Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

A Groom Who Needs Some Help - Overwhelmed On Locations!

Hello ladies (and other chaps on here)!

Wow! There are so many destinations to choose from!

We are a Canadian and UK (me) couple, but both live in Australia. SO, we are looking for an all inclusive in the Caribbean/Mayan Riviera to bring our families together there. But I don't know how to narrow down the search. We know what we are looking for (I put details below), but wondered if any of you ladies had organised a similar international wedding who had good advice?

In fact any advice is warmly welcomed!!

Many thanks all,

Adam

Guests:
Approx 15 from UK
Approx 15 from Vancouver/Toronto
Approx 4 from Australia PLUS us 2 (bride and groom)
Dates: mid-late November 2015 (pretty flexible)
Preferred location: In the Caribbean (not Dominican Republic please) or Mayan Riviera. Preferences maybe Jamaica but depends on best value for money and classiness.
Food/drink: All inclusive
Size: Med-Large resort but not gigantic!
Star: 4-5 (5 if possible)
Kids: Allows kids but not overrun with them!
Price point: approx £920 per person / CDN$1700 

Try Karisma properties... azul and generations both allow kids and would work well, Canadians can book packages for reasonable and I believe so can those from the UK.

They are beautiful resorts that aren't massive but have amazing amenities and great food and drink!

PS - welcome and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016
  • Like 1

I'm staying at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya and it's a 5*. From Canada we are paying $1565 for a week in January. Checks everything on your list so worth a check :)

Congrats and good luck. Picking a resort will be overwhelming but then the fun begins.

You may also like the Grand Bahia Principe resorts. There are three and you can move between them but each has their own things. Ie - Coba has the kids water park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

@@AdamB - welcome to BDW! I second Kim's suggestion of Karisma. Look at Azul Sensatori or Generations Riviera Maya in Mexico, or Azul Sensatori Jamaica. All three are family-friendly, have gourmet food, are all inclusive (with top shelf liquors, all restaurants included), and are large, luxury resorts.  

Here's a link to the Karisma resorts: http://www.karismahotels.com

Welcome to our forum community, AdamB and Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding!!! always great to hear from the grooms, kudos on your planning research :)

As you've probably already seen, the Mayan Riviera resorts specializing in destination wedding are really Prolific!!!! That being said, since they do specialize in destination weddings, and are located in our incomparably magnificent Mayan Riviera, whichever one you choose will be Awesome! That takes some pressure off your shoulders... to be sure :)

You may find the Barcelo Maya Colonial  interesting to check out with lots of options to choose from, to custom fit your plans.

Here's an image to show you what it looks like, and what an amazing backdrop it would make for your Wedding Day Love Story in photos.....with more at the album link here: Barcelo Maya Colonial Wedding

390448_10150420303074487_2101738834_n.jp

390216_10150420305064487_179192581_n.jpg

Another advantage of choosing a destination in our Mayan Riviera is the local cenotes which make the most fantastic backdrops for magical underwater Trash The Dress images that look like a fairytale starring you two lovers....example seen here:

10504953_10152534020289487_7583945835974

....more at this link: Playa del Carmen Cenote TTD

Here's a link to take you to many more albums from some of the other resorts in our area.....as they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words" ....MTM fb albums link

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - Cheers!!! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter

I stayed at Dreams Riviera Cancun in January and loved it!! Food is amazing, relatively newer resort and a lot of activities for everyone. 

Congrats and welcome to BDW! Always nice to see the grooms to be involved in the planning!

I am one that can vote for Jamaica. The price points are varied depending what you're looking for but still very reasonable. We were married at the Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica in Runaway Bay and fell in love with the country. We had a local photographer and the resort has a gazebo that gives you the best of both worlds by being right on the beach without having your toes in the sand. It's beautiful and extremely popular. You might also look at the Secrets resorts or The Royalton White Sands. I know for a fact that Thomson does tours out of the UK having family there that have been to Jamaica and of course from Canada it's a popular destination.

Good luck and keep us posted on your final choice! Happy planning!!

I'm partial to AMResorts (Secrets, Dreams, etc.) Beautiful all-inclusive properties in the areas you're interested in. Secrets is Adults Only and Dreams is family oriented. There isn't a Dreams property in Jamaica but they are opening a new one St. Thomas in December.