My fiance and I are looking into Cabo resorts for a December 2015 destination wedding and Cabo Azul is one of the possible venues. We love the look of the place, but many of the contract details and policies are extremely concerning. Given the recent hurricane I haven't been able to speak to their wedding coordinator on the phone, but after reviewing the PDF's she sent, I'm worried booking here is a bad idea.
Does anyone have any recent information and/or experience with booking a wedding here? I'm specifically looking for tips on the following items:
- Alcohol policies: has anyone negotiated an open bar or changes to the above and beyond wine/champagne/signature cocktail costs?
- Vendor Fees: are outside vendors allowed and if so, is there a fee?
- General Satisfaction: did you have a good experience with your wedding? What do you wish you knew before booking?
- Were there any hidden costs?
- How much was your total Cabo Azul costs? We will likely have 45-60 guests.
Thanks for your help!