Timing The Invitations With Canadian Travel Packages

@@Maggietron I think that's a good timeline. Definitely settle the details first because sometimes travel arrangements or the hotel's availability can really change your plans (it definitely changed ours). Trust me, 3 months is plenty of time when your wedding is a year away. Most people will not book until the very end so try not to worry too much about that. I really stressed out with people not booking but most came through for us in the end :)

I was a mess!   I figured at one point we would be the only ones at our wedding.   Heck! my dad waited until the final day to pay.  Honestly though, you are right, everyone waits until the end.  So a heads up on that - you may not see a lot of people pay until the last week, so 3 months is more than enough time!

Edit: I was talking to another member this AM and she had people PAY the deposit, then not pay the final payment and they never once contacted her.  WOW!! I was hoping since noone has verbally told us they aren't coming now, that our numbers will stand. But until that fat lady sings I guess there is no guarantee. 

Edited by calgarybride2015

@@calgarybride2015 absolutely! I basically sat down with my parents and forced them to pay like two weeks before the deadline because no one had booked and I needed some reassurance that we wouldn't be alone hahaha. Such a drama queen now that I think about it :P. His family waited until the last day too bahaha. Now we're pushing 50 people!

Really try not to stress out about it. I know it's easier said than done though. 

@@calgarybride2015 absolutely! I basically sat down with my parents and forced them to pay like two weeks before the deadline because no one had booked and I needed some reassurance that we wouldn't be alone hahaha. Such a drama queen now that I think about it :P. His family waited until the last day too bahaha. Now we're pushing 50 people!

Really try not to stress out about it. I know it's easier said than done though. 

Nah, not a drama queen!  We all do it.  I am finally starting to calm down in general. I feel happy and balanced again and I don't feel strained with fiance.   I think because we had the talk about him helping me make decisions, he has been very supportive and not goofy!    We have good contact with all our guests, so I think I would know by now!  The only iffy one is Shawn's cousin who is booking on her own. We know she hasn't booked yet, but has RSVP'd.  *crossing fingers*   I do feel I have A LOT to do. Final paperwork is due soon so really thinking thru flowers, and BMs bouquets and how to tie in fiance's shirt (turquoise) into my scheme.  That has been a little ruffled, but I think I figured it all out!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

I was just emailing my TA about this today.  I am working on my STDs and went into a little bit of a panic. My concern is that if we ask our guests to put down deposits a year in advance, it might be cutting it close to Christmas for some of our guests with children. Our wedding is scheduled for Nov 2015. My TA said each person would only be required to put a $150 deposit down now, and the balance is required next summer. She also said that if I was concerned about it cutting it close to Christmas, I could wait till Jan to get deposits. The more I think about it though, Jan isnt a good time either because usually people are broke after Christmas. Ahhhh! 

I am so confused. 

I was just emailing my TA about this today. I am working on my STDs and went into a little bit of a panic. My concern is that if we ask our guests to put down deposits a year in advance, it might be cutting it close to Christmas for some of our guests with children. Our wedding is scheduled for Nov 2015. My TA said each person would only be required to put a $150 deposit down now, and the balance is required next summer. She also said that if I was concerned about it cutting it close to Christmas, I could wait till Jan to get deposits. The more I think about it though, Jan isnt a good time either because usually people are broke after Christmas. Ahhhh!

I am so confused.

I felt the same way. Our final payment is due in a few weeks which isn't far off Christmas and we travel mid January. But if they want to come they will find a way, trust me. If it's not Christmas it's something else. The excuses are endless. So go with what you want and just be confident in that. It doesn't make it easier but people always have an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was one of my biggest concerns too and I'm still working out how we'll do it in the end. As of right now, we're planning on using WestJet but they only give guests 30 days to get their deposits in from when we decide to go with their quote. So I set up our website with all the details minus pricing, we'll get invitations done up in December and hopefully receive them by early January then get pricing mid January and update the website. Since most people live in our city, we might just hand deliver them so they get them within a day of us getting the pricing and have a full 30 days.

For those that lives across Canada, we would either send out the invitations a few days before we know we'll get pricing so by the time they receive the invitations, we can update the website with the pricing OR just tell them we have pricing and visit the website, invitations are on the way. Most people know a deposit will be due in January/February and will have roughly 3-4weeks to get the money in, so we're hoping that'll be ok.

As for the actual RSVP date, we're going to make it for 6-8 months before the wedding date because we're giving people the option of using our travel agent and getting the group rate, or booking on their own. I think 6-8 months should be enough time for the actual wedding day planning. 

@@calgarybride2015 So true about there always being some kind of excuse. It isn't as if you got engaged one day and starting asking for deposits the next day. People have time to decide if it's something they want to set money aside for so when the time comes they'll be ready. 

I feel like once I get one thing figured out and get excited about it, something else comes up. LOL 

I am wondering if on a second page of my STD if I should write that as of now we are looking to start collecting deposits in Jan/Feb so people can start saving? I have included the wedding website on the STD, but I could move that onto the second page, and just write a short blurb about deposits??? And include our TA info so they can feel free to contact her before Jan/Feb if they choose?

Edited by MissJen3

What about telling them that the deadline is in November? There will always be an excuse if they don't want to come but at least they won't forget with all the Christmas preparations and the holidays. Our problem was that our deadline was in summer and everyone is in vacation mode haha. You know, I put all the info on my STDs and our website with even more info but no one seemed to read things. They still asked how everything worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like once I get one thing figured out and get excited about it, something else comes up. LOL 

I am wondering if on a second page of my STD if I should write that as of now we are looking to start collecting deposits in Jan/Feb so people can start saving? I have included the wedding website on the STD, but I could move that onto the second page, and just write a short blurb about deposits??? And include our TA info so they can feel free to contact her before Jan/Feb if they choose?

I would leave that information on the website. How much information do you have on your STD? Mine basically just says Mayan Rivera, Mexico - November 2015 and to see our website for details.