-excited in waves. I just happen to be in the middle of an obsessive week because my dress arrived today!!!

Looking forward to getting the dirt, tips, advice and expertise from you all   :wub:

#2 puravida2015

• 210 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Las Mareas

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

LOL This site is like a gold mine!!! :)

Congrats to you. I was strongly considering Antigua until FI said let's do Costa Rica.  Good luck with your planning; this site is very helpful.

#3 beckys98

• 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

Welcome @sryan921! It is true - most of the world knows zero about planning a destination wedding so this site is great. In fact, as one of the last to get married, most of my friends are not all that interested in weddings in general anymore! They are 100% baby obsessed. So I get to talk about wedding stuff here without judgment or feeling like I'm boring anyone. You'll love it :)

I'm impressed you have your dress already! That is one thing I have not even started...

Congrats and happy planning!

#4 sryan921

• 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 14, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Sandals Grande Antigua
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

I only have the dress because my sister wouldn't leave me alone about the damn thing! I got it on Ebay for half the price as the one and only dress I tried on at David's during their bridesmaid dress session. HUGE weight off my shoulder :)

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

welcome to BDW.  I am sure you won't have any trouble finding brides to chat with :)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 vsschick

• 157 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 1, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Congratulations:) Antigua sounds like a lovely destination. I'm sure your wedding will be amazing. Wish you all the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users