@VegasBride121314 Can I borrow your MOH?! That is awesome. I just sent my STDs out in early August and it is driving me nuts that people who KNOW for sure that they are coming haven't put down their mere $150 deposit. I feel like they should just make it easy on me and do it :) I've seen some comments about my resort selling out and now I'm paranoid.

We are still 8 months out so I can probably wait until January to start really hounding people.

Is June really 8 months out? wow!!!   :)

I asked my dad if he would come to Mexico for my wedding before we decided on doing it and it was a 100% yes - who was the last person of 41 to book? my dad!   It's just the name of the game!! Hang in there.

• Like 1

Our final payment is coming up end of October. I think I'm going to send just a couple of emails to people that were on the fence to let them know. Everyone else I'm taking as a no. It's definitely a bit frustrating though because we invited about 100-120 people and we've had a total of about 20 RSVPs at all - yes or no! (About 40 booked though haha).

I like that postcard idea, Kim! I kind of wish I had done that about a month ago, but right now I don't want to spend money for people to say no :s

We used paperless post to send an email reminder card and that worked really well. Anyone that didn't respond to that, we counted as a No

This is a good idea. I love paperless post - have used it in the past for a couple of parties.  I like how it seems less direct than an email haha.  I'm going to look at it now

What type of card did you choose?

Edited by tygrrlily

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics