Canadian Brides In Mexico

GingerBride

We are still getting legally married in Mexico; but after hearing so many reviews from online fourms, from previous brides, that they regret getting married so late in the week, I am second guessing the legal part in Mexico.

We are told we have to be there for four business days, before we can legally wed.

We arrive on Saturday, so the earliest we can get married, is THURSDAY.

That means I won't really enjoy my time before then - watching what I eat, and drink in fear of bloating or gaining weight (MY DRESS)!!! haha

Soooo who knows what way we will go. Our wedding isn't until October 22 2015

I'm not getting legally married in Mexico but I arrive Saturday and marry Wednesday. Isn't my first choice but I had planned to arrive Sunday before Air Canada changed our flight. While I worry about my dress day and night I have to enjoy myself so will cross my fingers once I get to Mexico! I swell anyways so I've been thinking about all this for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not getting legally married in Mexico but I arrive Saturday and marry Wednesday. Isn't my first choice but I had planned to arrive Sunday before Air Canada changed our flight. While I worry about my dress day and night I have to enjoy myself so will cross my fingers once I get to Mexico! I swell anyways so I've been thinking about all this for awhile.

Crazy how AC can change your flight (I know this happens... but still). Screws up our wedding plans ;)

I haven't gone out looking for my wedding dress yet, but I'm debating a corset back because I always retain water, and salt when on vacation.

So much to consider ;)

Crazy how AC can change your flight (I know this happens... but still). Screws up our wedding plans ;)

I haven't gone out looking for my wedding dress yet, but I'm debating a corset back because I always retain water, and salt when on vacation.

So much to consider ;)

Hindsite is 20/20, I would have totally gotten a corset back too. But it's a bit late now for that -- we will just hope for the best :)

We booked before the flight schedules were finalized.  They fully cancelled our flight, it would have been worse -- they tried to change us to the Monday but my TA fought for the Saturday departure.

We're going to be there 5 days before the wedding too! We get there on a Sunday and are marrying on a Friday.  The earliest we could have married was Wednesday, but we decided to put it closer to the weekend and we have some people coming in on Thursday for it.  My plan is to cover up and not drink/eat TOO much before haha but we'll see how that works out.  I'm trying to give myself some wiggle room in my dress in case of anything

@@calgarybride2015 - I totally wish I had gotten a corset dress now too!! But I bought a waist cincher to wear underneath and that does help hold me in a bit :P.  I tried Spanx too but they made me look bigger while the waist cincer kind of has the corset effect

I'm arriving saturday night, and I was originally scheduled for Thursday (symbolic), but I got them to reschedule me for Wed so I wouldn't spend the whole trip worrying about sunburns. Plus, now I'm getting married on Remembrance day, which is a holiday in my province, so we'll have the day off for our anniversary from now on!

• Like 1

We're going to be there 5 days before the wedding too! We get there on a Sunday and are marrying on a Friday. The earliest we could have married was Wednesday, but we decided to put it closer to the weekend and we have some people coming in on Thursday for it. My plan is to cover up and not drink/eat TOO much before haha but we'll see how that works out. I'm trying to give myself some wiggle room in my dress in case of anything

@@calgarybride2015 - I totally wish I had gotten a corset dress now too!! But I bought a waist cincher to wear underneath and that does help hold me in a bit :P. I tried Spanx too but they made me look bigger while the waist cincer kind of has the corset effect

I may look into this waist cincher. Although it's my back that's the problem if it comes up enough it should still work -- where did you get it? Thanks :)

We had a symbolic ceremony in Mexico on October 23, and just got legally married here last weekend.

We arrived on Saturday and our wedding was in Thursday. It was actually perfect! We had 80 people and those days before helped everyone get to know each other, which made the wedding that much ex awesome because everyone knew each other and the party was fantastic! No one held back! Lol

I just layered in my sunscreen but didn't stay out of the sun at all, and my guests were also diligent in calling me over to help reapply the sunscreen! Lol I am seriously pale, and had no tan lines and no burn!

My dress was a zip up...I did not even pay attention to what I ate or drank...and I didn't have any issues fitting into the dress. I think it is so hot you sweat as much as you eat!

• Like 4

@@calgarybride2015 - I got it at the Bay!  It was $49 I think and the good Spanx were all like $80+. They actually let me buy them both, go home and try them on and then return the one that didn't work - but I made sure to return it the same day.  I got differing responses about the return policy from the different sales ladies about the return policy for under garments. The brand of the one I got is Miraclesuit.  I think a bustier would be good too, but I wanted to have the bra separate because my proportions are always imbalanced

@@candle23 - Yes, I figured everyone would get to know each other so the wedding would be even more fun! Glad to hear your wedding was awesome :)

Edited by tygrrlily
  • Like 1

Yup... We get in on Wednesday and get married on Monday... So lots of time for our guests to get to know one another and have fun... By the time our wedding happens the dance floor should be a gong show of old and new friends enjoying a great celebration! We have a welcome party/FI's birthday bash on the beach on the second night where 90% of our guests will be there... And that way they will have two big celebrations over the time we are there.

I am getting married there. I want that feeling when I walk down the aisle that it's the real deal. And I can't justify 50 guests (or whatever the number will be) spending $$$$ for a symbolic service.

But if I did change my mind, it would be cool to do something right before your departure. I could get into that.