Sign in to follow this  
Maggietron

I Love A Dress Online That's Set To Be Discontinued

I found this dress online http://www.allurebridals.com/products/9016 and I think it's gorgeous, but it's set to be discontinued this fall, and my wedding isn't even confirmed yet for Nov 2015. 

I'm tempted to go check it out, but I'm sure it's out of my price range based on prices for similar dresses by the same designer. Do you think that when it's discontinued I'll be able to find one online somewhere for a discount? I could go try it on at a local place and then if I still love it once I try it on, I can try to find one for cheaper online (or made in China?) but I'm worried about falling in love with a dress I can't afford. Or worse, convincing myself that I can afford it!

Pretty! I would personally go check out dresses in person, in an area near you. I also just like seeing things in person better. There are beautiful dresses everywhere. You can even take this pic into a wedding dress shop and see what they have similar, that is in your price range!

• Like 1

I fell in love with my discontinued dress a bit over a year before my wedding and I got it on sale because it was the sample gown. Maybe call around to the shops and if they have it ask how much it is. Then if it's in your price range try it on, if not, try to find another dress with a similar style or buy a knock off one from China :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try it on now to confirm you love it. If you do, see if you can buy the sample right away. My dress was discontinued about a month after I purchased the sample due to not enough time for an order. I am SO thankful I was able to get my dream dress and at a price I could afford as the order would've been over my budget. I've been married a year and a half and i still get butterflies when i look at my dress in the closet. 

I bought my online and will just make the necessary alterations to it. Sometimes it is so much cheaper online that its worth it to pay the alterations. 

The alternative is a website that sells both new, sample and used gowns. I would say go try it on and make sure you really do love it, along with a few others just to be sure. Then you could always check here: www.preownedweddingdresses.com  Some of the prices can be as much as 70% of what the original price is. Good luck!

I found this dress online http://www.allurebridals.com/products/9016 and I think it's gorgeous, but it's set to be discontinued this fall, and my wedding isn't even confirmed yet for Nov 2015. 

I'm tempted to go check it out, but I'm sure it's out of my price range based on prices for similar dresses by the same designer. Do you think that when it's discontinued I'll be able to find one online somewhere for a discount? I could go try it on at a local place and then if I still love it once I try it on, I can try to find one for cheaper online (or made in China?) but I'm worried about falling in love with a dress I can't afford. Or worse, convincing myself that I can afford it!

My dress was to be "discontinued" and 3 months later it's still being sold, and at a cheaper price.   

If you have almost a year till your wedding, I wouldn't rush into buying something.  Especially if you haven't even tried on dresses, and it's the first dress you want.

I bought my "dream" dress, and ended up trading it in for another one. 

There are so many options out there, also try preownedweddingdresses.com :)