Spray Tan?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Does anyone do the spray tan thing? I'm in a wedding in December and the BM dress is black - and i'm pasty pasty white... i need something! I use jergens and that helps but definitely enough against a black dress.

#2 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      Does anyone do the spray tan thing? I'm in a wedding in December and the BM dress is black - and i'm pasty pasty white... i need something! I use jergens and that helps but definitely enough against a black dress.
      I tried it once and I got all streaky and I hated it. My sister just did it before my wedding and she also hated it. Both at totally different places and years apart. I think if you are pasty white its not the best route to take. What about tanning a few times, it will help a lot. You will not be super dark, but you will not be crazy white anymore.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

I did the spray tan where they use the airbrush thing and it's a real person that applies it- not the booth kind. I was really happy with my results, although I'm not a really pasty person to start with. If you do it, make sure you exfoliate well ahead of time and don't go too dark- I think that's key. You might consider having it done once ahead of time to make sure you like it.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

I am definitely pasty white and I like Mystic Tan. As long as you're not doing it for a trip where you will be in the ocean or swimming it works well. You also have to watch out for sweating too tho cause that can make it wear off unevenly. Be sure to moisturize like crazy while you have it on which will also help prevent blotchiness. If you saw my Halloween pics you can see the results of it. That was 1 application of Mystic Tan (Clear, Regular) I believe...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

my cousin does it and she doesn't realize, but she's orange.

i don't know where she goes, what she uses, (or why she does it), but yes, she's a lovely shade of orange!

def. try ahead of time, if you decide to do it...

#6 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lauren c.
              my cousin does it and she doesn't realize, but she's orange.

i don't know where she goes, what she uses, (or why she does it), but yes, she's a lovely shade of orange!

def. try ahead of time, if you decide to do it...
              I was orange as well, and streaky, and so was my sister. And we both did Mystic Tan. I hear the one Sarah was talking about where someone actually applies it is the way to go. Not the machine like Mystic Tan.

#7 bks522

bks522
              • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

Mystic Tan is also really easy to mess up. If you're not careful you can end up with discolored hands & knees. I've never tried the spray on tan where someone actually applies it on you. It would probably work better! Hope this helps...

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

Tara I think Leigh mentioned one time that she did a wedding where all the bridesmaids had really fake tans and it totally showed in the pictures (or she saw one-I don't remember) I do know she mentioned tanning and being really careful before getting professional photos done...but hey you will get some color being in AZ, its still warm there.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

ok i think this is enough to make me not to do it I was thinking the booth thing - i'm not sure i want some random person spraying tanning stuff on me!

#10 starfish kate

starfish kate
                  • 455 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

I did it for my sister's wedding a few weeks ago and I actually liked it.... I'm pretty white but it was done by a "certified" professional (whatever that means) air brushed on. I don't think I was orange- I think mine looked more natural than my sister who went to a tanning booth. Sounds like it depends on where you go. I did a trial a couple of weeks before in case I didn't like it.
                    Kate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users